нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The Status of Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The Status of Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I wholeheartedly concur. Except for the shit-on-my-face part. Self-defecation just doesn't do it for me . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 5:15 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Disney rarely uses their classic characters anymore for anything other than commercial uses and advertisements. I think the last time Mickey Mouse himself was used in a movie was at the end of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 5:58 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
when was the last time you saw mr. magoo wandering around his own theme park? also don't forget about the series House of Mouse, while not brilliant or terribly innovative it was in the same vein as the older shorts and there were a few gems that came out from it.

by the way house of mouse used damn near every disney character ever created.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 6:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
lol This could get ugly, let's just all agree that Disney sucks and move on.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:03 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
lol This could get ugly, let's just all agree that Disney sucks and move on.

Nope, sorry, no can do.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:07 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
lol This place has changed, man, I remember when you could stir people into a frenzy by just mentioning Disney.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:10 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
lol This place has changed, man, I remember when you could stir people into a frenzy by just mentioning Disney.

Just wait until Andro sees your post... Laughing

Disney doesn't suck, but Disney management does. Wink
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:20 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
*takes cyanide capsule*

I regret nothing!
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 9:22 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
ROBRAM89 wrote:

Just wait until Andro sees your post... Laughing

Disney doesn't suck, but Disney management does. Wink

to tired to rage.... so... what Nobu said.

but I will add this. attack disney only ONLY with your defense as to why immediatly following the statement. Specifics only. If not expect not to see your post for very long.
PostTue Jul 27, 2004 11:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm sure if Andro wasnt' so tired, that sentence of his would have had correct grammar usage and would have made sense . . .

Point is, if Walt Disney never existed, then there would be no cartoons. I exagerate not.

Current Disney CEO and board of directors have killed the company and made the company sucktastic.

Eisner = evil. Disney = Creative.

PostWed Jul 28, 2004 12:15 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
mlah. yeah what he said. essentially what I was trying to say above was that if you are going to make generalities such as "disney sucks" I damn well expect you to then immediatly follow that statement up with something substantial (note: the reason "because" and "anime is better" are not substantial). Think of me as the Champion of American Animated Justice.
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 12:23 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Sucks: (v.) the present progressive form of "suck."

I didn't say that Disney has always sucked, I said SUCKS, as in Disney CURRENTLY sucks. Walt Disney was a good, creative man (to my knowledge, although I have heard some nasty rumors) but Eisner is a demon sent from Hell to destroy the minds of children worldwide with crappy movies and television. And Walt Disney doesn't control Disney anymore, El Diablo Eisner does. Outside of Pixar (who they need far more than Pixar does them) Disney has barely done anything decent in the past 10 years.

But I do appreciate that you're at least being civil about the whole thing, as opposed to the developing flame war I'm trying to avoid in the InuYasha thread.
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 4:31 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
as far as the quality of movies and series being put by disney is diverse range of quality. There are three shows in the last couple of years that Disney has produced that I enjoy watching, the writing is fairly crisp and same goes for the animation. Those are Dave the Barbarian, Kim Possible, and House of Mouse (in order of favorite too).

But as far as (theatrical animated) movies go, man, Disney has been hitting pretty good. The problem comes from either a lack or just straight incompetent marketing. Tarzan, Atlantis, Emperor's New Groove, and Treasure Planet --each one not only extremely well animated but well written to boot. Tarzan and Atlantis especially are very well designed and the style hits it's marks flawlessly.

Brother Bear and Teacher's Pet took some coxing for me to see them but was pretty impressed with how they were pulled off. Baseman's style and humor makes for a very entertaining film and well Brother Bear wasn't bad but wasn't the rockin' awesome faire it could have been.

The only and I mean ONLY disney piece that I absolutely refused to see (and will continue to do so) is Home on the Range. Not only should Rossanne Barr be shot but the script looked to be so much of a mediocre piece of junk that.. well.. it's just crap. Though it did look to be rather well animated.

Remember that Disney is the MASTER of the animated art. The japanese just take to many short cuts in their major releases for them to ever take the top spot. Oh wait, Eisner conceded the race to them by dropping development of future tradiional animated films. The japanese just don't take the time to make the best they can. They rely for FAR to heavily on the short cuts of limited animation to be the best they could be. Not to mention they lack style.
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 5:11 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kim Possible is an awesome show. The Emperor's New Groove was an AWESOME movie (Atlantis, however, while very well animated, wasn't really that good . . . )

But I disagree with you partly on the short-cuts thing. Spirited Away was BEAUTIFUL and had some of the best animation I had ever seen.

Better than what Disney could produce? I'd say more of an equal. But I didn't think it lagged behind what Disney was capable of at all.

PostWed Jul 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
As always there is an exception that produces unlike the rest. Spirited Away took by far less shortcuts than just about any other anime.
PostWed Jul 28, 2004 6:27 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: