нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - BRING BACK THE GOOD ANIME!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
BRING BACK THE GOOD ANIME!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
I would take of hamtaro and sailor moon, but since you say that girls are starting to watch this too, they should be from 4-5 and after that Gundam wing DBZ (I think that it would be best to start with android saga) and maybe something else.
PostThu Dec 23, 2004 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you for the sexist remark.....

*Waits for Dill to pop in to show this boy what she watches*
PostFri Dec 24, 2004 1:35 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
You people need to learn that life is not about YOU.

It's about MONEY.

Cartoon Network is a business, and they need to stay above their growing amount of competitors. Do you know how you can tell that Cartoon Netwrok makes the right choices for the largest amount of mass appeal? I can telll you how. Ready? Here it is. Here comes the curve. Watch it, watch it now:

THEY'RE STILL AIRING.

Believe it or not, the people that want Gundam W and DBZ back are the minority. You may think it's the right choice and it would be awesome, but all it would do right now is hurt Cartoon Network, thus preventing more goodness to air on said network.

And by the way, WE don't care about ratings. But Cartoon Network does. Thus, by knowing the ratings, we can know how Cartoon Network has, will, and MUST make it's decisions.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Dec 24, 2004 2:34 pm
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
OK then, if minority wants GW back, then what does the majority want?
PostSat Dec 25, 2004 10:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Berserk_Fury wrote:

Naruto. Rolling Eyes Razz
PostSat Dec 25, 2004 11:51 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostSat Dec 25, 2004 1:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
0Seed7 wrote:
I hate that they have no trouble keeping DBGT on (even when there are no new episodes!) but they can only keep Seed, Kenshin, Zoids, and other great shows on for 1/2 year each. Bring back the better shows! The decent show they can keep on is YuYu Hakusho.

I like how this guy did a 180 on us.

Anyway, as everyone covered, Toonami isn't about the anime. Sure, they had it, but the block began with action cartoons. Then, DBZ came in, Sailor Moon came in, and Gundam Wing came in (which, in actuality, help started the anime movement on CN). Then, when the block becomes only anime, people think that the block is only that. When they bring in an action show, these people get angry and write letters to Tyler. Laughing

But I am happy that people don't consider Adult Swim as this anime block, but as an adult-oriented block. Now, Why can't they consider Toonami as an action block?
PostSat Dec 25, 2004 11:02 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject:
Let's face it, many of people who claim to be anime fans or call them-selves "otaku." Are very stubborn, and not very intelegent. They know enough to get them-selves in over their heads.

What I don't understand is why we don't track these people down and chastise them with a stick for being so ignorant as to mail the TDA and its affilitates rather than CN's domain that they advertise during theses shows.
PostSun Dec 26, 2004 1:10 am
Berserk_Fury

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Berserk_Fury wrote:

Naruto. Rolling Eyes Razz

Hm, ok then, if people want Naruto, then why don't you show it? I would love to check it out.
PostSun Dec 26, 2004 5:03 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
1. Hasn't been licensed.
2. Perhaps a bit to much fanservice (naruto's harem no jitsu)
3. Alot of gore and women getting hit, which is something i've never seen on Toonami.

Anyways, i'd rather see this show on AS then Toonami.
PostSun Dec 26, 2004 5:25 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Would it count if i said i wanted Robotech, all the different macross's (would that be Macri?) and Voltron 3D on?

Oh yeah and Star Blazers to!

Oh and i want a pony for christmas
PostSun Dec 26, 2004 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
The pony shall be granted, but everything else will have to wait.

WhtHawk, that is so true. I once was an otaku, so I was stupid. But I got out of that stage. I may watch anime once in a while, but won't go crazy for it.
PostSun Dec 26, 2004 7:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
WhtHawk wrote:
Let's face it, many of people who claim to be anime fans or call them-selves "otaku." Are very stubborn, and not very intelegent. They know enough to get them-selves in over their heads.

I am a firm believer that 90% of anime fans suck at life, personally. At least, 90% of the vocal ones. There are people that are casual fans, I suppose, that don't count (People that like only one show or movie, such as Spirited Away.)

Anyway, a lot of the FANS that I meet are of the "DUBS SUCK SUBS ARE TEH S HIT!!!!1111one" variety. I can't stand those people. Especially when they insist that, for example, Cowboy Bebop must be watched in Japanese when, hoenstly, I have had no problems with the english, even during a direct comparison. In fact, I like Spike's voice much better in the english version. I just think it comes off as being so much smoother and badasser when this semi-high-pithced voice starts to kick ass.

Watching something subbed is fine, but insisting that it is far superior to the dub is stupid so long as there is, in fact, nothing wrong with the dub. It's like insiting that anime is far superior to American animation. There's good and bad examples of each, neither is superior, each must be saught through to find the goodness within.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Dec 27, 2004 12:25 am
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
I don't consider myself that kind of Otaku but I perfer Subs over Dubs anyday. Now granted, when its done right like Cowboy Bebop, I love the dubs. I just don't really care to much though, not anymore anyways. Ever since I started getting the fansubs, I just haven't given a flying crap about that whole argument. As long as the dub can bring out the same emotion that was originally intended, then i'm happy with it.
PostMon Dec 27, 2004 1:32 am
Loki_Trister

Post subject:
I enjoy Megas XLR, however some of the others .. like Jack and Hamtaro were really just... too lame/dull/out there... while I admit Jack has some intresting things too to, Hamtaro just plain SUCKED... I agree that they need to bring back things like Outlaw Star and so forth, I also wish they would make Adult Swim a seperate show and just take the Anime into the Toonami programing itself... /sigh and as far as Naruto, I believe it would be to hard to tone down to Toonami's standards as stated above. Another Anime I would love to see however would be Bleach... but once again the gore would be a problem, (as long as the company that did Shaman King and whatever else Manga that was in SJ... they put those to shame...)but it would be good for Adult Swim, Hellsing would be a rather good anime to for AS, many of the good anime known to me would be for Adult Swim Sad Angel San. Ragnarok (possibly, have yet to start reading it, just skimmed thru it), DNAngle, Tsubasa(if one such anime exists...), and so on...
PostMon Dec 27, 2004 6:24 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: