нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Boondocks headed to Adult Swim?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Boondocks headed to Adult Swim?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelHedgie wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:
And I wouldn't call it a "raging" debate- I hadn't even heard of the issue until you mentioned it.

Well, I'm sort of a political junkie (but I promise to keep it in check!), so I had been reading about the talk of using terror squads like those in El Salvador in Iraq, and then that episode of SAC came on...my blood just ran cold at that moment.

No need to shy away from political or significant issues. We enjoy discussions on race, religion, politics, and a slew of other things, so long as they are kept in the right forum. Sadly, we haven't had a good "bad guy" (someone with a strong opposing view to the majority) here in a long time, so the significant discussions have waned . . . however, never shy away from something heavy. Most of us here are either in college or past that. We uderstand shit.

Well, most of us do. And the ones that don't, well, they don't read the threads concerning said stuff.

ANYway, you're allowed to hate, say, NGE. So long as you don't hate it for the animation. Granted, I've only seen the first two episodes of it, however, they were BEAUTIFULLY animated, all concepts and plot aside. But you're allowed to have whatever opinions of plot and such that you want.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Feb 07, 2005 8:01 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
ANYway, you're allowed to hate, say, NGE. So long as you don't hate it for the animation. Granted, I've only seen the first two episodes of it, however, they were BEAUTIFULLY animated, all concepts and plot aside. But you're allowed to have whatever opinions of plot and such that you want.

I'm not a big fan of the character designs in the anime(then again I'm more of a fan of the manga)
PostMon Feb 07, 2005 8:55 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hrm, well, I suppose design is a separate matter from quality. For example, some hate the style of Samurai Jack, and others love it. Either way, there are some masterful aspects of the show's animation.

There is a difference between not liking something, and thinking that it was made crappily. For example, I contend that both Spiderman movies had crappy special effects. That, and the fact that I think Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are completely wrong for those parts, took me right out of the movies. Spiderman is my favorite iconic superhero. But I don't like the movies. That is a case where it has nothing to do with the plot or characters, but instead is due entirely to the casting and special effects.

My point is merely that there are different aspects of a work to be either enjoyed or dissapointed by.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Feb 07, 2005 10:27 pm
D-boy

Post subject:
Heh...I remember all the talk of toby maguire being perfect for the role because he was a nerd....You're right though. Although I would've hated to see some action flick-type guy dressing up as Peter Parker....
PostMon Mar 28, 2005 5:07 pm
trigun-1

Post subject: Re: Boondocks headed to Adult Swim?
Daikun wrote:
Almost a year ago, it was reported that a cartoon series based on the comic strip The Boondocks would be coming to Fox. Now, that plan has changed. The blog clixnwhistles reports that the show is headed to Cartoon Network instead.

Hmmmm... Adult Swim, perhaps? Could be... Wink

this comes straight from the [asmb]

Aaron McGruder’s The Boondocks To Move In to Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim in October

Regina King to Voice “Huey Freeman,� “Riley Freeman�; and John Witherspoon Signs on as “Granddad�

Based on Aaron McGruder’s award-winning and politically charged comic strip of the same name, The Boondocks will premiere in October 2005, on Adult Swim, Cartoon Network’s late-night block of animation for adults. Regina King (Miss Congeniality 2, Ray) and John Witherspoon (Friday After Next) are among the actors who have signed on to voice characters on the highly anticipated animated television comedy. King will do double-duty as the voices of brothers “Huey Freeman� and “Riley Freeman� – the two characters central to the strip and series – while Witherspoon will be voicing “Granddad,� the boys’ cantankerous grandfather.
In The Boondocks, when Robert “Granddad� Freeman becomes legal guardian of his rambunctious grandkids, he moves from the south side of Chicago to the quiet and safety of “The Boondocks� (in this case, suburban Woodcrest), hoping that he can ignore them altogether and enjoy the fourth quarter of his life in peace. But Huey, a 10-year-old left wing revolutionary, is determined not to enjoy the affluence of suburbia. This attitude is seconded by his 8-year-old brother, Riley, a proud product of contemporary rap culture who lives only to spread chaos and mayhem. Although they torture each other and provoke the neighborhood, they are no match for Granddad, who is eccentric even by “crazy-ass-old-black-man� standards.
Regina King, who is starring in Miss Congeniality 2 opposite Sandra Bullock (which opens nationwide today), has also appeared in the Oscar-nominated film Ray, opposite Jamie Foxx; Cinderella Story, opposite Hilary Duff; and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde, opposite Reese Witherspoon. John Witherspoon has earned the reputation of playing one of America’s funniest fathers in films such as Friday, Friday After Next and Boomerang. His television credits include The Tracy Morgan Show and The Wayans Brothers. Cedric Yarbrough (Reno 911), Gary Anthony Williams (Malcolm in the Middle), Gabby Soleil (Johnson Family Vacation) and Jill Talley (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie) are also among the show’s principal cast.
Meanwhile, hip-hop artist turned actor Mos Def (The Italian Job), Ed Asner (Elf) and Charlie Murphy (Chappelle’s Show) are among the eclectic mix of actors who have been enlisted to voice guest characters on the show.
Aaron McGruder serves as creator and executive producer of The Boondocks. The series is produced by Rebel Base and Hudlin Entertainment in association with Sony Pictures Television. Fifteen episodes are in production.
PostWed Jun 22, 2005 8:09 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm happy that they made this funny comic into a animated series. The only comic left that's good enough to be a series is Calvin and Hobbes.
PostThu Jun 23, 2005 3:09 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: