нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Pilot Candidate
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Pilot Candidate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkstone

Post subject: Pilot Candidate
Has anyone seen Pilot Candidate (aka Candidate for Goddess) back when it was on Adult Swim? Back in the times when Adult Swim was only on Saturdays and Inuyasha fangirls did not exist.

Now some Spoliers.

The ending..... sucked badly. Just when it seemed that the plot was going to make a damned good upswing, it ended. And in all honesty, the ending was a cop out.

Now an OVA was made, when I found it animesuki a while ago, I was like a pig in shit. I was happy. I downloaded it and I watched it.

I was disappointed with it. It told the past of the pilot who died a few episodes before. I was expecting some sort of closure and was disappointed.

I really enjoyed the series but this kind of ruined it for me.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 10:25 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
The problem with Candidate for Goddess is the same problem that Trigun has - namely, they only animated a portion of the manga, so the story pretty much hits a large brick wall. I would advise going and buying the CfG manga, which goes on (the next portion is the competition to become First Cadet.)

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 1:22 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject: Re: Pilot Candidate
Darkstone wrote:
Has anyone seen Pilot Candidate (aka Candidate for Goddess) back when it was on Adult Swim? Back in the times when Adult Swim was only on Saturdays and Inuyasha fangirls did not exist.

Now some Spoliers.

The ending..... sucked badly. Just when it seemed that the plot was going to make a damned good upswing, it ended. And in all honesty, the ending was a cop out.

Now an OVA was made, when I found it animesuki a while ago, I was like a pig in shit. I was happy. I downloaded it and I watched it.

I was disappointed with it. It told the past of the pilot who died a few episodes before. I was expecting some sort of closure and was disappointed.

I really enjoyed the series but this kind of ruined it for me.

And your point is?
It was on AS/Toomami 3-4 years ago, I stayed up to watch it because it had fanservice(and a somewhat decent story). Don't come here bitching about your disappointment with a series that aired half of the episodes(How many where made, it seemed like they only showed half) in a late night slow used as filler for the slow before the AS/Toonami rerun of the block.

</rant>
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 1:24 pm
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
only 13 where made so it would seem like they only aired half the series.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 2:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Ixidor wrote:
(How many where made, it seemed like they only showed half)

Actually, they aired all the episodes. The series was a big disappointment (even in Japan), so it was cancelled quickly.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 7:20 pm
Darkstone

Ixidor wrote:

Don't come here bitching about your disappointment with a series that aired half of the episodes(How many where made, it seemed like they only showed half) in a late night slow used as filler for the slow before the AS/Toonami rerun of the block.

</rant>

Well I would bitch on a livejournal but that seems so unoriginal.
PostFri Jul 01, 2005 10:33 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Darkstone should of wrote about what Ixidor wrote:
Ixidor wrote:

Don't come here bitching about your disappointment with a series that aired half of the episodes(How many where made, it seemed like they only showed half) in a late night slow used as filler for the slow before the AS/Toonami rerun of the block.

</rant>

I should take a stab at this guy... I mean, I'm the one who created the pointless thread about a craptastic show on the wrong forum.

BTW: I am a profound oppenent against any form of the Blogosphere. It's just so retarded.
PostSat Jul 02, 2005 11:39 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Posting your oppinions here is a form of blogging. It just requires more feedback, is all. So, Ixidor, by posting any opinions here, that's semi-blogging. How does that make you feel?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Jul 02, 2005 1:19 pm
Darkstone

Ixidor wrote:
Ixidor wrote:

</rant>

I should take a stab at this guy... I mean, I'm the one who created the pointless thread about a craptastic show on the wrong forum.

BTW: I am a profound oppenent against any form of the Blogosphere. It's just so retarded.

Look, I created a thread in the Adult Swim forum about a show that was on Adult Swim. I wrote what I thought about the show. If you don't like what I posted or you are against the opinion I posted then don't look at the thread.

Simple as that.
PostSat Jul 02, 2005 4:38 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Darkstone wrote:
Ixidor wrote:
Ixidor wrote:

</rant>

Look, I created a thread in the Adult Swim forum about a show that was on Adult Swim. I wrote what I thought about the show. If you don't like what I posted or you are against the opinion I posted then don't look at the thread.

Simple as that.

It was aired on Toonami and not Adult Swim. Adult Swim was still reserved for the weekdays for showing ATHF,Sealab, and other suck such as Harvey Birdman.

and.
counterparadox wrote:
Posting your oppinions here is a form of blogging. It just requires more feedback, is all. So, Ixidor, by posting any opinions here, that's semi-blogging. How does that make you feel?

Makes in want to drown my sorrow in a pie...[/quote]
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 7:03 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Ixidor wrote:
It was aired on Toonami and not Adult Swim. Adult Swim was still reserved for the weekdays for showing ATHF,Sealab, and other suck such as Harvey Birdman.

Pilot Candidate aired on the original Adult Swim Action Saturday. This was back before Adult Swim was on weeknights.

http://asfdotcom.net/download/pc.php

Pilot Candidate never aired on Toonami in the US, even though that's where it should have went.
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
i remember [as] being on thursday nights of the same week, thursday being more comedy, and saturday being more action.
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 8:04 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Beefy wrote:
Ixidor wrote:

Pilot Candidate aired on the original Adult Swim Action Saturday. This was back before Adult Swim was on weeknights.

http://asfdotcom.net/download/pc.php

Pilot Candidate never aired on Toonami in the US, even though that's where it should have went.

I admit defeat. Even though I still disagree with that.
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 12:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: