нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Evangelion rebirth
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Evangelion rebirth
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughingman

Post subject: Evangelion rebirth
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6949

I have to ask, does it really seem like a good idea to put this on CN after the whole giant robot fiasco. Granted that the event mismanaged to beging with it still seems to me that this still runs the risk of boring it's viewers silly.

I happen to like evangelion, but the amount of violent and religeous content is enough to make FCC burst into LCL. How can they hope to air this without being shut down on the ground of blasphemy, it seems like a very big gamble considering state of mnd of the general public.

That being said I would laugh out loud if this turns out to be the CN's next Family Guy. Laughing
PostMon Jul 04, 2005 11:44 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
As much as I like Evangelion, if it gets edited down to TV-Y7, I don't see it working.

Here's hoping for TV-PG minimum.

With all the new shows going to Toonami, I don't see room for Eva on the block.

Adult Swim: maybe.

Pre-Adult Swim (like near DBZ uncut or Gundam SEED's timeslots): more likely.

Maybe CN will finally get rid of .hack//Legend.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 12:03 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Laughingman

Post subject:
Quote:
Although no air date has yet been decided, Adult Swim will, in the near future, air the classic anime show Neon Genesis Evangelion. NGE is the story of Shinji Ikari, a teenage boy recruited by his estranged father to pilot the giant Evangelion Unit-01 to defend the earth against a horde of monsterous, invading alien creatures known as the Angels. A unique mix of exceptional battle scenes, religious symbolism, psychological storytelling and teenage angst, Neon Genesis Evangelion has been referred to by many as one of the greatest anime shows ever made.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15651&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=75

Well I guess it's headed toward AS so it probably won't get hacked to death. But after Paranoia Agent the execs will be bit more cautios with
thought provoking shows, but Eva's rep as the grandaddy of all mecha anime might cut it some slack.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 12:13 am
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
with it being on [as] they wont have to edit the language or a lot of the battles so im pretty happy that its going to [as]
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 12:19 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
I less worried about edits, and more about the appeal of the show. While it does have fast paced action some people might not stick around till the second episode, and the last 2 episodes of the series are almost incoherent, the creator had gotten death threats over those and thats why 2 movies were created to replace them.

I wonder how well the Eva otakus are taking this? it can't be much worse than the Naruto fans.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 12:26 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
We got confirmation from SwimBuddha that it's going to the Swim.

It's time to move it on up... Wink
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 2:06 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well, holy dancing jesus on a pogo stick. Isn't this something we've been collectively bitching CN to do for god knows how many years. If you look back into our old "wishlist schedules" for Toonami or AS you'd realize just how true they turned out to be.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 3:12 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
We got confirmation from SwimBuddha that it's going to the Swim.

It's time to move it on up... Wink

Agreed.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughing Man, I disagree.

NGE has smooth, almost current lookin animation. Thus its look will not drive anyone away. The reason I didn't like Lupin III was the old look of the animation. But you keep pondering about how NGE will not be good or well recieved.

Point the First: Big O. Big O was so liked that Cartoon Network HAD A SECOND SEASON MADE. This measn A) People like big robots, and B) People don't mind confusing shows.

Point the Second: Because it will be on late at night, there isn't too much the FCC can do. Comedy Central gets away with saying Fuck as much as they want if it's after 1 in the morning. Cartoon Network can't do this because it has kids watching most of the time. But they can do more than you think. The edits on Adult Swim are elegant and all necissary for them to avoid complaints. But plot hasn't been changed, what, ever on Adult Swim? At least not in a very, very long time. That's at the LEAST.

Point the Third: You say that after Paranoia Agent, people won't want another thought provoking show. Bullshit. If anything, the people that liked Paranoia Agent will stick around for NGE. The people that liked Big O will come back for NGE. That's two audiences you have right there.

My point? Don't predict how it will do until it airs. Although, with a show like NGE, where all I hear from ANYONE that knows anime is "...you like anmie and you havne't seen Neon Genisis Evangelion? WTF????". I am gaurenteeing that it will do WONDERFULLY on Adult Swim.

So don't be pessimistic unless you wnat to be dumb.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 5:04 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
NGE will wonderfully on Adult Swim. A story with a deep plot will appease that crowd. It has giant mechs which will appease that crowd (and yes lets not get to deeply into that statement to ruin it for the first time Neon watchers).

Its got some decent animation that doesnt look dated. It has good voice acting. Being on AS means it wont get killed by edits about the religion aspect of it.

Its the best of all worlds really. It will grab the Trigun and Bebop audiences. As long as they dont get to annoyed by the constant sound of crickets in the background.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 6:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aioros_Gold_knight

Post subject:
Are they only showing the movie rebirth, because without the series or the other movie deat, many people wont get the ideas or the plot of rebirth unless they have seen the series.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 6:35 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
None of the movies are currently planned to air on [as].

...Yes, I know the topic title's confusing... Wink
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 6:50 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Here's a thought, will they be airing the original american DVD release or the remastered Platinum release?
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 8:42 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
I half wonder if they plan of re-dubbing the whole series. The original dub is just so terrible that I'd would personally be ashamed to be Williams Street airing those awful voice-overs.
Remember back when Adult Swim was originally created and there was talk of maybe even airing subbed anime? Perhaps this is the time.
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 9:00 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey don't diss that dub. It's pretty damn good for it's time and probably the most well researched and planned dub ever done before anime became popular.

Oh btw, I hate you for making me join the AS boards. For after I read the posted article I ventured out into the abyss and found a stupidity I felt responsible to correct and recieved only idiocy in return.

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=3&message.id=378196#M378196
PostTue Jul 05, 2005 9:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: