нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - GRW UNCUT?!1111?//
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
GRW UNCUT?!1111?//
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
So you noticed that they didn't show that either, huh?
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 5:01 pm
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
You actually thought they would show those episodes uncut for a TV-Y7 audience?

I would have been more surprised if they actually were uncut.

Did I fall asleep or did they skip the Gigantor South Pole episode part 3?

They did skip part three but then they played it a little after 5:00 after they aried part four.
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 5:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
BebopDeathGod wrote:
They did skip part three but then they played it a little after 5:00 after they aried part four.
That was kind of dumb on CN's part. Add it to the list.

I also noticed they didn't show the blood on Shinji's hand after he tried to help Rei.

GASP! OH NO! BLOOD!! EEEEK!!! Kids have never seen blood in animation before and if they do they will recoil into a ball and have a mental breakdown.
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 5:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
*Doing that recoil-ball thingy right now*

But seriously, I think the boycott from demented evil overprotective moms would be bigger than our boycott for NGE being cut. Of course, my trusty 10-gauge says different...
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 6:25 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, it's so great not knowing what I'm missing. I actually LIKED both shows today. I guess not owning either has it's benifits, i.e. not flipping out because they cut something out. I thought both kicked major ass. And Gigantor is annoying.

And I'm guessing that they said that Gigantor and Lowbrow would air during commercial breaks, not INSTEAD of commercials. There is a huge difference, you know.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Feb 24, 2003 7:33 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I just got finished watching Nadesico, it was really funny... i'm going to have to just continue setting my VCR up to tape all week long. I hope this isn't a one time deal.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 12:57 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
I didn't think that GRW went too far with the edits. Obviously a lot of the humor in Nadesico is adult in nature, and I'm surprised that they even showed as much it as they did. Of course, if they didn't leave any of it in, the Nadesico episodes would have been waaaaaay shorter. What I thought was stupid was that they cut out Akito's line about burning the noodles (which is the whole joke when he spazzes out) so it ultimately makes no sense for the face-fault. Can anyone say "completely useless edit?" I've never watched the whole of Evangelion, but from what I've read and seen, I'm sure that if there's a just god in heaven, we won't be seeing it on Toonami again. Gigantor: phef. (It's old. Wwhat do you want?) Commercials: did you honestly think for one moment that the media industrial capitolist machine would grind to a halt for even 1 hour of programming on a "cable network for children?" (Crowd: BOOOOOO!!! HISSSSSSS!!!) All in all, GRW is shaping up to be exactly what I thought it would be: hype, hype, and more hype leading to watered-down versions of our favorite mecha *dodges garbage thrown by Eva fans* anime.

Evangelion Evangelist: Cain yoo smell-uh the dissapointment-ah, mah bruthas and-uh sistahs?
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 1:01 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
DIGIKINI ALERT!
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 4:41 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Something's been bugging me for a while now. A while ago I heard that ADV was on "rocky ground" with GAINAX. The result of this is Manga getting to do the Eva movies instead of ADV. Another result is we didn't get the added scenes for eps 21-24 and we won't get the remastered version either.

Anybody have any details about this? Like how ADV pissed off GAINAX and if they still hate each other, and if this is true at all?
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
"Gainax has released specific details of the "Renewal of Evangelion" Japanese home video release. All of the Evangelion animation will be re-released in a 10 disc DVD boxed set that contains the entire 26 episode TV series broadcast on Japanese television 7 years ago, the extended "director's cut" versions of episodes 21-24, and the final edits of the Death and End of Evangelion movies. The video footage will be entirely remastered to present the best looking Evangelion ever seen and will include 2.0 and 5.1 audio tracks. The new DVD set will also include 1 bonus disc of supplemental material featuring non-credit opening and ending, trailers, and a never before released "live action version of the film."

The Renewal of Evangelion DVD boxed set will be released in Japan on June 25th at a retail price of 39,800 yen. The individual DVDs will be released separately beginning in July.

As a sneak preview of the remastered re-release, Gainax will release a "Neon Genesis Evangelion 01 Test-Type" DVD on March 26th. This 30 minute DVD will retail for 1500 yen and include the remastered TV episode 1 and a new music video of "Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze."

That answers your 1st question. I found that a few weeks ago. But there is no word if this will released in the US. I really hope we get it. as for the rumor I doubt it is true. It just might be Manga grabbed the rights to the movies before ADV could. It's happened before.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 7:57 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
It just might be Manga grabbed the rights to the movies before ADV could. It's happened before.

Or Manga was willing to cough up the money necessary to acquire the rights, and ADV wasn't.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 9:08 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
thats true too.
PostTue Feb 25, 2003 9:59 pm
Force-Attuned_Krogoth

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why, oh WHY, must they show an edited Eva? It's SUPPOSED to be ugly, repulsive, scary, gruesome, etc. This fact becomes very important later on. I'm sorry, but 90-foot-tall biomechanoid thingies eating each other is not going to be pretty, no matter how many frames you remove. Also, blood comes out of living organisms when you rip their arms off! Are we supposed to believe that the Angels (and the Evas) run on Magic? BAH!
PostWed Feb 26, 2003 7:22 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
frickin hell! your complaining about the edits as if they're going to show the rest of the series. and by the way, ADV was quite pleased with the edits that CN made. They said so themselves.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 12:38 am
endy

Post subject:
wow cn fucks up...again.

I don't understand why toonami cant put it uncut and change the rating.. yeah maybe soccer moms will get pissed but hey its nto THEIR fault your letting your kid watch something thats TV14 of M rated huh?
PostThu Feb 27, 2003 7:55 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: