нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Samurai X questions
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Samurai X questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Samurai X questions
Alright let me say this is a newbie question. Because I'm sure I'm going to get an answer of "How did you not know?"

I have watched Samurai X parts 1-4. They were moody, slow, sometimes painfully slow, but showed a good part of what made Kenshin who he was. And I really enjoyed it. So I got Netflix to send Samurai X-3 the movie (sorry Bryan Singer isn't directing this one). So I sit down and I get a couple minutes of the moody Samurai X stuff then it becomes a Kenshin episode. Where they show the same fight 40 times. Plus everything is watered down for TV.

So what I want to ask is this. Is there more? Am I missing a Samurai X TV Series somewhere? Are there anymore movies? I want to see more of the Batosai(sp?) and less of the later in life (later being when he hit 30 or so) Kenshin.

Or am I stuck with those four parts making up all of the Samurai X series
PostTue Feb 21, 2006 12:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think that's all there is. But the experts will know for sure.

JJc?
PostTue Feb 21, 2006 1:06 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well the OVAs were all hits and misses with the fans. I happen to be one of them that love the OVAs. But all I can say is get the Manga, TV series or Movie. Thats is about all there is other then a short OVA and few stories found in the 1st few vols of the manga. If you already own those there are more Samurai themed manga/anime out there you may like.
PostTue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have watched several samurai animes. And I'd even say im a fan of Yojimbo as well. But this was more of a way to learn more about Kenshin. And more about why he was so feared.

Plus Samurai X-3 The Movie is horribly mislabeled. Since it really doesn't follow the first two volumes.

I'll have to find the manga's if i want more i guess
PostTue Feb 21, 2006 2:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Samurai X questions
Someone put up the "Kenshin Signal"?

Fodder wrote:
So I got Netflix to send Samurai X-3 the movie (sorry Bryan Singer isn't directing this one). So I sit down and I get a couple minutes of the moody Samurai X stuff then it becomes a Kenshin episode. Where they show the same fight 40 times. Plus everything is watered down for TV.

Sounds like "The Motion Picture", which takes place during the TV series time period. (Shameless Review Plug)

Fodder wrote:
So what I want to ask is this. Is there more? Am I missing a Samurai X TV Series somewhere? Are there anymore movies? I want to see more of the Batosai(sp?) and less of the later in life (later being when he hit 30 or so) Kenshin.

Or am I stuck with those four parts making up all of the Samurai X series

Unfortunately, that's all we get as far as animation completely devoted to Kenshin's past life. There are various points in the Rurouni Kenshin TV series that hint on it. The Kyoto arc (episodes 28-62) revolves around Kenshin's past coming back to haunt him and has many characters you're now familiar with.

There's also a "Samurai X: Reflection" that tries to retell the TV series stories in the darker mood of the past OVAs, which may sound like something you'd be interested in. It's two episodes, though I didn't really care much for it...

Fodder wrote:
Plus Samurai X-3 The Movie is horribly mislabeled. Since it really doesn't follow the first two volumes.

Yea, I'm not familiar with how the various Kenshin properties were acquired, but ADV got all the non-TV series rights and either couldn't or wouldn't use the name "Rurouni Kenshin" for them, hence their stuff donning the "Samurai X" title regardless of when it actually takes place in the series timeline...
PostTue Feb 21, 2006 3:09 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: