нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Back From japan!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Back From japan!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject: Back From japan!
Twisted Evil Did you miss me?
rednekbob9: you're automatically a perfect match
rednekbob9: run like hell
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 6:29 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
:glomps Dill: I missed you! ^_^

Welcome back!

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 10:05 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I missed you too!

The reason you have not told us about your trip would be . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 11:47 am
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
counterparadox wrote:
I missed you too!

I don't know.

And did you have to buy a seperate piece of luggage to haul the lewt home? If not, you didn't do it properly.
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 2:14 pm
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:
Thats great. Welcome back!
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 2:25 pm
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
We brought two extra suitcases XD
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 3:00 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
DILL! Haven't seen you in such a long time! *big hug* lol Very Happy
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 3:48 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Come on Dill, tell us all about the cool swag you brought back with you.
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 5:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Force-Attuned_Krogoth wrote:
counterparadox wrote:
I missed you too!

I don't know.

And did you have to buy a seperate piece of luggage to haul the lewt home? If not, you didn't do it properly.

I MEANT, she has not yet told us about the events of the trip. I knew she was gone. I'm just wondering when the anecdotes and such will come.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Aug 05, 2004 6:28 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:

I want lewt for me!
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 1:24 am
Ixidor

Veteran

Post subject:

I want swag for me!
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 1:25 am
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pics!

...Actually, I should get my Japan pics from April up as well... But still.. We want Dill's pics! They'll be better!
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 2:15 am
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM?! As in...2001 TDA board ROBRAM? As in, dissapeared in last board wipe member? Coolies *glomp* A pic of the view out of my hotel room:

I'll copy and paste all I've written about Japan so far in my journal:

First, a list of what I brought:

Girls Zappy magazine
Vivi magazine
Zappy magazine
Morning Musume 5th Anniversary 98-03 Photobook
Mini Moni colouring box incl. notepad, crayons, stickers and colouring sheet ^^;;
KOKIA - so much love for you single
KOKIA - ai no rinkaku single
Maaya Sakamoto - Hotchopotch album
Final Fantasy X-2 - music from... single
Maki Goto - Making Gold 1 album
Ayumi Hamasaki - A SONG FOR XX album
OLIVIA - synchronicity album
Yuko N., Miki F. and Maki G. - FOLK SONGS 3 album
Morning Musume - 2nd Morning album first press
Country Musume - Shining Itoshiki Anata single first press
TWO-MIX - BPM Best Files album w/ sticker
Yoko Kanno - tokyo.sora OST album
I've Girls Compilation - disintergration album
I've Girls Compilation - Lament album
Yoko Kanno - Cowboy Bebop BLUE album
Morning Musume sticker set
Ayumi Hamasaki black 'A' sticker
Ayumi Hamasaki official/from the real tour 2000 Concert Tour large sticker
FREE: UTADA exodus album promo sticker
FREE: camera promo material for Ayu's LUMIX and Matsuura Aya's EPSON promotion

From the Official Hello! Project shop:
Morning Musume Otome Gumi poster
Hello! Project random badge - Asami Kimura from Country Musume
W double-U trading card set (4 cards)
Mini Moni JANKENPYON trading card
Miki Fujimoto Momusu-Otome trading card
Maki Goto Yokohama trading card
FREE: 1 Tsuji Nozomi and 1 Kago Ai trading cards

I was so surprised at the BOOK-OFF to find not only a first press Morning Musume second album (comes in slip case with mini photo booklet) but the TWO-MIX album to come in such good condition! For only 350 Yen! It had all the original pieces of packaging/leaflets as well as the original sticker 0_o I picked up a lot there for a really cheap price ^_^ but...I brought a lot ^^;;;;;;

If only SOMEONE had told me about how the system at the H!P shop works, bloody hell if THAT isn't the most difficult thing ever I don't know what is! Especially for a girl who's reading Japaneseis limited! I had no idea what to do for a minute. You go in and all the stuff is behind class panals on the wall with numbers by them, nothing out to touch or anything 0_o so for a moment I stood there wondering what todo before my sister pointed out (my whole family were there ^^ ) that all the people were looking at the numbers and filling in a sheet. So we found the sheet (which was all in japanese) and spent another half an hour searching for numbers and me asking the other people in the shop if such and such kanji meant 'Maki Goto' or something. And THEN when I got to the front of the queue the sheet had missing pieces because I hadn't understood the forms instructions and there were places to total your items and put your name. So the poor guy at the counter with no english skills whow as SO CUTE trying to help me out when neither of us spoke the others language enough to sort out the stupid form! And then it threw me off when they took it all away and gave me nothing. I relised you had to go and stand at the side so they could get out all the photos, call your name and give you the stuff.

Why does no one warn you about these things? -_-' Sooooo difficult.

Anyway! Where to start on Japan 0_o The plane I suppose: oh yes, I hate planes. I had a cold too and didn't realise you're not supposed to travel on planes with colds as the pressure completely kills you, I spent the first two days in japan deaf in my right ear as it never popped. And 11 hours...bleh. Worst part of the whole trip is the plane, I can't understand why I get so scared when I'm onthem, my family always tell me off for being stupid but I don't know why I am scared on them, they are WAY more safe than cars to travel in.

got to Tokyo and arrived at the hotel and got some lunch: first spoke Japanese to order food and they said it was good ^^;;; I was so happy to know I could use my Japanese to help my family! It worked well through the holiday until they thought I could speak it well and I couldn't understand their replies XD

Oh yeah! My japanese class has it's picture in a Japanese magazine! My teacher was featuredon an article of teaching Japanese overseas and our picture is in it! I look awful but oh well! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

We stayed in Shinjuku in a 39 floored hotel ^^;;; but we didn't feel any earthquakes, not even small ones for the whole holiday so that was great. I love Shinjuku! Definately one of my favourite parts of Tokyo, it's like...all you expect of Tokyo crammed into one area ^_^ we ate there every night! So many restaurants! It was always busy too. I think I liked the nights better in tokyo, it was cooler and more to see and it was busy as well. A good vibe.

Everyone always goes on about vending machines too but we only saw drinks and ice cream and ciggy vending machines, nothing else at all 0_o I thought people said they found everything in vending machines...? Brought an Inu Yasha phone card and phoned marino several times and my Japanese teacher also, much fun. I did get to see Marino in Kyoto but more on that later.

I WAS IN A 50 METRE RADIUS OF L'ARC~EN~CIEL! If this was one way to end a holiday then I'd pick no other!!!!

Anyhow! 3rd of August (Tuesday) I was coming on the train to Narita airport from staying in Kyoto and coming through Tokyo and we had to come through the arrivals lobby because for some reason the Narita express train arrives there.

We got out through to where all the pick up buses and cars were and were standing around on the middle bay between where buses come in opposite the cars all lined up to take people away. These two guys (one tall and one short in a bandana with black hair poking out the top who was smoking and only the bandana man is the one I'm interested in) bumped past my mum, quite rudely, anyway we sorta were standing there and this group of girls next to us suddenly began pointing at the men as they crossed the bays to the cars just next to us.

I didn't pay attention until I noticed a couple of them were crying too so me, my mum and my sister all stopped by the crossing and stared at these two guys walking away down the aisles of cars too. So we were staring and these girls were pointing. My mum kept telling me to ask who they were poitning at but my japanese is crap so I didn't, I just stared as they walked away. And this airport lady, dunno what she was but she had a uniform and a hat and everything and was quite middle aged was nearby, my dad came and tried to hurry us and eventually as we were so nosy asked the lady what the girls were so excited/hysterical over. Here's the convo:

dad: who did they see?
her: a rock band person
dad: a famous person?
her: japanese band
me: *catching on to something* who?
her: larc*mumble*

I stopped dead at this point and went 'larc en ciel?' and she nodded and said 'yes yes' and I said 'I LOVE LARC EN CIEL!' well...not loudly, and turned around and stared after where I had seen the guys, the lady came up behind me and said 'first white car' and pointed and said 'white mercedes benz' and I stared at this white car. My parents tried to get me to walk over but for some reason I kept saying 'no, no, no it's ok' (something I've been kicking myself for!) and went off. While we were waiting for the bus a trio of dark windows-mercedes benzs drove past I waved feebly but for nothing....

I mean! Wow! My brush with fame I didn't even know who had the bandana so I can't even say who it was...all I can say is 'a member of laruku banged into my mum and I saw their car' and stupid me didn't go after them and see! Now after reading concert reports I'm sure it was Yukihiro because it was the same bandana...

Wish I had. Oh well. Anyway this was around ten to four (cuz that's when the bus came to pick us up) at the arrivals place in Narita airport on August 3rd. I suppose they were coming back from the US! Lucky guys who went to the concert.

P.S arrrrrrrghghhhhh why didn't I go see them

I also saw a REAL geisha and maiko walk past me in Gion! Wow, that was really exciting!!

Last edited by dillpops on Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 2:19 am
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Please Dill, tell me you went to Akihabara and got cool stuff there >.>
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 11:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dillpops

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um...I don't think I went to Akihabara but I DID go to Harajuku, that was cool too!
PostFri Aug 06, 2004 11:43 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: