нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Ghost In The Shell 2nd GIG
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Ghost In The Shell 2nd GIG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughingman

Post subject: Ghost In The Shell 2nd GIG
I recently saw the first few episodes and I have to say it's much better than the first series. For one thing all the episodes seem to be connected to the Particularist Eleven plot instead of abruptly stopping like the stand alone episodes, plus it gives sense of urgency and drama that was lacking until the end of the first series. All in all this is definitely the best GITS yet.

Have any of you seen the later episodes, does it have a better ending than the first?
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 6:26 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've seen the 1st 20 eps I think. But I can say that I liked the 1st series better. Not that the 2nd GiG is bad or anything
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 7:06 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Everything is better than Innocence. I'm glad I didn't really go out of my way to watch that move. Awful.
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 7:38 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
Hey, at least it looked good.
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 7:51 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Everything is better than Innocence. I'm glad I didn't really go out of my way to watch that move. Awful.

Thats funny considering I have the movie right next to me, it isn't that bad but Mamuro Oshii really needs to pick up the pacing if he plans to make another one, otherwise it does get reduced to eye candy. Confused
PostTue Aug 09, 2005 11:04 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Thanks for the information. I was totally unaware of this until i read your post.

Speaking of Innocence: I have a copy of it too, and it deserves two big "WTFs"
PostWed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Ixidor wrote:
Thanks for the information. I was totally unaware of this until i read your post.

Speaking of Innocence: I have a copy of it too, and it deserves two big "WTFs"

Your welcome, and yeah the ending is whacked. I mean ghost dubbing wasn't this supposed to be impossible, the first movie indicated that only the puppetmaster and Motoko succeded in moving a soul and that was by merging together. Now were supposed to believe that this process is used to mass produce lovedolls without the convergence of artificial ghosts?
PostWed Aug 10, 2005 1:21 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Perhaps the other big secret about the love dolls is that they had artificial ghosts?
Perhaps they only said it was impossible because of the damage it does to the girls.
Also, it seems like it wasn't a true dubbing at all, but more of a two-way broadcast between the girls' brains and the dolls, which is why the girls seemed to experience everything the dolls did.
PostWed Aug 10, 2005 2:12 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
That makes sense now that I think about it. But there was one scene that make one ounce of sense and that was the huge celebration scene, which is also supposed to be costliest scene in the movie since it took an entire year to make. I t has something to do with dolls other than that it seems lik a waste to me.
PostWed Aug 10, 2005 8:14 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Well... If you took a year to make an Entire scene, Wouldnt you want to put it in the movie?

Something that confused me about that scene though, Is that the Laughing Man is shown in this scene, and yet it has nothing to do with the series.
PostWed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:

You should know me better than to make a statement like that.

I must say the most painful part GitS I've seen was the preview at ACen for 2nd Gig. The Production RAWs for the subtitled version for eps 2-4 were pretty painful, if you ask me.
PostFri Aug 12, 2005 8:41 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
They're not that bad. Any way how does Stand-Alone Complex apply to the Particularist Eleven, is it like Lughing Man case where random eleven people have taken up the same cause without any previous instances of anyone taking up any of these ideals.
PostFri Aug 12, 2005 3:17 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I haven't seen 2nd Gig yet, but I have my own theory on how the Individual Eleven(or whatever they're called) will factor into the plot. Instead of popping up every few episodes(like the Laughing Man arc in SAC), I think each episode will be directly related to at least one facet of the Individual Eleven. It looks like the Individual Eleven will provide a unique challenge to Section 9 through the sheer complexity of their motives.
PostMon Aug 22, 2005 11:56 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Gundam0084 wrote:
I haven't seen 2nd Gig yet, but I have my own theory on how the Individual Eleven(or whatever they're called) will factor into the plot. Instead of popping up every few episodes(like the Laughing Man arc in SAC), I think each episode will be directly related to at least one facet of the Individual Eleven. It looks like the Individual Eleven will provide a unique challenge to Section 9 through the sheer complexity of their motives.

So far it seems like the Eleven are part of a large conspiracy since their actions seem to be advancing the governments secret agendas. Meanwhile Section 9 is being dragged around like a dog doing the government's bidding and being hindered from launchin any investigation on the Individual Eleven.
PostTue Aug 23, 2005 9:26 pm
SomeoneYouKnew

Post subject:
Do you people know nothing of the Particularist Eleven?

I'd tell you but that would spoil the plot now wouldn't it...
PostTue Aug 30, 2005 6:33 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: