нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - ZOMG Split Channel Announcement!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
ZOMG Split Channel Announcement!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: ZOMG Split Channel Announcement!
Okay, so I understand the announcement up on the front page (CN and AS will be separate networks as the same channel, but at different times), but what does this actually mean for the bigger picture? Does this mean that Adult Swim will take up more air time, or is it just a cosmetic change?
PostThu Mar 03, 2005 6:34 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: ZOMG Split Channel Announcement!
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Does this mean that Adult Swim will take up more air time, or is it just a cosmetic change?

For our end, it's just a cosmetic change, like Nickolodeon and Nick at Nite. Same channel, just different programming aimed at a different audience.
For CN, by separating the brands, it means they can more easily attract advertisers and sell advertisements targeted at the [as] 18-34 y.o. viewer demographic.
PostThu Mar 03, 2005 6:57 pm
MegamanTrigger

Veteran

Post subject:
Like Nobu said, CN and AS are just splitting for ratings purposes, so that AS can be reclassified as a seperate network and possibly draw in better ratings and advertisers.

It's like when a toy mold is repainted and re-released as a different character (like some old Transformers figures) : it's the exact same thing, it just looks different.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yep. Two dead bodies, everything's normal."
PostThu Mar 03, 2005 7:07 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Also, consider that this may also be a defensive measure as well, as we've been hearing the rumblings of some of our more scatterbrained members of Congress suggesting that cable have the same limitations as broadcast TV. By putting up a wall between CN and [as], it will help to protect them.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostFri Mar 04, 2005 12:04 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Maybe this means more [as].

More [as] means more shows. Or at least more time for shows.

And I could use me some more Detective CoCase Closedan.
PostSat Mar 12, 2005 6:22 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
Maybe this means more [as].

More [as] means more shows. Or at least more time for shows.

And I could use me some more Detective CoCase Closedan.

It would be interesting to see if they actually expand the block (not the first part and the repeat) since they have a large list of show currently not on the air.
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 7:52 pm
AngelHedgie

Post subject:
Well, you got your wish. As of March 28, [as] will get an extra hour added to the end.

Best line from a Cartoon Cartoon: "Sometimes love hurts, Pud'n. And I love you very much."
PostTue Mar 15, 2005 9:54 pm
AgentJ

Post subject:
Oh, shoot, I just fiund out about it..lol!! Cool
PostMon Mar 21, 2005 3:04 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelHedgie wrote:
Well, you got your wish. As of March 28, [as] will get an extra hour added to the end.

What fills the extra hour, you ask? Wink

It's The Popeye Show at 5 AM, followed by The Bob Clampett Show (thru April 26th) at 5:30 AM.
Starting April 27th, Toonheads takes over the 5:30 spot.
PostWed Mar 23, 2005 1:28 am
AgentJ

Post subject: Adult Swim:
I have meet and spoke to Gary Chalk, he's a veteran actor who has done various voice overs, especially with Transformers Armada and Energon, he told me about 2 years ago, that he was involved in a cg project called Papi's Island, a new popeye cgi cartoon and he does the voice of Bluto.

Not sure if you have heard about it... I wish at the time, I would have joined on here to tell people about it, I've been so busy with work and comic cons, It just slipped past me.

Check out my link if you want to see some stuff I got.. I just wanted to share this with some of you guys here! Cool

http://www.geocities.com/darkgaia2/jr_autographs.html
PostWed Mar 23, 2005 10:44 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmm, that sounds reasonable considering the recent CG Popeye christmas special that aired in December on Fox.
PostWed Mar 23, 2005 5:55 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: