нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Blue Gender... more mecha makes its way to AS
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Blue Gender... more mecha makes its way to AS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wild_knight

Post subject:
Its been buggin me(no pun intended....well, maybe just a little bit) trying to figure out this whole sleeper plot thing is. I have been unable to really come up with a good guess. The only thing I could really piece together is using the sleepers for some kind of plan no normal person would do. Since they have no idea what has happened, the sleepers could be easily manipulated to performing whatever the military wanted.

Anyone else that hasn't already seen the show got any ideas? And if you have, please don't post it. I really would like to find out from the show.
PostMon Aug 25, 2003 11:07 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
my parents are still rampagin i missed last night's ep. summary anyone please! even a generic non-detailed bit.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 4:49 pm
wild_knight

Post subject:
Marlene was thrown in her room and locked there. When the guards came back in to take her to her superiors she knocked them out and went off in search of Yuji. She stole someone's ID card and used it to access the computer and find out where Yuji was taken. She learned he was on another station, a military one and was taken there by one of the council members(i think, could be wrong though). She stole a shuttle and rode it to the other station. Before it landed, she set it for auto and jetted out of it in a space suit and entered from a hatch. Marlene then stole a medical uniform and found the person that took Yuji. She used his access codes to find out exactly where he was. All this time guards are after her and she's scrabling to get to Yuji before she is captured. Right when she gets to the door Yuji is behind, the stolen ID card is locked out of the system and won't let her in. The guards corner her at the door and her training instructor slugges Marlene in the stomach for her actions. Marlene leans against the door and just as she is about to be dragged off, the door opens enough for her to fall in and then locks again. In the room are a couple of guards and scientists, and Yuji in what looks like and armor Shrike simulator. She takes out the guards and calls out to Yuji, and he opens his eyes and looks at her.

Thats pretty much where the episode left off. It looks like today we find out what they were doing to Yuji and the other sleepers and Yuji forces the council to let Marlene off and work with him otherwise he won't do whatever they wanted him to do.
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 6:29 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
thanks a lot, but it probably does me no good. My Blue Gender watching chances look like slim to none from now on. Let's hope for the best.

Peace
PostTue Aug 26, 2003 11:31 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Does anyone else think it's odd that Yuji, who is in SO MUCH of a need of a cure for his state of being TERMINALLY ILL that he was frozen because they couldn't spare another moment, is so active and has not shown any inkling of a disease? Not a hint of a disease. Not a cough, a sneeze. Hell, not even a runny nose. Am I the only one that thinks that odd?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 8:57 am
wild_knight

Post subject:
If you saw wednesday night's episode, you'd know exactly what he had and why he's not affected by it.

After Thursday's episode:

I just had some random thoughts about blue gender I wanted to put down while their still fresh.

-Tony is creepy. Also isn't his voice the same as Hei-ay's(sword weilding demon from YU YU Hakashu)?

-Another thing with the voice actors: Isn't the guy that has the hots for Marlene voiced by the guy that did Goku? Im not entirely sure and only a couple of times did it sound like the higher pitched Goku voice popped up.

-Too many times in blue gender they let the ambient sound or music drown out the voices.

-Why God why is there a child piloting an armor shrike?!?!? Is there some kind of Japaneese law that states: if there is mech, there also must be annoying kids.

-How old is she anyway? Anime always seems to make kids(girls especially) look older than they say they are. To me she looks like maybe 16, but is probably 14.

-I was going to rant about the TV rating blue gender got before i saw tonight's episode. It was rated TV14/S. In case you don't know the S means specifically for sexuality. Up until tonight almost every trace of it has been cut from this show. When i saw the scene where one couple was going at it my jaw hit the floor. Granted it was about a 2 second flash of them, and nothing you don't see on primetime TV, but in retrospect I don't think they could have cut that little bit out. If they had the scene would have made no sense at all.

Anyways thats all for tonight. More ranting to follow later.
PostWed Aug 27, 2003 7:45 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
OK..I missed Wensdays Eps...I went to a party and my VCR didnt recored it like I programed it too Mad
So could someone fill me in on what happen? Question

Thats what it is all about!
PostThu Aug 28, 2003 7:55 am
wild_knight

Post subject:
Well, since i seem to have seem to have become the un-official episode lister, ill fill you in (again Rolling Eyes )

It starts out in an armor shrike simulation. Marlene, Yuji, and that little girl Alicia(i think thats her name) were each in thier own suits. Marlene and Yuji are working together very well, and Alicia is distracted watching them work so well. Then it cuts to Alicia taking a shower and see sees Marlene going in for one. Alicia feels Marlene's back and comments on how soft her skin was. Marlene gets out and goes to get dressed. Alicia asks a bunch of questions about Marlene and Yuji. She blows off most her questions says their is nothing going on with her and Yuji. She leaves and Alicia makes a comment about if Marlene doesn't want Yuji, she'll take him.
It cuts to Yuji looking at their new armor shrikes, and he sees Tony running checks on his. He tries to chat with him but he is very cold. He comments on how he doesn't trust anybody(which is why he is doing matience on his own armor shrike) and how his past life is dead. Yuji goes to his room to lay down, but Alicia shows up and makes him come with her.
Marlene is then working out and the one guy that was with Alicia on Wednesday makes a pass at Marlene. She leaves the gym and he follows. As she's leaving she sees Alicia dragging Yuji off somewhere.
Alicia takes Yuji down to the matience levels and she is trying to find a certian place. She tells him to hurry because there isn't a lot of time. Along the way they see a couple getting it on(only a couple of seconds, but my jaw hit the floor anyways, cause of all the edits so far) There is a quick flashback to Marlene and that one guy. He is trying to get into her pants, but she thinks about Yuji and leaves him.
When she leaves she sees Tony and follows him. He goes into a room and Marlene goes after him. It seems empty and there is one computer on. It has genetic data on all of the sleepers. Tony then pops up and Marlene asks him what he's doing. He says he's just checking up on them but the most interesting stuff is encrypted. An alarm goes off and Marlene jumps out of the room before it is sealed off, but Tony just stands there. She takes off down to the matience levels so the security guards don't find her.
When the alarm tripped, automated lasars activated and Yuji and Alicia get seperated(is very dark down there). Yuji stumbles around until he bumps into someone. He thinks its Alicia, but its actually Marlene. She asks him why he's down here with her and he doesn't quite know what to say. He then asks her why she's here and she pretty much has the same response as Yuji. They go off together and come to an external window. It shows earth and as they watch, the sun rises over the planet. Marlene says this view only happens about once a month. Yuji figures this is what Alicia wanted him to see. As they watch, their communicators go off. It is a summon for a meeting. Yuji is about to leave but Marlene grabs his hand and asks him to wait and stay with her for a little while longer. Then it cuts to Alicia watching the sunrise alone from a different viewport.
PostThu Aug 28, 2003 6:02 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
that was a very detailed summary, If i can call it that. Razz

peace
PostThu Aug 28, 2003 11:49 pm
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
wild_knight wrote:
I just had some random thoughts about blue gender I wanted to put down while their still fresh.

-Tony is creepy. Also isn't his voice the same as Hei-ay's(sword weilding demon from YU YU Hakashu)?

-Another thing with the voice actors: Isn't the guy that has the hots for Marlene voiced by the guy that did Goku? Im not entirely sure and only a couple of times did it sound like the higher pitched Goku voice popped up.

First, his name is Hiei.

Second, yes, Tony is creepy. And if you read the episode synopses at adultswim.com, you'll see that he has his own agenda...

As for the voices, it wouldn't be surprising. DBZ, Yu Yu, and Blue Gender are all localized by Funimation, who has been doing all their voice work inhouse for a few years now. They don't have a big stable of VAs, so you're bound to hear some recognizable voices. Matter of fact, that was one of the initial observations by the Williams Street gang (along with the alien crotch-mouth comment...)

wild_knight wrote:
-Too many times in blue gender they let the ambient sound or music drown out the voices.

Time to beat the Foley artist...

wild_knight wrote:
-Why God why is there a child piloting an armor shrike?!?!? Is there some kind of Japaneese law that states: if there is mech, there also must be annoying kids.

While the kid piloting advanced mecha is an anime cliche, in this case, there's a legitimate reason. Since the B-Cell Shrikes require a Sleeper to operate properly, and Sleepers are rare, any Sleeper is a military asset. As the commander pointed out, age and gender are meaningless when the resource is so rare.

wild_knight wrote:
-How old is she anyway? Anime always seems to make kids(girls especially) look older than they say they are. To me she looks like maybe 16, but is probably 14.

Not sure. I'd bet that they'll bump her age up for the US, though.

wild_knight wrote:
-I was going to rant about the TV rating blue gender got before i saw tonight's episode. It was rated TV14/S. In case you don't know the S means specifically for sexuality. Up until tonight almost every trace of it has been cut from this show. When i saw the scene where one couple was going at it my jaw hit the floor. Granted it was about a 2 second flash of them, and nothing you don't see on primetime TV, but in retrospect I don't think they could have cut that little bit out. If they had the scene would have made no sense at all.

Well, Funi is sort of new to the AS world (their prior two series being edited more for Toonami), so they're learning.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 2:39 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
1.All the guesses about the VAs are right. I've read the bios on all the DVDs. The Principal from YuYu is the asshole in charge of the council.

2.I don't mind the kid b/c she's voiced by Lisa Ortiz. Lisa Ortiz getting work=good.

3.Funi has no excuse for BG's awkward editing. Hakusho was on there before, so this isn't their first time on Adult Swim. You'd think they'd learn from cutting out of all Yusuke's lechery that unexplained gaps between events don't work. And don't tell me they can't have lechery, last time I checked Miroku was stil a cast member on Ol' Dog Ears' show.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 5:37 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Hey..does anyone else see how BG kind of relates to gundam?

Sleepers are almost like New Types.

Both able to pilot a mech better than the avrage soldier. Cool
Ah, I bet no one thought of that.

Thats what it is all about!
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 11:49 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Question: Why wasn't that young girl sleeper given a super cool shrike like Yuji and Tony? If the answer comes up in the future episodes, then don't tell. But wouldn't their chances of victory increase if she had one too?

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 2:10 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I don't think this is too much of a spoiler, so I'll say it. Basically she's not good enough to warrant a better suit. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's a stretch to just say she sucks and she's only out there in case her ""disease" kicks in and makes her a super warrior.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 3:22 pm
The_Dragon_Master

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
Since the B-Cell Shrikes require a Sleeper to operate properly

Didn't Marline pilot one of the new Shrikes?

counterparadox wrote:
Question: Why wasn't that young girl sleeper given a super cool shrike like Yuji and Tony? If the answer comes up in the future episodes, then don't tell. But wouldn't their chances of victory increase if she had one too?

Maybe she didn't test well enough on the simulations to get one. Or maybe there weren't enough to go around. Another posibility could be so you could tell them apart, because Marline's Shrike looked different from Yuji's.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 3:26 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: