нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Longest-Running Anime Series?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Longest-Running Anime Series?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject: Longest-Running Anime Series?
Recently someone asked me this question. I decided to post my asnwer here. If anyone has any disputes...they're wrong.

Sazae-San is currently the longest running anime series on earth, but contrary to the claim that it has more than 5500 episodes is incorrect In fact only has around 1800 episodes, still putting it at the top. The series has been running once a week since 1969 so it couldn't possibly have 5000eps.

Saying it has 5500 is not totally wrong however, because each episode has three seperate plots or skits, as you would expect for a comic strip based cartoon.

Here's a short synopsis from AnimeWebGuide...

The main character is a mother named Sazae-san. She lives in a house with her husband, her kids and her parents. The show is the ultimate family program and tends to follow traditional themes. Think of this show as the Japanese equivalent to "The Partridge Family" and you'll get a good feel for this show's atmosphere. The plots are more like 'Today, Sazae-san goes to the new mall and gets lost'. Such "boring" plotlines and the simplistic art are often a turn-off to non-Japanese audiences, but most Japanese find the show incredibly good. As a result, it continues to be one of the top ratings grabbers on TV and is one of the few anime that is considered "acceptable" by adults.

The only one that comes close, Doraemon, said to have almost 2000eps(still checking that), and 25 movies.

As for the others...they dont come close.

Dragon Ball/Z/GT all total of 508 episodes, 3 TV specials, and 17 movies all together.

Pokemon/Advance has 355 episodes, a couple of specials, and 7 movies

Detective Conan has 373 episodes, and 8 movies

Astro Boy(1963,1980,2004) has 295 episodes and 1 movie

Lupin III(1971,1979,1984) has 230 episodes, 14 specials, 4 OVAS, and 8 movies

Sailor Moon/R/S/SS/Stars has 200 episodes, 2 specials, and 3 movies

Last edited by Zechs on Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 11:06 am
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Longest-Running Anime Series?
Zechs wrote:
Sailor Moon/R/S/SS/Stars has 200 episodes, 1 special, and 3 movies

Sailor Moon includes 2 specials, both during the Super S season. One titled Sailor Moon Super S Special, and the other Sailor Moon Super S Plus - Ami's First Love.

The Super S Special was 3 episodes and consisted of a synopsis of the previous episodes. Plus a bout with the standard MOTW.

Ami's First Love was a 15min special about Ami's first Love, with a distinctively Sailor Moon plot twist.
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 8:21 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ooookay.

Guess I'll have to change that...done.

Anyone else want to take shots at my research?
PostTue Oct 26, 2004 8:27 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
No. It seems like you're a very thorough researcher. What is this Sazae-san that you speak of about?
PostWed Oct 27, 2004 12:56 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's exactly like he described it in the first post, a low-key domestic-life family comedy.
PostWed Oct 27, 2004 1:09 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

WhtHawk wrote:
Zechs wrote:

Sailor Moon includes 2 specials, both during the Super S season. One titled Sailor Moon Super S Special, and the other Sailor Moon Super S Plus - Ami's First Love.

The Super S Special was 3 episodes and consisted of a synopsis of the previous episodes. Plus a bout with the standard MOTW.

Ami's First Love was a 15min special about Ami's first Love, with a distinctively Sailor Moon plot twist.

OK, all misguided SM bashing aside, there's no good reason for you to know all that.
PostWed Oct 27, 2004 2:13 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

ROBRAM89 wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
Zechs wrote:

OK, all misguided SM bashing aside, there's no good reason for you to know all that.

Why not? I've claimed to be a complete fan boy on numerous ocassions. I'm sure there are pieces of information about one of your favorite shows you know that would fall into the same category.
PostWed Oct 27, 2004 11:19 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

WhtHawk wrote:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
Zechs wrote:

Why not? I've claimed to be a complete fan boy on numerous ocassions. I'm sure there are pieces of information about one of your favorite shows you know that would fall into the same category.

I'm not a fanboy, yet I knew the same things about SM... Something wrong with having useless knowledge?

(this brings up the question of how we remember this kind of thing when we aren't fans- that can be for another thread)
PostThu Oct 28, 2004 12:31 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Zechs, you have too much free time, don't you?
PostThu Oct 28, 2004 8:07 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

AdmiralGreer wrote:
Something wrong with having useless knowledge?

Not if you can net about $2+ million out of it.
PostThu Oct 28, 2004 8:12 pm
darkness88

Frequenter

Post subject:
What's the second longest running series? Twisted Evil
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 8:30 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

AdmiralGreer wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
Zechs wrote:

I'm not a fanboy, yet I knew the same things about SM... Something wrong with having useless knowledge?

(this brings up the question of how we remember this kind of thing when we aren't fans- that can be for another thread)

Hell, I know more useless facts than anybody I know...like that this quote has to set some kind of record. It's starting to look like an Escher drawing.
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 9:30 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
darkness88 wrote:
What's the second longest running series? Twisted Evil
If you read the list...you'd know wouldn't you.

I originally posted this on another board and the reaction was...well less than stellar. These were the subsequential posts after mine.

Steven_Mster13 wrote:

well..the longest...maybe dragon ball?

Limited328 wrote:
olz...i think you're right...it's pokeman...but BEST anime series should go to One Piece since many ppl are watchin it.

I've learned never to post anything intelligent at AsianFanatics....EVER again.
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 11:02 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think it's a proven fact that the majority of "hardcore" fans (particularly those of anime and other japanese media) of just about anything have some of the lowest IQs around. Along with anyone who posts on Yahoo's various forums and response-to-news-article-threads. Posting on AsianFANATICS was asking for stupid responses. Come on Zechs... You should know better.
PostSat Oct 30, 2004 1:04 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Limited328 wrote:
olz...i think you're right...it's pokeman...but BEST anime series should go to One Piece since many ppl are watchin it.

You just melted part of my brain.
PostSat Oct 30, 2004 6:49 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: