нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Gaming Discussion
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Gaming Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
it was so horribly not a zelda game though. diidn't feel like zelda, didn't look like zelda, hell, didn't play like zelda. I'm not saying it was a bad game, just a bad zelda game.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 7:15 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
To me, it DID feel like Zelda. Only, updated. It's not logical to keep the same format as the NES version to use on the N64. It's not logical for quite a few reasons. Plus, it was damn fun. I beat it 3 times, and my brother beat it 5. For us, that's exceptional to get that much playtime out of one game.

Second, as for MM, the time limit thing was more annoying than anything else. But the Goron mask OWNED. The only thing wrong with Goron Rolling was that there weren't enough places to use it. Man, Goron rolling was much more fun than it logically should have been.

In my opinion, Mario changed more from SNES to N64 than any other franchise. And Starfox changed from a futuristic flight sim to half RPG between N64 and GC, why no nay sayers about that? The changes of Zelda and Metroid seemed logical. The feel of having to go from here to there to back here and then there again is still present in Metroid. As for Zelda, all of the main elements from the NES, SNES, and Gameboy versions are pretty much the same exept for the shape of the rooms of the dungeons. Yet the puzzles are still innovative as hell and bosses in any game are compared to the creativity of those in OoT.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 7:53 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Time limit in MM didn't borther me much. I mean if you were good enough you should have been able to finish whatever you were doing before time is up(with out get the fairies you would have alot more). But my favorite mask was...I can't remember it's name you could only wear it during a boss battle. The Goron mask was ok(that dog always attacked you and you got to use those cool bombs) and the Bunny hood was cool to...But I liked OoT better still...
PostWed Feb 19, 2003 8:17 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I love ocarina of time... I'm going to pick up my preorder disc today or tomorrow
I liked the demo in stores, it reminded me a lot of OoT. i never actually played MM though I wanted it. And I thought that all the games are good. It makes me want to thank the gods for shiggy
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Feb 20, 2003 1:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Violence, videogame and if the correlation the two may or may not have has been a topic of more than a bit of discussion in recent years. Today the issue comes up once again as, according to a story run by Medina County-based paper The Plain Dealer, on November 2nd one 17-year-old JoLynn Mishne was killed by her 16-year-old friend Dustin Lynch who was, “obsessed with Grand Theft Auto III.” The story states that Jack Thompson, who’s representing Mickey Mishne and that has previously sued videogame makers, is planning to sue Sony. However, Medina County Prosecutor Dean Holman said the inspiration for the murder didn’t matter and that the game’s no defense, stating it’s, “more ridiculous than the Twinkie defense.”

For reference, the “Twinkie defense” was suggested in another case by lawyers in which a gunman who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone had supposedly become mentally unbalanced due to junk food. The link above has more on the story.

PostFri Feb 21, 2003 8:43 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wasn't that who they based the Prison guy from Problem Child on?
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 9:02 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
DOWNLOAD THIS NOW BEFORE I KILL YOU!
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 9:44 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Very cool. I don't have a PS2 though. I think I will get one soon.

<plug>Anyway, I thought I'd take this time to plug my real life friend's site. He usually sells games for cheaper than normal, so I thought some of you might be interested in buying from him. He also sells anime stuff there. I buy stuff from him all the time, so you can trust him. He goes through paypal only I believe, but his cheapness is good for the poor gamer (like me). All of his stuff is brand new btw unless he's selling one of his own personally used games, but he'd tell you if he was.</plug>

And just so you know, this is in no way helping me, I just thought I'd post it to 'help a brotha out' .
PostFri Feb 21, 2003 11:30 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Maybe you guys can help me. I preordered my copy of Wind Waker back on the 16th, but I didn't get the bonus disc. Now i've heard people say that they threw down an extra 10$-15$ to get it then and there, but I didn't do that. The manager of the store said the bonus games come in at the same time as Wind Waker. So do you think I was screwed over or not?
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
You're supposed to get it the day you preorder, so maybe you should go back and talk to him.
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 10:56 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well I did reserve a copy at Blockbuster so i'll just have to wait until then. Oh and thanks for the link Zechs, now I get to watch a streamed video I can't download at a blazing 1 frame per second.
PostSat Feb 22, 2003 6:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Man. I just got .hacl//infection friday, and it is SW33T! I can barely keep my hands off the PS2 controller now.
PostSun Feb 23, 2003 10:43 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The International Game Developers Association will recognize legendary game developer Gunpei Yokoi at the third annual Game Developers Choice Awards ceremony next month. The late Yokoi will be awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for his many contributions to the game industry.

Yokoi was an innovator in both hardware and software, designing the Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket systems, the Game & Watch series of portable games, Virtual Boy, and the WonderSwan. He also came up with the idea for the cross-shaped directional pad that is used on virtually every game controller today.

In addition to designing a variety of gaming hardware, Yokoi was also the creator of Metroid and Kid Icarus. In doing so, he was the first developer to figure out how to program console games that could scroll both left and right, creating the opportunity for much more variety in game design.

He founded Koto Laboratory after leaving Nintendo, but was tragically killed in an automobile accident in 1997.

The Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented by last year's winner, Yuji Naka, on March 6 at the Game Developers Conference in San Jose, CA. Yokoi's family will accept the award on his behalf.

PostSun Feb 23, 2003 10:51 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rumors around the net these past few months have all pointed to the possible return of the Castlevania series. Today, as the largest gaming expo is just around the corner (that would be E3), Konami of America has officially announced that an all-new game in the series will be making its debut on the PlayStation 2 during Fall 2003. Being produced by Koji Igarashi at Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, the new game will once again set players in the gothic Transylvania as they battle vampires. The new game’s expected to be unveiled at E3 this year at Konami’s booth, #900 in the South Hall.

Note: I will be trying my damndest to be going to E3, I'll hopefully be walking out of there with some sweet sweet information.

PostMon Feb 24, 2003 2:42 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Rumors around the net these past few months have all pointed to the possible return of the Castlevania series. Today, as the largest gaming expo is just around the corner (that would be E3), Konami of America has officially announced that an all-new game in the series will be making its debut on the PlayStation 2 during Fall 2003. Being produced by Koji Igarashi at Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, the new game will once again set players in the gothic Transylvania as they battle vampires. The new game’s expected to be unveiled at E3 this year at Konami’s booth, #900 in the South Hall.

Note: I will be trying my damndest to be going to E3, I'll hopefully be walking out of there with some sweet sweet information.

I read an article about that. Two major things.

1. The game will have a brand new hero.

2. It may be a mix of 2D and 3D similar to Devil May Cry.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 3:36 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 21 of 57

Jump to: