нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - IGPX
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
IGPX
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laughingman

Post subject: IGPX
Hello, I'm new and over the past few monts I found this site to be an excellent place for news about new shows. Recently though I've been trying to find out about IGPX on the and have found little to nothing,
I've had more luck on finding about Powerpuff Girls Z than this Mad .

So could you tell what is known about this project like voice actors, production value or pilot episodes, so if could help me I'd be very grateful Smile .
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 1:00 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: IGPX
Laughingman wrote:
So could you tell what is known about this project like voice actors, production value or pilot episodes, so if could help me I'd be very grateful Smile .

Have you read the press release we copied to the newsfront? Wink

It also has a link to this article:
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19842
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 1:05 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Thanks for the link Very Happy . But I was hoping for some new video clips seeing as Anime Next has just started. Oh well atleast the poster looks sweet and very promising.
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 1:11 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
ProductionI.G. posted a wbsite

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/contents/news/2005/04/igpx_1.html

Shocked And they have both Mamoru Oshii and Stan Lee commenting on this series. I guess CN isn't pulling any puches with this project, damn.
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 1:39 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
Thanks for the link Very Happy . But I was hoping for some new video clips seeing as Anime Next has just started. Oh well atleast the poster looks sweet and very promising.

It looked pretty good on the "Cartoon Network Summer Preview" Special that aired at the end of last month. But Tyler had to pull the video clips he'd captured. Sad
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 2:58 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
There is going to be an IGPX panel at Anime Expo 2005, they say it's giong to be a full disclosure.

Links:

http://www.production-ig.com/news.php?id=70

http://www.anime-expo.org/files/2005Live_Programming_Schedule.pdf
PostSat Jul 02, 2005 10:13 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Time to steal someone else's hard work for our own gain:
LordByronius at Toon Zone's Toonami forum wrote:
Hey guys. Typing this up in a rush from my hotel room at the crappy Clarion in Anaheim.

I was at the IGPX full disclosure panel which occured right after the general Production I.G. panel at this year's Anime Expo. The guests were Toonami's Jason DeMarco, Bandai's Ken Iyadomi, and a few representatives from I.G. USA whose names I forget.

Anyway, they dropped a few bombs of new information that I thought I'd share with everyone, since it doesn't seem like they've shown up on ANN or anywhere else yet.

First, for Sketch and all the other fantasy schedule people: It is SET IN STONE that IGPX will air at 10 pm.

Second, they confirmed a few of the voice cast, but could not elaborate on their roles:

Haley Joel Osment
Michelle Rodriguez
Tom Kenny

Third, Bandai'll be producing a video game. No release date has been set, though.

Fourth: I asked about the Time Warner anime co-productions, and IGPX is NOT one of the three co-productions that were announced. It was being worked on before the deal was even talked about. When pressed if CN was going to team up with Production I.G. again, or if they were heading towards an Adult Swim anime original, it was the typical "no comment at this time."

Fifth: There WILL be a Japanese language option on the DVDs by Bandai. However, the soundtracks will be different. The English track will obviously use the Ninja Tunes music, whereas the Japanese track will use whatever original music used for its Japanese broadcast on TV Asahi. Bandai is also working on including behind-the-scenes featurettes and other stuff for the domestic DVD release.

And, that's it as far as new information. They previewed a new trailer fully narrated by Peter Cullen, which proudly exclaimed "BY THE CREATORS OF 'GHOST IN THE SHELL!'" which is sort of odd since this is a Toonami/General CN show and not an Adult Swim show.

There were also a few funny anecdotes about the production of the show. DeMarco seems super-psyched about "not having to hack a show to pieces" to get it onto Toonami, and went into a funny rant about how the Nielsen ratings can be sliced any way demographically to get them to say whatever you want them to, which can spell doom for shows they like and make success for shows they hate. I sarcastically asked for any specific titles, and Jason laughed, "I'd like to, but I'd also like to keep my job." Also, even though I.G. was told "no smoking, no alcohol, no blood," there were occasions where CN would recieve animation back of characters with a flask of whiskey, which the I.G. reps admitted to simple "cultural differences."

All in all, I'm stoked. The Wilson has been questioning the logic of greenlighting a series based around a so-so microseries, but according to Jason, they "threw out all the stuff they didn't like," and basically re-built the series from the ground up, and the more I hear about it, the more excited I get.

I think the exact premiere date was November 5th, but I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, enjoy! Time to mosey down to the Pierrot panel to see if they say anything about Bleach.

PostSun Jul 03, 2005 1:09 am
Laughingman

Post subject:
Thanks for the link Nobuyuki, I guess Naruto isn't going to be on at 10 like people thought. I guess if it premiers a 9 or 9.5 it might get more ratings.
PostSun Jul 03, 2005 12:12 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
This just in IGPX got it's own website, and it looks sweeter than ever :

Last edited by Laughingman on Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:08 am; edited 3 times in total
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
The IGPX image database doesn't have a GIF titled "link_banner"...yet.

Try again. Wink
PostFri Jul 08, 2005 10:09 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
There, I hope it's fixed.
PostSat Jul 09, 2005 8:53 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
You got it.
PostSun Jul 10, 2005 5:36 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Latest info from Comic-Con (The following will also be released ont he front page):

"Several well-known actors have signed on to voice characters for the highly anticipated new series. Haley Joel Osment stars as the voice of the leading character, Takeshi Jinno, and Michelle Rodriguez, Mark Hamill and Lance Henriksen also add their voice talents to other main characters.

IGPX is set to premiere during Toonami on Saturday, November 5, at 10:30 p.m. (ET, PT)"

The bolded stuff is why you can never consider CN's schedule set in stone until (at most) 2 weeks before airtime.

Update from the Mystery Mod of the Future's Past about IGPX from Comic-Con:
Difference between the musical soundtracks will be very slight, there was some disagreement between only a few songs when it came to what americans and japanese would like so they said "hey they'll just be different."

The NinjaTune music label is providing 95-99% of the music for the series on both sides ont he pacific. There isn't a japanese music track without them.

There awill be a DVD release, both versions of the music tracks will most likely be included as will the original IGPX micro-series.

The series first season is now around 85% completed.

The series premieres on Nov. 5th with the first two episodes.

The hot dog vendor has an eye patch for two reasons "That is how the japanese see american hot dog vendors" and "Because, well, it's a very dangerous job; a bit of greese could splash up into his eye."

The voice cast will include Haley Joel Osment as Takeshi, Michelle Rodriguez as his teammate, Mark Hamill as the leader of the "dirty cheat" team, Steve Blum as the leader of the number 1 team of the IGPX, Lance Henriksen as Takeshi's team coach, and Tom Kenny as the IGPX commentator.

As far as future productions with Prod. I.G. is up in the air but the stronger the series becomes the tighter the ties between Toonami/Prod. I.G.

They premiered the first episode of the series, but I'll leave that review to more better writer reviewerist guy person..
PostFri Jul 15, 2005 7:37 pm
Laughingman

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
Latest info from Comic-Con:

"Several well-known actors have signed on to voice characters for the highly anticipated new series. Haley Joel Osment stars as the voice of the leading character, Takeshi Jinno, and Michelle Rodriguez, Mark Hamill and Lance Henriksen also add their voice talents to other main characters.

IGPX is set to premiere during Toonami on Saturday, November 5, at 10:30 p.m. (ET, PT)"

The bolded stuff is why you can never consider CN's schedule set in stone until (at most) 2 weeks before airtime.

Atleast my hopes of this being dubbing gold along with Naruto seems to be true . Smile

Mark Hamill, I smell star wars reference in this show. I remember the last time he did voiceacting, he played the Joker in Batman and didn't he also appeared in that Simpsons episode?
PostFri Jul 15, 2005 8:10 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Laughingman wrote:
Mark Hamill, I smell star wars reference in this show. I remember the last time he did voiceacting, he played the Joker in Batman and didn't he also appeared in that Simpsons episode?

Mark Hamill's done a lot of voice acting over the past decade. As far as cartoons go, besides his appearance on that Simpsons episode, I knew him best from that Wing Commander cartoon a few years back. He's also branched off into video games, of which I know he did voices for Grandia Xtreme and an X-Men game (can't remember which one, but I think he was Wolverine).
PostSat Jul 16, 2005 9:46 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: