нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Hellsing
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Hellsing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heero_Yuy

Post subject: Hellsing
So Who here has heard of or watched Hellsing?
It is a cool show man but it is only 13 shows long Sad
So what are your thoughts about it?
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 10:59 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've heard of it. I've never seen it and have no clue what it's about.

I'd say this thread should go in the Anime Discussion section, but it's not my problem.
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 2:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Heero_Yuy

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
I'd say this thread should go in the Anime Discussion section, but it's not my problem.

the section is called...
Toonami/Almost Toonami/Anime Discussion
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 8:47 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know what the section is called. This thread was in the Miscellaneous Babble section. I guess someone moved it here.

Why not tell us what Hellsing is about and why it's so great?
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 8:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Heero_Yuy

Post subject:
Oh STML sorry.

Well Hellsing is a Brand spanking new series (to america that is)
that features really good music (a mix of jazz and blues with some other stuff tossed in) and great anamation

It's a story about a vampire named aracard and the vampire destrction group known as Hellsing.(and if you are up to date with your dracula you will find a lot of similitaries) Any way the try to rid england of it's new Freak vampire problem (Freak= artifical, man made) with some interfence of the vatican section 13 and another pure vampire called in cogneito. So if you like mad english people or the book dracula you will love Hellsing.
PostTue Jan 14, 2003 9:09 pm
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
In a nutshell: "Hellsing" = "Cowboy Bebop" + "Vampire Hunter D" - future. It's 13 episodes of gothic action and suspense. As far as graphics are concerned, keep this one well out of reach of the kiddies. Where Hellsing really shines is the complexity of plot and character. While I won't say that it's as confusing as Evangelion, its complexities rank up there on the "Huh? Scale." It's full of religious symbolism, moral dilemmas, and political intrigue. If you want more info, check out http://hellsing.nu/. It's got lots of info about the key characters, events, and relationships.

The bad thing about Hellsing is the audience reaction. Some people think it's the greatest thing since sex, while others say they would rather watch the Time Channel (Bob & Tom, you guys rock!). It seems that the criticism level is pretty much 50/50, so in my opinion, you should try before you buy.

Side Note: The original run of Hellsing was 13 episodes. I've heard from different sides that GONZO (the animation studio that made the show) is going to either A) Leave it as it, or B) Make another 13 episode series. Has anyone else heard about this? Me? I'm pulling for the latter.
PostWed Jan 15, 2003 1:49 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
In a nutshell: "Hellsing" = "Cowboy Bebop" + "Vampire Hunter D" - future. It's 13 episodes of gothic action and suspense. As far as graphics are concerned, keep this one well out of reach of the kiddies. Where Hellsing really shines is the complexity of plot and character. While I won't say that it's as confusing as Evangelion, its complexities rank up there on the "Huh? Scale." It's full of religious symbolism, moral dilemmas, and political intrigue. If you want more info, check out http://hellsing.nu/. It's got lots of info about the key characters, events, and relationships.

The bad thing about Hellsing is the audience reaction. Some people think it's the greatest thing since sex, while others say they would rather watch the Time Channel (Bob & Tom, you guys rock!). It seems that the criticism level is pretty much 50/50, so in my opinion, you should try before you buy.

Side Note: The original run of Hellsing was 13 episodes. I've heard from different sides that GONZO (the animation studio that made the show) is going to either A) Leave it as it, or B) Make another 13 episode series. Has anyone else heard about this? Me? I'm pulling for the latter.

I have heard *rumor* GONZO would like option B, but the original author is none too happy with the changes they made, so option A is more likely. */rumor*
Crying or Very sad
P.S. Bob and Tom rock, but Chick rules!
PostWed Jan 15, 2003 2:36 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
rycel, I don't supose you'de like to expand on your little review would you? I forget who it was on the old board who mentioned hellsing, but hot damn thanks I still watch that series every now and again. I'm waiting to buy it until all the eps are out... I hate watching a series, especially a short series, only a few eps at a time. I want a full marathon when I make my one and only purchase dang nabbit.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Jan 15, 2003 7:28 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
I don't know offhand of any site that has full episode reviews for Hellsing, Spook, and I've only seen a few bits and pieces myself, so I can't elaborate on too much. If you want a glimpse of the show itself, go to http://www.anzwers.org/free/animeintro/news.html. They have two three minute clips from the first episode, in addition to the opening and closing video. (FYI: The closing theme for Hellsing is one of the few full English songs for an original anime that I know of.) Other than that, the http://hellsing.nu/ site has enough spoilers about the key events in the series to make up a little for lack of full episode reviews.

As far as new episodes go, I don't think there are many fans who wouldn't like to see at least another 13. The ending of the initial series is kind of vague and leaves a great deal open. Plus, they have not even gotten to the main story arc of the manga yet! I think it would be such a shame if this great show couldn't progress because the author and the animation studio couldn't come to some sort of arrangement.
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 1:01 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
rycel, I don't supose you'de like to expand on your little review would you? I forget who it was on the old board who mentioned hellsing, but hot damn thanks I still watch that series every now and again. I'm waiting to buy it until all the eps are out... I hate watching a series, especially a short series, only a few eps at a time. I want a full marathon when I make my one and only purchase dang nabbit.

Two more weeks, Monkey-man. Laughing
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 1:40 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
hmm... two weeks eh? I think I can hold out until then.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 3:41 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Doh! I just checked my order. Embarassed

ONE more week (expected release date Jan 21st).
Naturally, mine's on backorder. Mad
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 4:43 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
(FYI: The closing theme for Hellsing is one of the few full English songs for an original anime that I know of.)

"Duvet" by bôa, the opening theme of Serial Experiments Lain...

plus quite a few songs off of the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks (both TV series and movie), and let us not forget "Fly Me to the Moon", a great Frank Sinatra classic, as the closing theme for Neon Genesis Evangelion, plus a few other songs from Eva are all in English ("Komm Susser Tod" from End of Evangelion comes to mind)...

but yes, the majority of anime is full of mostly Japanese and a lot of "Engrish"...

More on topic, however, I would create a formula for Hellsing more like this:

Trigun + Vampire Hunter D - far futuristic settings of both - humor of Trigun + intrigue plot of RahXephon or Evangelion - giant robots or giant monsters = Hellsing

this series is much more action-oriented and gore-driven than a similar series that is fairly new in Japan called Witch Hunter Robin. I'm not sure when that one will come over here, but from what I have seen it is very, very nice. Superb animation and character designs, but not as "action, bullets, kill kill kill" as Hellsing. You can find digisubs of this in pretty good quality...

Hellsing - the buckets of blood and bullets + the intrigue plot of the live-action TV series La Femme Nikita or the anime Noir = Witch Hunter Robin

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Jan 16, 2003 3:52 pm
Heero_Yuy

Post subject:
Nobuyuki did you get the one with the seres varient figure?
PostFri Jan 17, 2003 10:24 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
While we're on the subject of vampire anime, is Blood: The Last Vampire any good?

I only have enough money to buy one vampire series.
PostSat Jan 18, 2003 12:40 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: