нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - DB/DBZ Question?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
DB/DBZ Question?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject: DB/DBZ Question?
Last week on DB Goku deffeted the Red Ribbion Army, which I think ended the RR Series.
Now in DBZ they said that Goku let Dr Gerho(sp?) excape and later on he created the androids.
Maybe this is something I missed or Im just jumping the gun here. Why didnt we see Dr Gerho in the DB series? It wasnt Gerho's RR Army like they said in DBZ, but Comander Red's.
So would anyone like to try and fill me in here?

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 9:48 am
DarkMaster

Post subject: re: Who is Gero?
The black guy is Dr. Gero. He appointed himself leader.

When Goku destroys the Red Ribbon Army he thinks he has destroyed Dr Gero along with it.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 12:47 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
THat cant be!!!! ...Dr Gero is white not black. YOu cant say that when he made him self into an androide that he became white. Remember Bulma saying when she saw him for the first time that she reconized him from an magazine Question

Thats what it is all about!
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 3:54 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
....no

The Black guys name was Assistant Black and had nothing to with the andriods. Gero originaly wasn't created until Akira started writing the Cell saga. In DB a guy named Dr. Frappe supposedly made the andriods and I think only appeared in the manga.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 3:56 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Actually, the black guy was Officer Black, and he was killed when his robotic thingy blew up. In reality, Akira Toriyama hadn't created Dr. Gero at that point in the story. But when Toriyama tried to end the Dragonball series at the finale of the Frieza Saga, his fans basically demanded that he keep going. So, in order to supply his fans' needs, he decided to say that the Red Ribbon army hadn't been destroyed those many years ago, and that somebody had escaped. That somebody was supposed to have been one of the chief scientists that had cooperated with Commander Red and had created most of the high-tech weaponry and vehicles for the RR (except for Android #8, who was apparently created by some other guy named Dr. Frappe; Major Metallic/Metallotron could possibly be one of his creations, but some others think that he was created by General White in Muscle Tower). In reality, Dr. Gero hadn't really existed at that point in Dragonball since the Cell Saga had still been years off, so he was effectively "added in" later as a plot device to bring back the Androids. The idea that there had been a secret, shadowy puppet master behind the Red Ribbon Army had only been created in order for the whole Android/Cell Saga to take place years after the original Android/Red Ribbon plot had already been resolved.

So there you have it. A character created in hindsight, lots of plotholes as a result, and some missing androids (what ever happened to Androids #1-7 and 9-12? Hey you FanFic authors, I think you've got some potential storylines here...)

On another Red Ribbon related note, does anyone else remember the short appearance of Mercenary Tao (Tao Pai Pai) in the Cell Saga? He was in a short in-between episode that was placed sometime just after Gohan had finally achieved Super Saiyan 1 in the Time Chamber and just before Cell started up the Cell Games. He had an artificial arm and a metal mask, I believe as a result of accidentally blowing himself up with that grenade in his last fight with Goku at Korin Tower. Also, if you catch the early post-Cell and pre-Buu episodes, the guys making the "Great Saiya-Man" movie look suspiciously like Commander Red (the Director) and Officer Black (the Assistant Director), plus some other characters seen in the early Dragonball episodes. Ah, Toriyama, you tricky fellow...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:01 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
i thik that there are so many cameos or pseudo-cameos in DBZ that it'd be almost impossible to find them all.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:06 pm
MONOBROW

Post subject:
I knew about the tao pai pai thing. It was that episode where gohan goes to that town and meets that girl who you can tell he likes, but she doesn't know how strong he is.Then there was this other guy who built this shelter and hired tao to save them from cell/any robbers. Gohan destroys the shelter in the end of the episode.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:11 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, that's sorta what I said Johnny...but you did explain it better.
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:13 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Booya! Cool

PostMon Nov 18, 2002 4:20 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
NO! No plot holes!

Goku DEFEATED the RR Army, but he didn't KILL every single member. A lot escaped with their lives. Goku isn't ruthless. Not nearly.

There was sonething else I wanted to say, but I forget what it was.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 6:24 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
There was sonething else I wanted to say, but I forget what it was.

I think it was "Booya" God I love that word.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 9:02 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yeah, same here. I don't think there's another word besides "DAMNIT" that I use more in TFC games. Razz
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 9:11 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
okay let's try this
boo....booy...Booya!
hey, i kinda like that!

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostMon Nov 18, 2002 9:21 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I also alternate between "nootch", "snoogins", "snootchy bootchies", and "boom-chicka"

PostTue Nov 19, 2002 12:28 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
hmm.. good selelction of words, I also use boom-chika, but not nearly as much as booya.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Nov 19, 2002 12:38 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: