нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Which is better....G Gundam or Gundam Wing?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Which is better....G Gundam or Gundam Wing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject: Which is better....G Gundam or Gundam Wing?
Although i like Gundam Wing better, G Gundam does have some of its good qualities. Although i have already gone over this with my friends, i want to see what everyone out there thinks about this issue.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 6:32 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
I happen to like GW better than GG. GG was ok in the begining. But it was also basically Domon fighting for a while then going "SHINING FINGER!!" that got old. Soon the episodes got better. Then, the tournament started. In the begining it was good, then it became DBZ. And if you read one of my recent posts you know my opinion of DBZ. GW is good through the whole thing. GG has strong and weak spots.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 7:54 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Depends what you mean by better. If you are only referring to mecha, GG wins hands down. (My personal favourite is the John Bull/Royal Gundam, but that's just because I'm british) Overall though, GW is the better series
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Irkan_Warrior wrote:
Depends what you mean by better. If you are only referring to mecha, GG wins hands down. (My personal favourite is the John Bull/Royal Gundam, but that's just because I'm british) Overall though, GW is the better series

I personally think the mechas better in GW. But that could just be because of the animation. Everyone has to admit that GW has better animation than GG. The better animation might have provided for better detail on the Gundams and such, which made them look a lot cooler.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 8:16 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
To me G-Gundam shouldn't have ever even been made, I hate it with a passion. Gundam Wing was infinately better IMO. Better story, better animation, better mechs, better characters, it's just better. No offense to any Gundam newbie or vetran who actually likes the series, I just have an extremely strong hatred for it.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 8:32 pm
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
I must agree with everyone else (almost)

GW had deeper characters in my opinion and it had better animation (thank u trigun). Although GG had more fights, the good guys always won, as in GW the good guys almost always lost. That kept the story more interesting and didn't get repeatitive kinda like GG at end of beginning (if that makes any sense). Also GW was good enough that they made a movie, EW to complement the show. The best part is that stuff is explained in EW and stuff is still left hanging in a good way. That gives u room to imagine stuff but it also starts alota rumors. Also EW isn't just like DBZ movies were it is just stupid but EW is acually cool kinda like the show. I have nothing agianst GG but i just think that GW is better.
PostWed Jan 21, 2004 9:03 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
Yeah, GW is definitely better, though G Gundam is still entertaining. It has a lot of weak points in its story and is kind of unbeleivable. In a bad way. I mean, the people can kick buildings and destroy them. With their actual feet. Not in mechs. Now thats just DBZ and Gundam combined. A serious no-no. Still, the way the people piloted the gundams allowed for some pretty cool action. Not only do you get the classic hand-to-hand mech fights, but you get some awesome special weapons. Only its way more fast paced than other shows where robots are punching eachother. Still, GG is not nearly as good as GW. It gets too DBZish at the end. GW stays original through the whole thing.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 4:31 pm
The_Punisher

Post subject:
Gundam Wing is so much better in animation. battles, storyline, and character development. G-Gundam did have some cool areas but overall it was my least favorite Gundam Series (since i've only seen 3- G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, and 08th MS Team)
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 5:51 pm

Post subject:
The_Punisher wrote:
Gundam Wing is so much better in animation. battles, storyline, and character development. G-Gundam did have some cool areas but overall it was my least favorite Gundam Series (since i've only seen 3- G-Gundam, Gundam Wing, and 08th MS Team)

8th MS is definitely better than GG. However, its really short. The animation is better than GG and even better than GW. Really great animation. But overall GW is the best. Animation, action, and a good storyline thats deep enough to be good but not so deep that it would be confusing. Basically perfect.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 6:03 pm
Tri_GUN_damwing

Frequenter

Post subject:
The above was me. I forgot to log in. STUPID!
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 6:05 pm
Epyon_Pilot

Post subject:
Yes Yes
But i need to ask a question: does GG come after GW or is it another alternate universe?
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 6:57 pm
The_Punisher

Post subject:
Epyon_Pilot wrote:
Yes Yes
But i need to ask a question: does GG come after GW or is it another alternate universe?

GG comes after Gundam Wing
There are no alternate universes in the Gundam Universe. Its the last stage they made a show for and its when the arth becomes a battlefield, as you know.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 7:15 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
.....ugh god no get your information right first. Ok first there is the one UC storyline, then there are the alternate universe storylines, and every single one of those take place in a different universe. Just because you saw the Wing Gundam make a cameo near the end of GG doesn't mean the two are connected in any way.

"hmm yeah they're both 49 eps, but they both have different cockpit systems, different ways of fighting, one is comical on some level, while the other is pseudo-political drama....yeah they must be a continuity of one huge story....."
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Punisher

Post subject:
No
There are NO alternate universes. What makes you think that? Look here: www.gundamofficial.com Then you'll see that I'm right. There's Universal Century, then After Colony, then Future Century. They take place one after the other.
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 9:30 pm
The_Punisher

Post subject:
OOPs.
You're right- there are alternate realitys. After further reading I found ur right. Sorry bout that Sad
PostThu Jan 22, 2004 9:50 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: