нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Since when is S-CRY-ed so damn intense???
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Since when is S-CRY-ed so damn intense???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject: Since when is S-CRY-ed so damn intense???
So, I happened to catch AS last night for the first time in almsot 3 months.

Holy shit S-Cry-Ed had me on the edge of my seat. Just, hands down, intense. That's the only word I can think of for it. Just simply intense.

For one thing, I'm glad I saw this episode, as, if nothing else, I really wanted to know what Charise's (sp?) Alter was. And now we know. The only remaining question is, of course, how do you know you have an Alter that can do that if once you use your Alter, you die?

Either way, I'm left with nothing but a desire to see every episode I missed up until now, and every episode after. No idea how I will, but I will.

And lets not even talk about Samurai Champloo in here. Hot damn last night's episode was nothing short of gripping and dripping with style ooze.

Man, I love Cartoons.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 25, 2005 9:56 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
The last 2 or 3 episodes of s-CRY-ed were pretty damn good as well. You should have kept up with the [as] run.
PostFri Nov 25, 2005 11:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
s-CRY-ed has been a pleasant surprise and has become my most eagerly awaited show every Saturday as of late, even beating out Fullmetal Alchemist. I honestly pegged this show as just another DBZish clone early on, but have been simply absorbed for about the last ten episodes...

Here's hoping it can keep this positive vibe through to the end...

Last edited by JJc14 on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Nov 26, 2005 12:59 am
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
You should try reading the manga as well. I'm up to volume 2, and it takes an entirely different turn from the plot of the TV series.
PostSat Nov 26, 2005 5:21 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd like to rescind a portion of my previous sentiments. Last night's episode was just . . . well, felt like "Just another DBZ clone". I mean, I could see the whole "Armor covering more of Kazuma's body" from episode 1, and actually looked forward to it, but the armor was absurd, looked stupid, and the whole "How can I win? Oh, because THAT IS ALL I WANT! HA!" was kinda . . . a cop out.

*SIGH* Oh well. That one episode Thursday night . . . that was awesome.

PostSun Nov 27, 2005 8:21 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
While we're rescinding (is that even a word?) previous statements...
JJc14 wrote:
s-CRY-ed...has become my most eagerly awaited show every Saturday as of late, even beating out Fullmetal Alchemist.

Last night's FMA was perhaps one of the greatest half hours of television I've ever experienced. Hopefully all is forgiven...

But back on topic...
counterparadox wrote:
Last night's episode was just . . . well, felt like "Just another DBZ clone". I mean, I could see the whole "Armor covering more of Kazuma's body" from episode 1, and actually looked forward to it, but the armor was absurd, looked stupid, and the whole "How can I win? Oh, because THAT IS ALL I WANT! HA!" was kinda . . . a cop out.

I actually enjoyed most of it, but if I jumped into the series when you did, I'd probably have a similar reaction. When you get around to seeing the earlier episodes, you quickly realize that the show never really takes itself all too seriously, focusing more on raw emotion than on explaining the 'what' or 'why' of everything going on...

And besides, Cougar's still alive! That alone makes a good episode... =)
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 1:01 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll admit I didn't like Kazumas final Alter, but I found Ryu's to be pretty cool. Also I haven't really kept up AS's run of scryed, but I may have to watch the last 2 eps. The last 2 are some of my favorites in the series(but many disagree with me)

Last edited by Chibi_Zero on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostMon Nov 28, 2005 9:39 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok, I must at least agree, Cougar is awesome, and the fact that he is alive and kicking is super-awesome.

Also, I LIKED the episode, just not nearly as much as the one before it. I mean, I was addicted to DBZ lets not forget. For the longest time I was TDA's resident DBZ expert. So I liked it. It just didn't feel . . . "good".

PostMon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I think the final armor was a natural progression of his alter. If you see all the episodes you'd understand.

As for "Eternal Devote" it had a few uses, I'm guessing she knew that using its healing powers made her ill so bringing someone back from the brink would kill her.
PostWed Dec 07, 2005 9:55 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
I think the final armor was a natural progression of his alter. If you see all the episodes you'd understand.

Yeah I know. It still looked pretty stupid.
PostWed Dec 07, 2005 10:23 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Chibi_Zero wrote:
JKyle wrote:

Yeah I know. It still looked pretty stupid.
JKyle wrote:
Ryuho's alter always looked cooler, but I like Kazuma's. The left arm getting suited up was a great "Holy Shit!" moment.
PostThu Dec 08, 2005 5:12 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Just thought I'd point out how friggin AWESOME the finale was.
PostSun Jan 22, 2006 11:18 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
I finished reading the manga version earlier this month, and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Sure, it ended on a very good note, but the entire series was too full of fanservice (SPOILERnaked girl a few pages into the first volume, naked Mimori soon thereafter, naked Charice, and some female alter who pulls some part of her alter out of her panties as she's introducing herself!END SPOILER). It does have a SPOILER nice battle between Kazuma and Cougar SPOILER END towards the middle, but that's the only part that stood out.
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 1:21 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
Just thought I'd point out how friggin AWESOME the finale was.

Nice to see someone else enjoyed it. I can't think of a better note to end the show on. I mean we never really got to see a real fight between Kazuma and Ryuho, other then the 1st fight. Just about every other fight between them there was some interruption.
PostMon Jan 30, 2006 2:10 pm
Lamel2g

Post subject:
When I was watching the series I realized conomy kept calling kazuma kazacoon can does anyone know what kazacoon mean?
PostFri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: