нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Which is better....G Gundam or Gundam Wing?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Which is better....G Gundam or Gundam Wing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Post subject:
for gw, of course, g gundam i hear was worse by far
PostThu Apr 08, 2004 3:05 am

Post subject:
Definentely Wing. G is weird.
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 7:08 pm
overdrive535

Frequenter

Post subject:
I think something is broken...

And GW rocks...
Plain and Simple...
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 12:19 pm
Duckking

Post subject:
Gundam Wing is the best gundam. It is better then G Gundam hands down
PostFri Apr 16, 2004 12:59 am
Frostillicus

Post subject:
I would have to say G Gundam was better because I saw it first and it was the first Gundam show I had seen beside the first episode of Gundam 0080. I know you all will say I'm wrong but a gundam tournament is just to awesome and the Shining Finger and Burning Finger were sooooooo frickin cool.

"This hand of mine burns with an awesome power, its loud roar tells me to defeat you" "SHINING FINGER"
PostSat May 22, 2004 7:13 pm
Irkan_Warrior

Frequenter

Post subject:
You obviously have to see some more Gundam. G Gundam had the worst plotline of the lot (excluding SD)
PostSat May 22, 2004 8:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
It boggles the mind to think I never posted in this topic...

I'm at least happy to see that GW is getting it's needed respect and that it's obvious superiority in terms of plot and animation have both been recognized. Yet the truth is they were two different shows developed for two different audiences. Gundam Wing was more of an adult show with each episode progressing or expanding the plot than trying to "teach a valuable life lesson." G Gundam was openly been admitted as a being a marketing ploy to get more younger kids interested in Gundam and to create more modeling kits, which G Gundam spawned hundreds of.

G obviously appeals to a younger audience with it's "power rangers" like presentation. The "ultimate finishing move" endings, the cut and paste story, and entirely weak art are the series's obvious flaws though these faults allow for a much quicker-paced, and action-filled series. Any series that has these elements is bound to be popular with young, male youth but in the long run people will simply look back and remember that what kept them watching was just that it was just "cool".

Gundam Wing is more of the typical military-drama the Gundam universe is famous for. Taking a page from one of the original Gundam story lines called Flanagan's Children about a group of children with enhanced, seemingly super-natural, abilities in the operation of mobile suits. Some people account for the plot holes within GW with the same old " it adds mystery" excuse, while others blatantly condemn the series' “weak writing�. Full of classic teenage angst and horrors of war the series was aimed at an older audience. For this reason it was GW that first pulled me into anime and showed me the clear differences in Japanese storytelling, and art. For it's time (~1995) the animation could be called fairly above average. G Gundam and Wing were both aired at directly after each other, with G's run starting in June 1994 and ending around March 1995. Gundam Wing premiered the following month until its final episode in March 1996. So the improved animation is not entirely due to the failures of the art dept, but the times that they were created.

Story, and pretty boys were the main focus of this new series following the marketing scheme of G. Bringing back more fans of the storytelling telling Gundam has to offer. Less over-the-top mobile suits (though still there) and more three dimensional characters helped to make this series shine. The music from Two-Mix, Rumi Onishi, the famed Ko Otani(Outlaw Star, Haibane Renmei, Wild Arms) all helped to create an amazing atmospere of drama and intensity. Art direction from Masaru Sato (Armitage III) and Yusuke Takeda (Blood: The Last Vampire). Classic Mech designs by Junya Ishigaki (Full Metal Alchemist, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne). They created the unforgettable images. Any anime lover can recall the fight in Antarctica, or the Final Descent of the space station Libra and Heero's defiance in the face of utter destruction.

Gundam Wing, while no longer claiming the title of most loved, still holds a high place in my anthology of greatness. Those who do not respect or understand it are fools.
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 6:17 pm
SouthernSlayer

Post subject:
GW is better by a mile. GG in my opinion cant even be called a Gundam show. It just plain sucked. GW hands down
Church: Umm...It was cold.
Caboose: Thats it? Just cold?
Church: What do you want from me? A poem? It's a planet made entirely out of ice...It's Rea
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 10:16 pm
Frostillicus

Post subject:
Gundam Wing: YAWN! It bores me. Talking and then more Talking.

G Gundam: One Word --- ACTION!
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 10:24 pm
SouthernSlayer

Post subject:
Yea Right the only reason GW has talking is that it has a good storyline but G gundam. Rolling Eyes words cant describe.
Church: Umm...It was cold.
Caboose: Thats it? Just cold?
Church: What do you want from me? A poem? It's a planet made entirely out of ice...It's Rea
PostSat Jun 05, 2004 10:29 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Frostillicus wrote:
Gundam Wing: YAWN! It bores me. Talking and then more Talking.

G Gundam: One Word --- ACTION!

Well thank you for exemplifying my thesis young man. You know it sort of pains me to think that there are those who can read something and utterly disregard every word in favor of their own opinion.

In other words. Fsck you.
PostTue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
It upsets me that somebody with the name Frostilicus can say something so ignorant. There used to be a medium that was composed of pure action with no dialogue or other boring things like plot or meaning. They're called cave paintings.

Whenever a new Gundam series comes on, I REALLY want to like it. I loved Gundam Wing, but other than 08th MS Team (a truly incredible anime, which I wish were brought back along with GW) I haven't really liked any other Gundam series, including the original MSG. I really wanted G Gundam to be good, but knew it woudln't be what it should have been. And, I was right, it was not. If there was a story, my mind must have blacked it out. It made DBGT look like GW. Two words: Tequila Gundam.
PostMon Jul 26, 2004 6:46 pm
just

Veteran

Post subject:
Ha!!! G Gundam is no worthy match for Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing is so much better!! The animation of Gundam Wing is over a million times better than G Gundam!!! (Hamtaro would get smashed!!) Very Happy
PostWed Oct 20, 2004 1:18 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
you keep killing old topics just, you murderer!
PostWed Oct 20, 2004 6:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: