нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Metropolis, and more in '05!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Metropolis, and more in '05!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Metropolis, and more in '05!
SwimBuddha wrote:
In the effort to keep you informed well ahead of the curve, we're pleased to announce the following programming updates and initiatives for 2005:

*The as-of-yet untitled Seth Green Project will premiere in January for a full season.

*[The] Boondocks, a co-production with Sony, will air in Fall 2005, and will likely be noticeably edgier than when it first appeared on Fox. (...Huh? -Daikun)

*New Family Guy episodes will air Summer 2005.

*Stroker & Hoop will begin its run in Summer 2005.

*Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door) will make its Adult Swim debut Fall 2005.

*The anime movie Metropolis will premiere in early 2005.

*Two Inuyasha movies are also slated for 2005, the first in Spring of 2005, the second in Summer of 2005.

Source: SwimBuddha at the official Adult Swim forums
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 1:08 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
is any of that new? I don't really think so. Maybe the confirmation part only.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 1:49 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
is any of that new? I don't really think so. Maybe the confirmation part only.

Some of the info is new, but I wouldn't say we even have confirmation yet. SwimBuddha is not a member of Williams Street staff (just a board mod), and he's the same idiot who said that Vandread was going to air on Toonami (it ended up on Starz Action). He loses points for lack of reliability.

I'll wait for the press release.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:05 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
*holds breath*
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:15 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
SwimBuddha is not a member of Williams Street staff (just a board mod), and he's the same idiot who said that Vandread was going to air on Toonami (it ended up on Starz Action). He loses points for lack of reliability.

You got the wrong guy, Nobu. Another mod (SwimMod_Luvv) said that.

Also, SwimBuddha is the only mod at the AS boards that you can look up to for news. Why do you think only he posts in the Announcements board and none of the others? Wink And yes, although he uses the word "will" in a lot of future announcements for schedules like its concrete (i.e. "Ghost in the Shell WILL premiere on November 13," etc.), every single one of the shows and movies he mentioned in the Announcements board has aired on or will air on Adult Swim at some point, delayed or whatnot.

SwimBuddha is a lot more trustworthy than some people perceive him to be. His image was just simply distorted because of the actions of the other mods, making them think he's just like the rest with their unfounded claims. Buddha is actually the only different one of the pack.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
You got the wrong guy, Nobu. Another mod (SwimMod_Luvv) said that.

Then I will stand corrected on that point.
However, my position remains unchanged. When they follow up his announcement with the official press release, then I'll celebrate.

Because I've become bitter and jaded in my old age... Wink

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:33 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
and actually swim buhda DOES work for WS. He's more than just a mod, he's like the AS web guy, he's in charge of the site, maybe more I don't remember word for word what said at Comic Con.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Metropolis, and more in '05!
Ok, for the sake of discussion, let's take it at face value.

The majority of his post sounded like a convention announcement/bumper card round-up (I'm sure I've seen most of this info posted elsewhere) except for:
SwimBuddha wrote:
*Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (Knockin' on Heaven's Door) will make its Adult Swim debut Fall 2005.

*The anime movie Metropolis will premiere in early 2005.

Analysis:
This part is new to me. I'd wager they had to take Metropolis in a package deal with Sony if they wanted the Bebop movie. I don't see Metropolis appealing to most people (i.e. casual viewers). It's too retro-funky for mainstreamers, judging by the cold reception to similarly-styled shows like Astro Boy, Kikaider and Cyborg 009. Sad

Speculation:
Maybe they managed to get future rights (approx. 2007) to Steamboy. Although I'm not hopeful. Wink
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 7:29 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Great...more InuYasha...isn't that magical...
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:48 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
But you see: Metropolis was actually good, unlike the rest of those, Nobu. It had social and moral conflict above that of a grade school level. So, in all honesty, I shouldn't consider it better, but more to my taste. I guess I'd have to agree that Metropolis would probably be above the taste of most Adult Swim viewers, even.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 2:39 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
But you see: Metropolis was actually good

All int he eye of the beholder.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 4:28 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: