нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Edits=Profits?!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Edits=Profits?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject: Edits=Profits?!
From Anime News Network...

4Kids Entertainment published their third quarter results this week. Net revenues for the period increased 109% over last year while profit rose 46%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4Kids Entertainment shows continued increase of revenue from last year. 4Kids on Friday announced net revenues for the third quarter climbed 109% to $25.3 million from $12.1 million in the same period last year. Actual profit for the quarter was $2.9 million, compared to net income of $2.0 million, an increase of 46%.

For the first nine months of 2003 net revenues rose 156% to $69.7 million from $27.2 million in the same period last year. Actual profit for the nine-month period was $9.5 million, or $0.68 per diluted share, compared to net income of $4.7 million, in the same period a year earlier, an increase of 100%.

Al Kahn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of 4Kids Entertainment, said, "Third quarter results reflect the continued success of our strategy to create many different revenue streams based upon a diversified property portfolio. Yu-Gi-Oh!(TM) and Pokemon(R) continue to be among the top ranked children's programs on the Kids' WB! network. Strong retail sales of Yu-Gi-Oh! related products and licensed merchandise were one of the primary drivers of revenues for our licensing division. 4Kids Home Video shipped its two-millionth Yu-Gi-Oh! title in September."

Mr Kahn also had this to say about Fox Box, 4Kids' four hours of programming on Saturday mornings on the Fox Network, Kahn said, "We launched the 2003-2004 Fox Box season on September 6 with exciting new shows, including Shaman King and Sonic X(TM) as well as new episodes of returning shows Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!(TM) and Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy(TM). Season to date, this new line-up is rating higher than the comparable period last season."

"With Fox Box as our content distribution platform, 4Kids is well positioned to launch new properties. We also have the financial strength to support new and existing licensing programs," concluded Kahn.

Before you whine why I didn't put this in the Animation News folder, I want to ask something very disturbing.

Is 4Kids doing something right with their policies of edits, rewrites, name changes, and the like? Do they really know what the kids want? The faithful adaptations (.hack) are shunned and the edited CRAP is embraced. Is this the start of a new and very disturbing trend in the animation industry?
PostSun Nov 16, 2003 9:51 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I know nothing about 4Kids DVDs.
Do they release an edited and an uncut version like FUNi does, or is it edited only?
PostSun Nov 16, 2003 10:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Edits=Profits?!
Edited-only so far, to the best of my knowledge. It's 4Kids' choice. Lance Heiskell at FUNimation (4Kids' distributor) has said they'd love to distribute unedited DVD's for them, but 4Kids' isn't playing.

Beatdiggga wrote:
Is this the start of a new and very disturbing trend in the animation industry?

There's nothing new about it.
PostSun Nov 16, 2003 10:59 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
*grumbles something about animation news*

...fuck it.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 3:10 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Shocked what the hell?... spooky?... where'd you go?... hey, did anyone see spooky? he was just here a second ago...

Crying or Very sad

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 3:31 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
American audiences, even little kids, are different htan Japanese audiences. 4-Kids does what it needs to.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Nov 17, 2003 7:31 pm
wildarmsheero

Post subject:
I think this panel from Real Life should reflect my feelings on this issue.

PostMon Nov 17, 2003 8:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: