нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - No Teen Titan threads?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
No Teen Titan threads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Jason Todd never shows up in any of the cartoons, and I doubt he ever will. I haven't watched Return of the Joker in a while, but I really don't remember Bruce ever saying anything about any Robins after Tim Drake (but of course, if we want to add The Dark Knight Returns to the equation, there is a fourth Robin named Carrie, but we won't go there, it's too confusing).

Now, treating Tim Drake's run-in with the Joker the way they do, the cartoons were able to sort of "hint at" the tragedy that was Jason Todd, without having to "upset the kiddies" by killing anyone. Although, I will agree with you that the animated series' have treated Robin II just like Jason Todd, even giving him an almost identical origins. Of course, I say "almost" because even Jason Todd had two origin stories in the comics, his first one (the "orphaned circus performer") was deemed too similar to Dick Grayson's origin and was instead replaced with the second one (the "reckless street kid"). It's the second one that they used for the animated Tim Drake, which of course is different from Tim Drake's own comic book origin (which I summarized earlier).

But, in the end, the animated Tim Drake is not entirely Jason Todd, even though the studios try to give him a similar tragic end. It is my personal belief that the Robin appearing in Teen Titans is Tim Drake, a Tim Drake that seems to have matured a bit since he was last seen in the "Batman and Robin" cartoon, and who is showing more of the comic's Tim Drake's serious personality. Plus the Teen Titans' Robin uses Tim Drake's collapsable staff. It's not the "smoking gun", but it does tip the scale a little bit more toward the "Tim Drake" side of the argument.

Besides, with DC relaunching the Teen Titans title to include "Teen Titans", starring Robin III, as well as "Outsiders" starring Nightwing. So even DC seems to be "involuntarily" pointing out that the Robin that is the leader of this new Teen Titans team is the same one leading the animated Teen Titans, even if the chronology doesn't match up. But hell, since when has any cartoon based on a comic book ever been 100% true to the chronology (well, except for The Maxx, which you can practically read and watch on TV at the same time)?

Of course, it's just as well that they left Jason Todd out. He was a douche-bag anyway.

Embarassed did i say that out-loud?

Also, as for the whole Slade/Deathstroke thing, let me add that Cartoon Network wouldn't be very happy about having a guy named "Deathstroke the Terminator" in one of the shows they're gearing toward 8 year olds. Plus, Deathstroke's real name is Slade Wilson. It's just that easy.

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 4:00 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Yeah, thats what I heard but then I saw a preview where it said it was Jason Todd and a new band of heroes..I'm sorry I don't have alink to the preview or even if it is still around, but then I read that this took continuity..and this one does seem more like Tim Drake than the Tim Drake from the batman animated was. He was Jason todd in that series..he even has his origin...apparently being the sceond robin is never good lol..at least he shot the Joker and the whole deal in Batman Beyond where they said bruce did not want to endanger another young partner, he said the same thing when jason todd in the real dc universe died and then tim drake came along and became robin anyway..so that was what I was thinking...anyway...I am an avid titans fan and picked up the new issue yesterday and in the real universe robin, wonder girl and superboy go to check on their friend, impulse who is in the hospital and when they do I noticed it is microscopic but on the tv in the hospital, they have the cover to titans Go! number 1 the animated series comic on the screen.lol and Robin and Deathstroke (Slade) fought but I won't ruin the ending great stuff!
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 7:30 am
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
It matters little if the bat said anything...he said it before and the third one cam eabout, besides, this one looks nothing like the second one and to be perfectly honest, he acts nothing like the second one...I would be skeptical had I not saw the preview with the name Jason Todd on it....

http://www.toonamiinfolink.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=831&start=60
PostThu Oct 16, 2003 7:39 am
dragonA

Post subject:
Teen Titans is coming to Kids WB Nov. 1.
PostSat Oct 18, 2003 8:11 pm
CrimsonChristian

Post subject:
Will there be a new episode tomorrow night like it was originally planned? Thanks
PostMon Nov 10, 2003 8:55 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Reminder bump.

New episodes start tonight, at 9:00 PM.
PostSat Jan 10, 2004 12:10 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Alrighty, I gotta try and remember to be home for that. By that I mean if I'm home I might remember to leave the tv on.
PostSat Jan 10, 2004 12:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
You could just remember to set your recorder before you go out. Wink
PostSat Jan 10, 2004 1:29 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have everything but the blank tapes to do that too.
PostSat Jan 10, 2004 3:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonicboom1

Post subject:
After last night's TT..it is official, the Robin of TT is Richard "Dick" Grayson.

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

"..Then you break my video game,
Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 6:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Was he identified by name?
Just having "Robin" grow up to become "Nightwing", by itself, proves nothing.
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 7:14 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
Well, I may not be a militant comic buff, but I'm not sure Tim Drake becomes Nightwing. I am thinking of Return of the Joker....

- 'Till the sun rises on a world without Toonami, we remain the first and still the best. ONLY Toonami.

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 7:26 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I understand, but I don't think we've ruled out the possibility of TT being in an alternate universe yet.
And then there's the time-paradox to consider...
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 7:56 pm
sonicboom1

Post subject:
You make a good point, but I figured that TT was in the same universe(DCU)....mainly because Terra will be in the second season(or Season I-2 or what ever....)

Uh, that was you.
I'm on a roll here"

-Megas XLR
PostSun Jan 11, 2004 8:18 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
While it seems very likely now that this Robin is a much younger Dick Grayson, something still gnaws at me while watching Saturday's episode. I mean, sure, we all know "Robin I" is the one who became Nightwing in the comics, but there are a couple of things to consider:

1) The cartoon's chronology is already f*cked up to begin with, since this "classic" Titans team (Raven, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast-Boy) started after Dick had already become Nightwing in the comics.

2) The "future" seen by Starfire was a possible alternate future, which does not rule out a possibility that that future was one where everything got so f*cked up that Tim Drake had to take on the mantle of Nightwing instead of Dick.

3) We still haven't seen, or ever will, and signs of this Robin's relationship with the big guy in the cape and cowl...

4) This Robin is styled much more on the Tim Drake costume as well as the various impliments (such as his retractable staff) used... although this can easily be an instance of taking something good from one character (Tim) and putting it into another (Dick) just because it works to update the character.

So, after all that confusing crap, I suppose the only real logical step to take is to simply believe that this Robin is an amalgamation of both Robins... or possibly even all three...

So, let me officially dub the new Robin... Dick Drake! No, wait, that sucks... um, how about Tim Todd! No, that's even worse... Jason Grayson!... Holy shit, that's terrible!...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostMon Jan 12, 2004 1:58 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: