нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - WhtHawk's AMV OTW
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
WhtHawk's AMV OTW
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject: WhtHawk's AMV OTW
This is where I tell everyone about the AMV I picked this week. I'll be changing the AMV's about once a week. Right now, it looks like every Monday. The AMV's of the week are influenced by my taste in AMV's and then requests. Feel free to PM me with any particular requests. You can also discuss the weeks selection here, if you feel so inclined.
Now the What you've all been waiting for...

This Week's AMV:

Title: Obligatory EVA Trailer
Editor(s): VegettoEX & Meri
Audio: Sealab 2021 "Tinfins" Original Trailer Audio
Anime(s): Neon Genisis Evangelion

It's a hilarious little parody trailer that won a few awards. If you like Sealab and/or Eva, this is a must see.

Right Click, save as, enjoy.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 6:20 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Mine's floating around somewhere on Kazaa, I think...and it's either the best or worst idea for an AMV ever devised to bedevil the days of man.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 8:17 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wasn't it a character profile of Aisha Clan-Clan to "Jump Around"?
*shudders*
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 2:45 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
What's its name?
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 8:08 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
No, but I think I saw that, and it was pretty good...

It was a full episode of Trigun put to music...you'ld know it if you saw it.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 4:22 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
maybe you should use the AMV from zoidsdestiny.com That is probably the best AMV that I Have ever seen. it uses "Lying Away From You" - Linkin Park but the bad thing is that it is 8.6 mb, the quality is AMAZING. well anyway, if u want to use it, you might have to ask the owner of the site, because it is not mine, here is his email: hippster@gmail.com
PostSat Sep 18, 2004 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
the bad thing is that it is 8.6 mb, the quality is AMAZING.

damn that's tiny, I wonder what their codec settings were, I sure could use em.
PostSat Sep 18, 2004 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:
maybe you should use the AMV from zoidsdestiny.com That is probably the best AMV that I Have ever seen. it uses "Lying Away From You" - Linkin Park but the bad thing is that it is 8.6 mb, the quality is AMAZING. well anyway, if u want to use it, you might have to ask the owner of the site, because it is not mine, here is his email: hippster@gmail.com

Shocked
Let me say that again...
Shocked

I download that video... And let me write a small review on it.

Scale of 1-5, 5 being best, 1 the worst.

Timing 3.
The timing was decent at best, noting special, nothing clever. Just a direct cut to the next scene when ever the music went thud or had a beat.

Does the video make sense factor. 1
All this video was is a bunch of cuts of fight scenes from the zoid series. It didnt have a thing to do with the song. Well, except angsty teens that are always depressed, wait.. Thats Eva. I guess I got distracted by my thoughts while the video was playing. Couldnt keep my attention.

Quality 3
Not bad, Not good. Nuff said. Impressed that it didnt look crap at 8.6 megs.

Sound 1
The quality of the music was horrid, This has no basis on the song itself, just the quality of it.

Orginality 1
Like cuts of fight scenes are orginal...

Effects 1
Cut... Cut... Cut... Cut... Nothing else

Effort 2
I saw effort... Just not enough to save this video

Grr... Stupid link rule... I say go to a site that starts with www. and ends with animemusicvideos.org and sign up...
PostSat Sep 18, 2004 5:31 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
I think that you gave that amv a score that is too low, show me one amv that you are going to give a high score to
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm almost forced to thing that Ixdor's rating might be a bit too high (timing), in some areas but too low in others (transisions), so I'd say its a good overall rating. Most AMV's use strait cuts, but they fit the music/plot better so they arn't as noticible. The timing is probably a little generous in my opinnion but that's because of my background in digital video, and over all AMV-geekdom. For example, the first transition from the Dark Judge to bit (about 6 frames too late or 20 frames too early); then to Liger Juager (12 frames too early), they're close to the music but not on sync.

I'm conviced that that video was made in WMM. Not that that's all bad, but it's just that the technical details just weren't in that video. If you need proof, you can look at the video specs: 320x240, 32000Hz - 16bit - Stereo, and the biggest tale tale, it's 30.00fps.

Overall, this tells me that they didn't have a concept and/or bother to see what their editing software was capable of doing with clips. Even a tool as primitive as WMM will let you change the size of the clips it generates. WMM is a powerful tool for anyone who really wants to start working with it.

I'll tell you what. Ixdor and I will get togather and pick a new video for next week. One that "...you [ixdor] are going to give a high score to "

Ixidor, I PM'd you. Find me on AIM or PM sometime soon please.
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 12:31 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I actaully HAVE seen a good Linkin Park video. I downloaded it back when I was into both Linkin Park and DBZ. Check out Neogohan's Cure for the Itch video for DBZ. I still like that video, and it's the best Linkin Park AMV I've seen, hands down.

Ixidor, I'd like you to rate it. You can get it off of animemusicvideos.org. That would give me an idea of your quality scale. When I first saw it 3 years ago I thought it was the shit. Now I just think it's good/the best Linkin Park AMV out there.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 1:43 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd say NeoGohan is one of the best Linkin Ball Z creators out there. I have nearly all of his work, just in bad codecs, from when he hosted it on his webspace. I'll share if I find non-RM codec versions.

Personally, I think his/the best Linkin Ball Z is NeoGohan's Forgotten.
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 1:54 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's that time of the week; Introducing a video selection made in coloarboration with Bono and Ixidor.

This Week's AMV:

Title: Eva Potential
Stuido: Shonen Productions
Editor(s): ShonenDizzyCrow
Audio: Antonio Banderas - The Lady's got Potential
Anime(s): Neon Genisis Evangelion

This is a genious video that takes many watchings to appreciate the ammount of work that went into the production of this amazing AMV. Most of the edits are strait cuts, but don't overlook the complexity of the edits as many are not obvious. How many can you spot?

Since this video is very lyric based, the song's lyrics follow:

In June of forty-three there was a military coup
Behind it was a gang called the G.O.U.
Who did not feel the need to be elected.

They had themselves a party at the point of a gun
They were slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun
A bomb or two and very few objected

Yeah, just one shell and governments fall like flies, Kapow, die
They stumble and fall, bye-bye
Backs to the wall, Aim high, we're having a ball
The tank and bullet rule as democracy dies

The lady's got potential, she was setting her sights
On making it in movies with her name in lights
The greatest social climber since Cinderella

OK, she couldn't act but she had the right friends
And we all know a career depends
On knowing the right fella to be stellar

Yeah, just one shell and governments lose their nerve, Kapow, die
Backs to the wall, Aim high, we're having a ball
That's how we get the government we deserve

Now the man behind the President calling the shots
Involved so discreetly in a lot of their plots
Was Colonel Juan Peron, would be dictator

He began in the army out in Italy so
Saw Mussolini's rise from the very front row
I reckon he'd do likewise sooner or later

Yeah, just one blast and the tear gas falls like rain, Kapow, die
They haven't a chance, bye-bye
The terrorists advance, but one guy doesn't dirty his hands
Peron was biding time out in the slow lane

Yeah, suddenly an earthquake hit the town of San Juan, Kapow, die
Keep away from the wall, but one guy was having a ball
The tragedy, a Golden chance for Peron

He organized a concert with incredible flair
In aid of all the victims, such a grand affair
Politicians, actors, stars of every flavor

It was January twenty-second, 1944
A night to remember, yeah, that's for sure
For that's the night that Peron first met Eva
For that's the night that Peron first met Eva!

PostMon Sep 20, 2004 12:18 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just wondering, have you seen Kusoyaro's "It's Oh So Wrong", or Studio SARS "Last Love Song"? Basically, a couple AMV creators challenged each other to make a happy/funny AMV to SaiKano. I think they turned out rather well.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 8:34 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
wait, is that an amv to a song from Evita?
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 1:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: