нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Which Live Action anime project is least likely to suck?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Which Live Action anime project is least likely to suck?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which live action anime adaption is least likely to suck?
DBZ
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Lupin III
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Transformers
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Akira
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Sailor Moon- The sentai
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Battle Angel Altia
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Cutey Honey
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bastard!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gouf vision
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

wildarmsheero

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
WAH, that didn't help the Final Fantasy movie. The animation was bueatuiful but the story sucked enflamed donkey nuts. People would say "Yeah I saw FF, it sucked enflamed donkey nuts, but had good cg." The suckage ALWAYS came before the complement.

Yeah, good point.

I'm not too impressed by effects too much anyway. They've been over used and are really getting old. I'd like to see a movie that utilizes CG in a different and entertaining way.

So, I guess my vote is firmly on Lupin.
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 6:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ludwika

Frequenter

Post subject:
Movie ...movies,well Lupin seems to most plausible one to be a good movie to sit down and see,considering if the scrip doesn't drag or the actors aren't to beneath what the anime's was about.Then there's what Alita with este James Cameron directing it or something? Eh,I don't know but there's like a Cameron and cyborg spiral thing and it might bring a zing but defiantly not a zang to me.

Hmm...with the rest I have no clue,I would pay to see dbz just out of the sheer curiosity to see some guy with unnaturally formed hair doing monkey stuff.Evangelion,its to soon to think about I feel, and the Transformers ,I don't even want to know.
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 1:01 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Time for me to respond-

DBZ- Since the toon doesn't have a decent plot in 180 eps, how can we expect a 2 hour movie to? Expect lots of Matrix style fights with ki, but not much else.

Evangelion- With a $100 million budget, ADV is betting EVA can score big at the box office. But the religious overtones could spell trouble, as getting rid of them will change the story, and keeping them could piss off media watchdogs, and Egypt.

Transformers- Belivable Transformers, and writing more akin to Beast Wars than Armada is really all we can ask for right now.

Lupin- Considering how many different versions of the characters have existed, from the suave, ruthless Miyazaki version, to the late 70's goofball, to the Bond-esque 90's version, there shouldn't be a problem. Add to the fact that there's no need for flashy special effects. Just don't let Rob Schnieder play Lupin.

Akira- Probably not. Last time I heard, major changes were done to the original script (Kaneda and Testuro are brothers now?!)

Sailor Moon- The sentai- Sailor Moon. Done Power Rangers style. Nuff said.

Altia- With James Cameron directing, I can't count it out. Supposedly, it's going to be major budget, which is also good.

Cutey Honey- Honey's new outfit. Besides the fact that skin tight clothes look better than plastic, it's a Japanese production. Which is good or bad, depending on your view.

Bastard!- Major budget problems may keep this film from even seeing the light of day. If it does, expect a name change.

Gouf-vision- Guaranteed to set standards. Cool
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 2:04 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Personally, being a big fan of eva, I want it to suck the least. I will still think that it is one of the most creative stories ever.

But, however Lupin looks like a great idea. It would be popular to an american audience.
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 10:24 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Altia- With James Cameron directing, I can't count it out. Supposedly, it's going to be major budget, which is also good

yeah, I gotta agree - Alita has definite potential with Cameron at the healm; Cameron, though not immune to bad ideas and projects, is able to create awesome, powerful films with imaginative storylines...examples:

1) Titanic: no matter how much you dislike it, Cameron was able to take a horrid, horrid screenplay and create an Oscar-winning film; and the scenes (well, last full hour of the movie) when the Titanic went down were intense and incredibly well done

2) Aliens: okay, hard to live up to the original masterpiece...but Cameron went a totally different angle, and did an awesome job - going from a horror picture to more of an action hero picture; the movie was exciting (Ripley v. Ma Alien at the end? classic...) and can be watched over and oever again

3) Terminator 2: one of the most intense movies of all time...and one of the few movies ever made that has an epic feel in a far from epic location; and once again, Cameron kicks butt with the FX (a MUST for an anime-related film)

PLUS The Terminator, The Abyss, and True Lies...all movies with storylines and/or special effects that are very anime-like...

Cameron could make one sweet film...
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 4:39 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:

Cutey Honey- Honey's new outfit. Besides the fact that skin tight clothes look better than plastic, it's a Japanese production. Which is good or bad, depending on your view.

HOLD UP!

Is that....Mariah Carey! The Japs want HER to act? I wasn't sure if that's even physically possible.

Ah my brain hurts now.....AHHHHhhhh
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 10:10 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Beatdiggga wrote:

HOLD UP!

Is that....Mariah Carey! The Japs want HER to act? I wasn't sure if that's even physically possible.

Ah my brain hurts now.....AHHHHhhhh

Thankfully, no. She is.
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 12:26 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well talk about on extreme to another!

*wolf whistle* She can Cutie my Honey any day ^_^

....god that sounded wrong.
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 9:42 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Te heavans part, and the skies clear.
TheWorldWeKnow wrote:
counterparadox wrote:
lol, silly Bono, we've gotten a few good newbies as of late. It pleases me.

it's true! it's almost like a g00d n00b rush or something...I, too, am pleased...and shocked Razz

Well yeah i agree but I still hate those n00bs that barge in with a new topic all about how they're not really n00bs and how much anime they've watched and stuff, i think what may say everything about this new member is making a topic about themselves, no matter what. I think we had one of those recently and I'm sure it won't be the last.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Jul 06, 2003 1:38 am
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
Being a huge fan of Tranformers, I feel even a live action movie of said will be good!
PostThu Jul 10, 2003 1:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: