Cartoon Network Soars with All-New Quarterly Delivery, Ratings Records
Date: Wednesday, March 30 @ 06:18:37 EST
... PR spin doctors break out thesaurus...
Cartoon Network completed First Quarter 2005 (1Q05) by setting new kids’ total day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m.-6 a.m.) delivery and ratings records across the board for its target demos—kids 6-11, kids 2-11, boys 6-11, girls 6-11, boys 2-11 and girls 2-11—ranking #4 overall (standard total day, persons 2+) among basic cable networks, according to Nielsen Media Research. Similarly, the network’s prime time delivery and ratings also earned high double-digit gains, seting new first quarter records among kids 6-11, tweens 9-14, boys 6-11 and boys 2-11.
Highlights of 1Q05 average delivery and ratings growth claims vs. the same time period last year include the following:
(Click "Read More" for Toonami highlights)
Additional 1Q05 performance highlights for Cartoon Network’s key franchise and stunt programming vs. the same time periods last year include the following:
MIGUZI (1Q05, Monday-Sunday, 5-7 p.m.)
* Best quarterly performance ever with kids 6-11 and kids 2-11.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (702,000) lifted by 39% and ratings (2.9) by 38%.
* Kids 2-11 delivery (1,075,000) and ratings (2.7) both rose by 35%.
TOONAMI (1Q05, Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (610,000) bounded ahead by 55% and ratings (2.5) by 56%.
* Kids 6-11 delivery (698,000) and ratings (2.9) both surged by 26%.
Star Wars: Clone Wars—Chapters 21-25 (Saturday, March 26, 8-9:30 p.m.)
* Kids 6-11 delivery (801,000) blasted ahead by 31% and ratings (3.3) by 27%.
* Tweens 9-14 delivery (642,000) increased by 57% and ratings (2.6) by 53%.
* Adults 18-34 delivery (476,000) catapulted by 192% and ratings (0.7) by 133%.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in 87.8 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 12/27/04-3/27/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.