нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Animation News
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Animation News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes the standard adult can actually. You wont understand until your older Smile
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
First off, Fodder, you're not a standard adult. You're here, which obviouslly means there is some sort of chemical imbalance in your brain somewhere.

Secondly.... LOOK A DISTRACTION! *runs away*
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 5:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
WHERE? WHERE?

ooh, shiny...
PostSat Jan 17, 2004 6:00 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Blabbermouth.net reports that Metallica's James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich will guest star on Disney's Dave the Barbarian, in an episode scheduled to premiere on Friday, January 23, at 5:30pm (ET/PT) on the Disney Channel.
PostSun Jan 25, 2004 7:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
DreamWorks has ordered scripts for SHREK 3 and SHARK TALE 2, reported VARIETY; however, the studio would not comment when AWN followed up. The third adventure for the giant green orge will have him wrapped up in the King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table legend. SHREK 2, with a budget northwards of $80 million, arrives in theaters May 21, 2004, hoping to ride the huge success of the first film, which grossed $267 million in the U.S. on its way to becoming the surprise box office champ of 2001. The risk with moving ahead with a SHARK TALE sequel is far greater with the original not reaching theaters until Oct. 1, 2004. The undersea gangster tale was originally scheduled for an early November release to ride into the Thanksgiving holiday, however DreamWorks moved ship when Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES took claim to the Nov. 5th weekend for its opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven Moon Entertainment Inc. has formed a new animation company called Raven Animation Inc., with plans to target former Disney/MGM animators that recently lost their jobs on Jan. 12 because of the closing of Disney's animation operations at Disney/MGM studios in Orlando, Florida.

"Because of the new animated television programs that Raven Moon has set for development in 2004, including the award-winning MR. BICYCLE MAN, THE BOBO BLOCKS and THE CUDDLE BUG COUSINS, picking up these out of work animators is a good move for Raven Moon,” stated Raven Moon ceo Joey DiFrancesco. “Our company is growing and expanding and these former Disney/MGM animators will definitely be an asset to our company.''

"We believe that Raven Animation will be able to produce high quality animated projects from our studio in Orlando at a fraction of the cost that many of the Hollywood-based production companies are paying,” added Mike Gibilisco, director for Raven Animation and Raven Moon Entertainment.

Raven suggested that the new animation company would serve as a revenue source from other entertainment companies looking for quality animation at a lower cost.

Raven Moon Entertainment is currently in production and syndicating 15 episodes of the GINA D'S KIDS CLUB series. For more information on Raven Moon Entertainment, visit www.ravenmoon.net.
PostSun Jan 25, 2004 7:06 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
AnimationInsider has reported that the popular Kids WB! show X-Men: Evolution has been cancelled. It is unknown whether KidsWB! or Marvel cancelled it at this time.
PostSat Jan 31, 2004 5:33 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
This was much to interesting of a tidbit to ignore.

Speaking of Adult Swim, the late night block will see a new anime series join its ranks, Witch Hunter Robin together with 10 new episodes of Harvey Birdman, Attorney and Law. As for the remainder of the year, Higgins promises more news at its “Upfront” presentation to the advertising industry in late February. When asked about his wish list, Higgins is optimistic. “Everything’s going to come in time. Do I wish we had Nickelodeon’s ratings? Sure I do. We’re a lot younger than Nick and I’m sure that’s happen over time; I’m sure someday they’re going to be saying ‘I wish we had Cartoon Network’s ratings.’ Other than that, my only other wish is that we had The Simpsons on the network.”

andwho, also Low Brow has been renamed Megas XLR which will premiere in May.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Coleman will not confirm – or deny – rumors that one of Nickelodeon’s strangest series will soon be out on DVD, but does say flat out that there are no plans for Invader Zim to resume production of original episodes. Come year end, Nick will be competing with (not to mention cross-promoting) SpongeBob SquarePants’ theatrical feature debut. Like Zim, there are no plans for new SpongeBob TV episodes, but unlike Zim, the thought is never far from Colemean’s mind. “It’s something we’ve been talking about since the day they left to go work on the movie, and it’s something we’ll continue to look into.”

bahhahaha. Won't confirm or deny that zim is coming to dvd. Maybe they should ahve told media blasters to be a bit more tight lipped about their work.
PostMon Feb 02, 2004 6:21 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Too lazy to post these in new topics.

Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro revealed, in an interview with Counting Down, that negotiations are underway to create a Japanese-produced Hellboy animated series. The series would take the form of half-hour episodes, would "absolutely" feature Ron Perlman as the title character, and would reflect the original art style in a "100%...unadulturated" manner.

Toei Animation has announced two new home video labels. The first, called "Animaster," is aimed at middle-aged fans and will release three to five titles a year. "Ganime," the second new label, is apparantly intended for documentaries, but if you watch the sample footage currently available on the label's website it seems more closely related to the early Warner Brothers "Spooney Melodies" shorts, or maybe the background video on a Japanese karaoke machine. Unfortunately, it seems equal in entertainment value as well.

IGN has an official trailer for the upcoming CGI Final Fantasy film, entitled Advent Children. See the trailer here.
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:00 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
To lazy for new thread again.

Cartoon Network figure license announced!

Palisades made the surprise announcement at Toy Fair that they had just been awarded the license to produce action figures from several Cartoon Network owned shows from their Adult Swim block. Figures that will receive the toy treament include:

*Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

*The Brack Show

*Sealab 2021

*Aqua Teen Hunger Force

*Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

The first assortment is scheduled for the 4th Quarter of 2004/ early 2005.
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:20 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hip-Hop Animator Gets Props from Disney
by Chris Albrecht | 2.10.04

Those who think posting your film online won't do anything for your career should talk with Tyree Dillihay.

His animated short Hiphopolis debuted on AtomFilms in August of 2003. Two months later he was fielding phone calls from Disney, and now he's working on a pilot with a former child star and pitching his own projects.

Tyree spoke with Atom Focus about how his little movie found a big audience, what it takes to get a movie made, and working for TV's Urkel.

Stay in School Kids

The seeds of "Hiphopolis" were planted two years ago as Tyree finished up his animation degree at Cal State Northridge. "I had to do a final project, so I did a short film using some characters I created based on me and my friends," says Tyree.

Tyree had the talent and the skills, but what he lacked was time. "I did the storyboard, character design, even the music, but I needed someone to do the actual animation."

After some digging (and negotiating) Tyree found a production house that would animate the movie for him. The resulting "Hiphopolis" not only helped him graduate, but it also won the top prize at his school's year-end art competition.

Little Movie, Big Audience

Tyree knew that "Hiphopolis" could help him break out - if he could get it in front of audiences. "It's important to get your film out there. Don't worry about them judging it. You just want people to see it."

Tyree started by posting his film on his personal Web site Reakshun.com. The film generated some traffic, but not nearly enough.

"I had this little movie in need of a big audience," Tyree says. "I'd known about AtomFilms from back in the day and knew I'd go straight to them."

AtomFilms picked up "Hiphopolis" and ran it as a featured short. Then things started to happen. "AtomFilms got me into a major animation studio and working on a life-changing project," says Tyree.

Urkel Calling

"Hiphopolis" quickly became a favorite among AtomFilms audience. Among those watching were people at Disney TV. "They hunted me down," jokes Tyree. But the studio people weren't joking. They were working on a new urban animated project and thought Tyree's skills would be a good fit.

It was a project created by Jaleel White, better known to TV audiences everywhere as that next-door-nerd Urkel from the long-running 1980s sitcom, Family Matters. Fittingly the project revolves around a child star trying to cope in a normal school. Tyree did all of the character design for the show.

And the good news for Tyree doesn't end with Urkel. With his foot planted at a major studio, he's now pitching his own projects.

So what advice does Tyree have for aspiring filmmakers?

"Just get your movie done. If it costs money, spend what you can afford. So many of my classmates talked about becoming animators, but never did anything. I found a way to make it happen, and other people can too."
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 4:34 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ADV Films today announced that the first 86 episodes of the original Sailor Moon television series will no longer be available in the U.S. on home video after April 1, 2004. Although the response of the fans and sales of this video series in both the dubbed- and uncut-subtitled format have been tremendously successful, the creators of the program have decided against continuing the availability of the home video in the U.S. at this time. All episodes released under ADV Films will remain available for sale in retail outlets and via the company website.
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 5:28 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Does home video mean DVD too?

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 6:54 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Kalma wrote:
Does home video mean DVD too?

Yes. Exactly.
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 7:31 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
But, Video is not DVD.

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostThu Mar 11, 2004 7:43 pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: