нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Inu Yasha Perfect Edition SECRET BETA TEST
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Inu Yasha Perfect Edition SECRET BETA TEST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject: Inu Yasha Perfect Edition SECRET BETA TEST
If you can see this, you are a member of the public.

Download this to your hard drive and play through QT Player for the intended effect!
http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/iy-ending4pe.mov

Questions:
If you haven't paid for QT Pro, does the "Play Full Screen" button work as advertised?
Does the "asfdotcom.net" button take you to ASF in your default web browser?
Do audio tracks switch as expected? (A little blip is expected. A long one is not)
Any performance issues? If so, what's your CPU speed/Operating System?
For those with MPC: What happens when played through Media Player Classic instead?
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 7:17 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Inu Yasha Perfect Edition SECRET BETA TEST
TylerL wrote:
If you can see this, you are a member of the public.

Download this to your hard drive and play through QT Player for the intended effect!
http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/iy-ending4pe.mov

cool, i got a few minutes...

TylerL wrote:
Questions:
If you haven't paid for QT Pro, does the "Play Full Screen" button work as advertised?

when activated before hitting "play", it goes full-screen with the set options, but when pausing or restoring the original size, the black bar of options no longer appears (dunno if that's expected, but thought i'd mention it anyway)...

when activated while playing, it appears to 'try' to expand to full-screen, but soon reverts to the regular size and subsequently locks up...keep in mind, however, that my machine typically chugs on full-screen quicktime vids, so my case may be the exception...

TylerL wrote:
Does the "asfdotcom.net" button take you to ASF in your default web browser?

works fine...

TylerL wrote:
Do audio tracks switch as expected? (A little blip is expected. A long one is not)

appears to be the same minor delay in your other dual-language files, though the english track plays much louder than the japanese one...

TylerL wrote:
Any performance issues? If so, what's your CPU speed/Operating System?

as explained above, my computer stumbles a lot on your higher-quality vids, but it's four years old so it's expected...if it matters, i have a pentium celeron 800mhz running windows me...

TylerL wrote:
For those with MPC: What happens when played through Media Player Classic instead?

sorry, can't help ya there...

---

Added a few minutes later: the error message from the lockup mentioned above (if it's any help) - "Quicktimeplayer has caused an error in QUICKTIMEESSENTIALS.QTX. Quicktimeplayer will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 7:42 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
a.b.c.d.e.f.g.h.i.j.k.l.m.n.o.p.q.r.s.t.u.v.w.x.y.z
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 8:01 pm
TylerL

Better Than You

JJc14 wrote:
when activated before hitting "play", it goes full-screen with the set options, but when pausing or restoring the original size, the black bar of options no longer appears (dunno if that's expected, but thought i'd mention it anyway)...

That's normal. The bar will return when the video clip ends.
Quote:
when activated while playing, it appears to 'try' to expand to full-screen, but soon reverts to the regular size and subsequently locks up...keep in mind, however, that my machine typically chugs on full-screen quicktime vids, so my case may be the exception...

What OS? What version of DirectX?
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 8:21 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
language switching just sorta dies for me, as in the sound stops,
play fullscreen works, as does the link to asfdotcom.net
it is a bit laggy for me, mind y ou I'm also running labor intensive programs simultaneously

WinXP Pro, DX 9.0c P3 ~1.0GHz
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

TylerL wrote:
What OS? What version of DirectX?

windows me 4.90 ([insert groan here]) / directx 9.0b
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 10:06 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
P3 1133MHz - 512MB - WinXP

QuickTime 6.5.1
All buttons work

RealPlayer 10.5
All buttons except Play Full Screen work

Both players: switching between language tracks too many times causes audio to go away, but it's like that with all the dual language files.

P.S. If Viz didn't lie about there being textless ending #4 on DVD 21, then you would have had this over a month ago.
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 10:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Im running a P4 2.8 GHz with WinXP. I can switch between the audio tracks until my ears bleed, works fine.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Sep 29, 2004 11:37 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
running an athlon 64 3200 with xp and everything but the audio works great. it could verywell be that I don't have speakers but that's just a hunch.
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 2:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
we could test that theory, I have speakers, it might just work for you... if we both get together we might be able to make it work!
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 3:03 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
One thing I need people to test:
Play a video (or at least the end of one) and click the "Play Full Screen" button.
When the video ends, does it exit full screen and go back to the beginning of the video?
Does QuickTime stay responsive?
Can you immediately play it again?

Also, of course, what are your thoughts?
Should all important videos (textless intros/endings) on TDA and ASF receive the same treatment?
One downside is large filesizes. Inu Yasha Intro 5 tips the scales at 33MB.
I can do this for DBZ/GT (intro 1 and ending 1), Tenchi Muyo (with credits), and a few others.
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 7:16 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
it plays full screen returns to windowed and the beginning at the end and can immidietly be replayed

*shrugs*

I don't d/l that stuff anyways...
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 10:47 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
One thing I need people to test:
Play a video (or at least the end of one) and click the "Play Full Screen" button.
When the video ends, does it exit full screen and go back to the beginning of the video?
Yes
TylerL wrote:
Does QuickTime stay responsive?
Yes
TylerL wrote:
Can you immediately play it again?
Yes

TylerL wrote:
Also, of course, what are your thoughts?
Should all important videos (textless intros/endings) on TDA and ASF receive the same treatment?
One downside is large filesizes. Inu Yasha Intro 5 tips the scales at 33MB.
I can do this for DBZ/GT (intro 1 and ending 1), Tenchi Muyo (with credits), and a few others.

I was planning on redoing the intros and endings I submitted (WHR, WR, YuYu, SM, GitS: SAC, etc.) in 640x480 (or 640x360 depending on the aspect ratio). I am waiting for Sorenson AVC to be integrated into QuickTime Player because the file sizes should be smaller. But whatever you decide is fine. If you want to encode the .vob files yourself I can send them to you.
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 12:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I'm gonna stick with plain ol' Sorenson 3 for now. It's actually based off a draft spec of AVC.
I've also played with Sorenson AVC. Not the best implementation. Apple's (developer preview) kinda sucks at this point too. H.264/AVC won't reach maturity for at LEAST 6 more months. Even then, how am I supposed to get the unwashed masses upgraded? I get whining all the time about "wtf how com i get no sound?" from people with QuickTime 5.

Inu Yasha will be the only set of Perfect Edition clips for a while. I still have a backlog of 30-40 clips and less and less time to work on two sites.

Beefy, would you be able to do an Inverse Telecine on clips that need it? If you can't, I'd be able to throw the .vobs in Cleaner (like the Inu Yasha clips) and get it done too.
Motion compensation is super-important at this size to retain a small bitrate. (Watch the compression artifacts in the clouds in IY Ending 4 PE between :05 and :15 to see what I mean.)
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 1:27 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
TylerL wrote:
Beefy, would you be able to do an Inverse Telecine on clips that need it? If you can't, I'd be able to throw the .vobs in Cleaner (like the Inu Yasha clips) and get it done too.
Motion compensation is super-important at this size to retain a small bitrate. (Watch the compression artifacts in the clouds in IY Ending 4 PE between :05 and :15 to see what I mean.)

Sure, 3:2 pulldown will be removed. I've been quite pleased with VirtualDubMod and its filters.
PostThu Sep 30, 2004 1:49 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: