нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - V for Vendetta (spoilers included)
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
V for Vendetta (spoilers included)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: V for Vendetta (spoilers included)
Alright so I just saw V. And I have read half of the issues. Its a large series but I'm still digging into it. I hope to have the series finished by monday or tuesday to see if the second half of the movie matches.

In short you will know that this movie is brought to you by the same people who brought you the Matrix. Because it has the same kind of feel that Matrix had. That same little feeling of this is something entirely different.

First the bad. Since this is the part that people want to hear.

For those not exposed to the comic - it has a hollywood ending. I haven't read the end of the comics to know if its the same there. But I highly highly doubt it. This is a way to well.. lets call it happy ending.

This is British. Every person has a british accent, outside of V, and america is only alluded to.

Then there is the whole non-subtle connection to today's politics. The use of fear as a means to get power ect. Its not subtle and as the movie goes deeper its less and less subtle.

For the fans of the comic - Evey's character is completley different. She works for the news station in here. She is older since its Natalie Portman playing it. And at one point she tries to betray V. (the priest scene from the comic) that doesnt happen in print. Most of the film revolves around her. And she is a decent, when not in Star Wars, actress to pull it off.

The issue of when this takes place. In the comics its 1997. In here you get the feeling its now. But at the end there is a line of "in 2015..." which doesnt fit.

The voice of Fate has been rewritten for Steven Fry. He played the part well. And it fit into the story line but it wasnt the same as the person who is offed in the comic early on.

There is no fate. No mention of the computer at all is made in the movie.

Id still recommend it. Id like to hear from people who read V for Vendetta and those who haven't. To get there reactions.
PostSun Mar 19, 2006 1:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I've read some of the graphic novel, and I've heard that the original writer (Alan Moore, the same guy who did Watchmen, right?) isn't very pleased with the movie(to say the least). I'm torn between finishing the GN first, or watching the movie.
PostSun Mar 19, 2006 2:31 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Go ahead and see the movie. And take it as somethings thats not completed connected.

Alan Moore won't attach himself to any more of the movies off his properties. After League of Extraordinary Gentlemen he said he would never be happy with the product.

I have heard them talking about making Watchmen into a movie. But it wouldnt be an easy one. Since its not your typical superhero story. Based around mostly people without powers who fight crime. And then are outlawed by the government as basically thugs. Plus outside of Alan Cummings (who wouldnt look right) what actor would want to be painted blue and be naked for most of the movie?

The flip side is that the Vertigo books are the ones that would be best served to be made into a movie. Id love to see them do "The Endless" off of Sandman. And I'm sure I heard that Neil Gaiman said it had been optioned already.

But see the movie. Its worth it.
PostSun Mar 19, 2006 5:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: