нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - The war of RIAA
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
The war of RIAA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of the RIAA's actions?
It's great, I'm glad they're taking action; I don't file swap anyway
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm indifferent; I don't file swap
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
It's terrible!
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
I did so not out of habit or routine.
It was on the family TV for some reason, and I started watching.
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 11:51 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
my brother has d/led approx 2400 songs....
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 1:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Shinobo wrote:
TylerL wrote:
...then I watch MTV Cribs.

I can no longer speak to you. Ever. You have committed a grave sin, and the only way to atone for such an act is self immolation.

MTV Cribs actually ain't that bad. Although, MTV's best show (which isn't hard) is Made. I love that show.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 9:09 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I watched Punkd once and I liked that show. I watch cribs sometimes though, but I don't watch MTV all that much to begin with. I prefer TechTV.
PostFri Jul 04, 2003 10:21 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Must we discuss MTV(Moron TV) here?

Since I don't share any of my 900 or so MP3s, I'm not worried about the RIAA. What I am more concerned about is the MPAA launching a similar crackdown.
PostSat Jul 05, 2003 12:05 pm
AnimePrime

Post subject:
What about the people that record music off of the radio and then give it to there friends? Or what about the people that loan their CD's or tapes to friend? The reason the RIAA doesn't bicth about that is because it is accepted as part of the teritory. I think what we need to do is when they sue the first person and it gets on the news people boycot buying cds for a month until they quite trying to sue inocent people.

"VIVA LA KAZA!!!
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 11:46 am
TylerL

Better Than You

Post subject:
Nowadays, if I don't find a song on the iTunes Music Store, I download it from KaZaA and whathaveyou.

I give the music companies a chance to let me legitimately buy their music online.

Foo Fighters refuses to have their music sold online song-by-song, so if I just want to get "This is a Call", I have to download it from KaZaA.
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 2:39 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I will admit that I have over 4 gigs of Mp3s, probably 3 of it ill-gottten. But I ask the question: does this hurt the music industry? From what I can tell, my music purchaces have only increased since I started downloading them. As Orson Scott Card recently pointed out: when the radio came out, the music industry freaked, until they realized thier sales were up hundreds of percent. While Kazaa isn't that profound, it's the same effect. They should eventually realize this and give up. As for prosecuting, they'll have to prove losses first. That, and most of the music I have is not from a major record label. Also, as Card pointed out, lobrary's don't discourage book sales, but increase them. before book stores made him stop, he posted every one of his novels online, dramatically increasing his book sales. While music isn't books (you can take a CD with burned mp3s anywhere, but you can't take a book everywhere, most consumers arre rather conscious and will buy the real thing, simply to support the artist. Look at Megatokyo and Nuklearpower.
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 5:49 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have a rather large MP3 collection, between myself and my brother. All of them, with one or two exceptions, came from Kazza. But what the recording industry needs to do is look long and hard at why people are willing to steal from them. God knows if they sued every single file swapper, the court battles could last decades. Maybe more.

Tyler inadvertaintly does have a point. Cheap, relaibelble pay services like iTunes can compete with criminals if they have the music. But if artists hold out, they'll only be shooting themselves.

So in the end, the RIAA is full of hot air (yet again).
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 12:40 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Scratch that--I checked. Less than half of my MP3 space is copyrighted without me having a legal copy.
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 1:48 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Time for another chat.

As a side affect of these new lawsuits, the RIAA is facing what buisness people like to call "The Hydra effect". In essence, it began back in 2000. Once the large head of Napster was cut off, two more took it's place, in the form of Morpheus, and LimeWire. Then Kazza, and Grokster. Now the new wave of hack-resistant programs are among us. How do you kill the hydra when the legal sword is useless? Find another weapon.
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 11:36 am
AnimePrime

Post subject:
Or use a torch to sear the heads before they grow. That torch will probably be a new law pushed by lobyists to make it a federal crime to download music. Of course we can always say we weren't warned. CD's don't have an F.B.I warning on the cases like they do on video tapes.
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 3:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, here we go...
Quote:
Music Industry Wins Approval of Subpoenas
Fri Jul 18, 6:48 PM ET

By TED BRIDIS, AP Technology Writer

WASHINGTON - The music industry has issued at least 871 federal subpoenas against computer users this month suspected of illegally sharing music files on the Internet, with roughly 75 new subpoenas being approved each day, U.S. court officials said Friday.

The effort represents early steps in the music industry's contentious plan to file civil lawsuits aimed at crippling online piracy.

Subpoenas reviewed by The Associated Press show the industry compelling some of the largest Internet providers, such as Verizon Communications Inc. and Comcast Cable Communications Inc., and some universities to provide names and mailing addresses for users on their networks known online by nicknames such as "fox3j," "soccerdog33," "clover77" or "indepunk74."

The Recording Industry Association of America has said it expects to file at least several hundred lawsuits seeking financial damages within the next eight weeks. U.S. copyright laws allow for damages of $750 to $150,000 for each song offered illegally on a person's computer, but the RIAA has said it would be open to settlement proposals from defendants.

The campaign comes just weeks after U.S. appeals court rulings requiring Internet providers to readily identify subscribers suspected of illegally sharing music and movie files. The 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits music companies to force Internet providers to turn over the names of suspected music pirates upon subpoena from any U.S. District Court clerk's office, without a judge's signature required.

In some cases, subpoenas cite as few as five songs as "representative recordings" of music files available for downloading from these users. The trade group for the largest music labels, the Washington-based RIAA, previously indicated its lawyers would target Internet users who offer substantial collections of MP3 song files but declined to say how many songs might qualify for a lawsuit.

"We would have to look at historic trends, but that is a very high number," said Alan Davidson of the Center for Democracy and Technology, a civil liberties group that has argued against the subpoenas. "It doesn't sound like they're just going after a few big fish."

Lots more at
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&ncid=528&e=5&u=/ap/20030718/ap_on_en_mu/downloading_music
PostMon Jul 21, 2003 2:10 am
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
I wonder if the money they're getting when they sue will be going to the recording artists. I highly doubt it. They're evil money grubbing bastards.
PostMon Jul 21, 2003 6:22 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
People, people... why waste so much time typing out these huge responces when i can sum it up like this:
"I'm right, they're wrong."
PostTue Jul 22, 2003 8:10 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: