нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Big O?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Big O?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inu-Yahsa

Post subject: Big O?
I was just wondering if anyone has seen all the episodes or has some info about the 'city that lost it's memory 40 years ago', the negotiator aka Roger Smith, Dorthy R. (forgot last name); and the Big O.I'm kinda lost.

I mostly want to know how the city lost it's memory? How Roger Smith got Big O? What's with all the Megados(sp?)? (There are three right: the red one, black (Big O), and a yellow or white one I forget.) What's Dorthy's purpose and besides the fact that her big sis. is a meagdos(sp?), what else was she designed to do. (Is she really the memory or something like that.)[
PostWed Jun 02, 2004 10:48 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oooh, this one would be great for Fodder to cover and did you mean to mispell Yasha in your name?
PostThu Jun 03, 2004 3:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I also recommend perusing our original Big O discussion thread, if you don't mind spoilers. Wink
PostThu Jun 03, 2004 5:03 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
it also seems like you have yet to see Big O II, it may answer some questions.
PostThu Jun 03, 2004 9:18 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok so im the designated Big O guy? Well then its SHOW TIME

Lets go with a short version to help out here

***********SPOILERS AND MORE SPOILERS AND SPOILERS**********

Quote:
I mostly want to know how the city lost it's memory? How Roger Smith got Big O? What's with all the Megados(sp?)? (There are three right: the red one, black (Big O), and a yellow or white one I forget.) What's Dorthy's purpose and besides the fact that her big sis. is a meagdos(sp?), what else was she designed to do. (Is she really the memory or something like that.)[

Ok you havent seen Big O season II to ask the first question. And heres the big spoiler ready? They never had them. Ever see the movie Truman? If not. Look up its premise. Thats the answer

Roger got Big O.. well ok this ones a little odd. Best short answer he was its orignal pilot. Well the clone before him was... or was it the clone before him? Well again all answered in its own special way in season 2. But dont expect a straight answer. Season II doesnt give it on this. Best guess the original him was its pilot.

The Big's. Big O, Big Duo, and Big Fau. Theres actually a fourth but unless you have seen the last episode of season 2. It would be a painful spoiler. Theres also a fifth that was introduced during season 1. That would be the proto-big as it was actually called. (well my brain says that at least)

R. Dorothy Wainright. The R standing for Robot Dorothy Wainright is a walking memory. She has the memories of her creator in her. And she can control megadeuses of various types. Dorothy 1, the big one, wasnt really a Big just a large mecha. I know confusing. But by the way the show does things. There are 5 bigs, see above, and they are for the most part invulnerable to anything but each other. Dorothy 1 wasnt invulnable and was easily defeated twice.

Season 2 goes more into what a memory is. Again if you want a short answer it will be all spoilers. .... if your still here its what the people remember before the next reboot and the entire thing is started over again.

Anything else I can answer?
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 8:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inu-Yahsa

Post subject:
I'm glad you asked. I do have a few more questions but just this one for now. If the city never had a memory how did it just start to thrive? How did people start living thier lives? How did they now what to do with out memory?

You can spoil anything. I want to know it all.
PostSun Jun 06, 2004 12:08 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
**********SPOILERS AGAIN*******

Yeah i know i didnt need to state that in a thread like this. But its something i usually do for those interestinged in a series but not wanting it ruined.

Quote:
If the city never had a memory how did it just start to thrive? How did people start living thier lives? How did they now what to do with out memory

According to the last several episodes of Big O season 2. Heres what it is. The town is actually a TV program thats being filmed. But really thats just part of a larger computer program running everything. And that the "Memories" are those characters with visions of past version of this program.
PostSun Jun 06, 2004 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSun Jun 06, 2004 8:12 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
*A Letter to Nobuyuki, authored by Rycel*

Dear Nobu,

Dude, why do you have to be so cool all the time? Already do you have the wit of a mongoose and the encyclopedic knowledge of an encyclopedia, and still you insist on amazing me. The words "funny," "humorous," "ribald," funny," "lol," and, yes, even "rofl" come to mind when one is forced to describe you in one word. Not two, or three, or between 1000 and 1500 words detailing the decline of air quality in a post-industrial civilization. And yet you still amaze this one.

Presently, you have quoted the play "As You Like It" by William Jefferson Patrick Philbot Hymen Shakespeare (esq.) in reference to the animated television serial "The Big O." This has further advanced your status in the opinion of this one. Congratulations, you have achieved the rank of Quixotic Donkey Master of the Triiodothyronine (next level at 50,000 EXP). It is at this time that I am hereby authorized by the UN, CDC, PPMD, EKG, TREE, and CSPCAKA that your present level of "coolness" is in direct violation of the SALT II treaty under the measurement of the Pyrrhic Scale.

Therefore, I am forced to inform you that the power of your wit is a threat to world peace and not to use it again before filing an authorization request through the IUWB intriplicate, recieving authorization from at least 85% of the International Mileu (excluding Borneo and Luxemburg), and presenting authorization AX-77324B: "Higher Than Jesus" at time of preparation of use of the weapon. All collateral damage inflicted is to be compensated by yourself with the gift of Pez and two recited peoms authored by Maya Angelou to any and all families demanding restitution. Failure to comply with this order will result in another warning letter, but written entirely in capitals and accompanied by a series of threatening emoticons (e.g. Surprised , Shocked , Cool , Embarassed , Rolling Eyes , Arrow , Crying or Very sad , Arrow ).

We hope to have your cooperation in the future. Effective immediately, your charisma has been classified and placed on lockdown in Hoboken, NJ. Any attempts to visit your charisma will be met with threats of torture by Special Agent Paul Reubens. Have a nice day.

*End Trnasmission/Ende Getriebe/Transmissão da Extremidade*
PostMon Jun 07, 2004 12:08 am
stFalcon

Post subject:
I thought it was SPOILERSPOILERnewyorkcitySPOILERSPOILER.
PostSat Aug 28, 2004 10:11 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Creator said it's just a city. Not a specific city, just a city. A conglomerate of aspects from various cities worldwide. So no, it's not Ney York. It's just City. Might as well be Townsville, truthfully.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Aug 29, 2004 1:02 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Next time somebody asks for a show to be explained to htem, let's just make shit up. Granted, I didn't get the show either, so it wasn't a stupid question, really...but it'd still be funny.
PostSun Aug 29, 2004 5:37 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, it'd be needlessly mean. Big O is a confusing show and there are a myriad of takes on it because the creators didn't do it the way they should have. Bitches.

PostSun Aug 29, 2004 7:48 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
No, it'd be needlessly mean. Big O is a confusing show and there are a myriad of takes on it because the creators didn't do it the way they should have. Bitches.
Kinda like a Rorschach test?
PostSun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, like a Rorschach without the Night Owl . . .

PostSun Aug 29, 2004 10:07 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: