нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Toonami's Addiction to Censoring!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Toonami's Addiction to Censoring!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakOtaku

Post subject: Toonami's Addiction to Censoring!
OKEY ANSWER ME THIS!!! NOW!!
y does dumb a.s.s Toonami Sensor EVERYTHING!!!
Y don't they just warn you before the show starts like on comedy central????

Edit: The title was changed from all caps to normal type and the emoticons were removed by your friendly neighborhood mod, CP, so as to ensure that we all may keep our sanity.
PostMon May 19, 2003 5:33 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
5-second answer: Because CN has a semi-conscious ideal by trying to protect the youths from "objectionable material".

Real Answer: I'm not sure, someone here knows...

And welcome to the board n00b, you're n00bspeak is not welcome here. Please turn on your brain, or we will be forced to take severe actions on your behalf....Oh i'm sorry you probably don't know what we're saying 'cause we're not talkin in n00b like you are....so how about this...

G0 TeH FuK AwAYZ0rZ YUse SuKKES m@Jr BaDDD

Last edited by FinalDivineDragoon on Mon May 19, 2003 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
PostMon May 19, 2003 5:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
AH!!!!

SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS KILL IT!
PostMon May 19, 2003 5:41 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
AH!!!!

SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS KILL IT!

*smashes n00b's head in with a sledgehammer*Done.
PostMon May 19, 2003 5:50 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toonami has adult content and Adult Swim is aimed towards kids and teens. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Daikun on Thu May 22, 2003 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon May 19, 2003 8:08 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
FDD, I want to get mad at you for taking the mod's job, but that noobspeak line is just too damn funny. I cna't get mad at you.

The others, however . . . How many times must it be said: leave the flaming to the mods. We have SO TOTALLY had worse n00bs than this and you know it.

As for the censoring issure (if the person who started this topic even gets this far so as to read the answer), censroing is a necessity. Nonoe of you realize it, but it is needed more than we have it. It's something that I've come to realize. The problem comes in the fact that the wrong stuff is censored. In some senses, the right things are, but in others, the wrong things aren't. I'll explain when I'm in a more coherrent speaking mood.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon May 19, 2003 8:32 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
No we havn't....not in a long time.....

WE MUST SQUASH HIM BEFORE HE POSTS AGAIN!!!!!
PostMon May 19, 2003 9:01 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
No we havn't....not in a long time.....

WE MUST SQUASH HIM BEFORE HE POSTS AGAIN!!!!!

*smashes n00b with sledgehammer again* Why should mods have to have all the fun? CP, you have never seen a n00b as bad as ASPOLO. He was so bad, he made this n00b seem like Spook.
PostMon May 19, 2003 9:18 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Toonami's Addiction to Censoring!
WakOtaku wrote:
OKEY ANSWER ME THIS!!! NOW!!
y does dumb a.s.s Toonami Sensor EVERYTHING!!!
Y don't they just warn you before the show starts like on comedy central????

dumb a.s.s. toonami as you put it has to comply with the regulations the network puts on it and so edits, sorry, sesnsors the thing that do not comply with the company rules. "Y" you ask? Because they a) don't want to be sued because they want to appeal to the tween market and not piss off the soccer moms who happen to watch/'screen their kids shows.

"y" don't they just warn you? because that's not enough. southpark is never aired at 3 in the afternoon, never. SP actually has two warnings in front of it and parents still aren't happy. There could be warnings up the ass infront of a show but if somebody doesn't like it they'll complain anyway.

By the way dumb a.s.s. toonami is run by the same people who run the nearly uncut Adult Swim. I really don't think they are "sensor" happy and "sensor" everything. You're just being a whiney stupid inconsiderate ungrateful tiny microscopic brained troglodite of a wormfed son of a sow to realize just how inanely stupid this thread, rather your post, is. Now go away and never make a post like this again you intergalactic mental vacuum.

oh yeah and I forgot especially anime is cut not just for content but for time. Most anime series are longer than the time we give them in da americas (dunno about eurpoe). Most anime eps I've seen range between 25 and 30 minutes sometimes lasting up to 45. These have to be reduced to 20-25 minutes in length for them to fit into our "half hours" so sometimes the editors will remove a sequence if its not entirely nessecary to the plot; especially if there are hints/explanations of it later in the episode that don''t take up as much time. I won't say never when I say this but ALMOST nevir do they remove plot driven sequences or things other important things such as those. Usually if they do they edit the rest of the ep and sometimes the series to match their edits as so to cause as little confusion as possible.

there NOW edits, I'm sorry sensoring, is explained. biznatch.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!

Last edited by Spookmonkey on Mon May 19, 2003 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon May 19, 2003 9:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
The_Dragon_Master wrote:
*smashes n00b with sledgehammer again* Why should mods have to have all the fun? CP, you have never seen a n00b as bad as ASPOLO. He was so bad, he made this n00b seem like Spook.

and what the god damned hell do you mean by that?

PostMon May 19, 2003 9:45 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
DM, two things. a) ASPOLO makes this guy look good, right? Then why are you coming down so hard on him? And b) we are made mods because we show a sense of un-biased-ness, level-headed-ness, and responsibility. We have the ability and the authority to best help n00bs become good members, or to help prevent them from annoying the other members. That's why mods exist. You, DM, still exhibit certain n00b qualities. You do. I've told you before not to flame n00bs. Same with Daikun. FDD was at least clever about it. But even then it shouldn't have happened. You have to realize, as much as these people don't know how to converse online, they are still people. You can't make them feel dumber than rocks simply because they don't know any better.

Spook at least explained why censorship is needed,

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon May 19, 2003 9:49 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
damn skippy I did, I like the names I called him too.

I have to say this on the n00b flaming situation. If you can't think of anything creative or at least semioriginal don't do it. don't flame anyone for any reason if you can't do it with at least one of the those two things. Unless you do it in french. we established before that french is the native n00b language to its ok to flame them in it.

FDD's flame = humorous/imaginative and in so being good.

DM's flame = same old shit we've all seen/read before in the 30 billion fight threads even when they're not fight threads with nothing new or creative about it and in so being bad.

PostMon May 19, 2003 9:57 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs' Flame = Paraniod Schizophrenic with a tendency toward n00bphobia

Vous êtes des n00b et devriez être brûlés avec la pile comme le reste de la merde
PostTue May 20, 2003 1:23 pm
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
I feel sad for n00bs. No wait, never mind.
PostTue May 20, 2003 4:03 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thanks for the compliments guys, but in all actuality some of the credit should go to Zechs as he made me think up a n00bspeak line to put in. Most likely, this guy will never return, if he does I will be suprised. And, yes, ASPOLO was that bad, he spammed the MB begging to be banned, and Tyler erased all existence of him for that.
PostTue May 20, 2003 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: