нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - What is Kikaider
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
What is Kikaider
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: What is Kikaider
I did a search on the forums and only found it listed under the schedule. Whats the basic information for this series?

(last 2 lines deleted for clarity but it had to do with Tenchi and an automatic circumsizer)
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 6:29 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
Pics.

From what I can tell, I think it started off as a live-action show then later turned into an anime.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 1:57 pm
XenoSabre

Post subject:
i don't really know... but it'll be on Adult swim in a few weeks... i've heard of it before but I can't remember what its about.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 2:22 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
Just the anime is comming to Adult Swim, right? That top picture looks...weird.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 6:58 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Plot synopsis off of Bandai's website:

Quote:
The genius robotics professor, Dr. Komyoji has created Kikaider, a humanoid robot gifted with the ‘conscience circuit’ enabling Kikaider to simulate real emotions and distinguish between “right and wrong.” Can Dr. Komyoji’s children protect Kikaider from the darkness of evil? Can anyone stop the rampage of Dr. Gill and his army of androids? The fight against world domination lies in the hands of Kikaider.

We get the anime, not the '70's sentai show.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 9:07 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
What's sentai mean? Or do I want to know?
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 10:21 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's the genre of shows liek Godzilla or Power Rangers. Basically people dressed in suits that fight in model sized cities to appear larger.
PostSat Jun 07, 2003 11:36 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
Anyway, Kikader is an update of the old 70's sentai show, which was an update of the original 60's anime. Confused yet?

Anyway, the guy that made it was a student of the great Osamu Tesuka (the guy who made Astroboy)
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 6:26 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
So there are actually three serieses?
PostSun Jun 08, 2003 6:54 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
um... glad I asked?

Guess I will just need to watch it. So we have a show about a robot who thinks its human. And a cartoon that becomes a sentai then back to an anime. I followed along with that. Didnt ultraman go that route?
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 9:12 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wild_knight

Post subject:
i just watched the first episode and I'm confused. why the heck is this series on Adult Swim? it seems like when they did Gundam Wing uncut and just dropped in a few swear words to make it seem more "adult". swear words don't make a pseudo-picconico story suitable for Adult Swim. it would work just fine on Toonami minus the occasional damn. anyone else think so?
PostMon Jun 09, 2003 11:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
It does seem alot more suited for Toonami I agree. Well only time will tell. This series could have a few issues that kids couldn't deal with.

I didn't really care for the first ep. but hopefully it'll get better. Unlike Metropolis where the character designs really bugged me these seem alot more normal. Ozama Tezuka's style is very distinct and has a Disneyesqe timeless quality about it. Leiji Matsumoto is still my favorite of the old anime style though.

The classic style is more western influenced with many more rounded edges and simplistic designs. What makes it stand out is the level of detail they put into machinery even way back then. Towards the early 80's though the artisits started drawing more comtemporary. Using more realistic characters and highly detailed eyes and features.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:17 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
unlike in metropolis kikander sticks to one style, which is why it doesn't bug you and me.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 1:40 am
Rycel

Frequenter

Post subject:
Actually, the design reminds me of other 60s/70s anime, and what it would look like if it were cleared up and brightened.
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 2:22 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Rycel wrote:
Actually, the design reminds me of other 60s/70s anime, and what it would look like if it were cleared up and brightened.

I'm pretty sure that's this guys style, he definitly has a retro look about his work.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jun 10, 2003 12:25 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: