нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keimanandkei

Post subject: Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
Razz Looks like Tom Hanks will interview/be interwiewed by Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends tonight. Probably after the debut of Hi Hi PuffyAmiYumi. Hope he talks about Polar Express (his newest film) which could (along with The Incredibles) give Ghost in the Shell 2 a run for its money in the animated film Oscar races. Polar is the first real movie by Disney (the Michael Eisner era) since Walt's passing that looks halfway decent. We don't like Tom as a rule but this time he looks cool as the conductor of the Polar Express to the North Pole.

Don't miss Puffy's new show although it only has four eps so far. Ami is done by Janice Kawaye and Yumi is done by Grey DeLisle (Mandy on Grim). Jan is best known as a game voice. The real Ami/Yumi duo will do the singing voices of course. But Yumi has a little English while Ami has next to none. Love them on the Teen Titans.

Do not miss Ghost/Shell-Stand Alone Complex, Full metal Alchemist, Inu Yasha and Bebop on Saturday's AS.

Do not miss tonight's 4 eps of Fist/North Star at midnight on StarzAction.

More soon-see ya-K&K
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 1:08 pm
gfpaperboy22

Loser

Post subject:
Hey! what happened to "Dont miss tonights FUCKING AWSOME EPISODE OF GUNDAM SEED!"

Forget everything else, if you've made it this far in gundam seed, tonight, your patientice will be rewarded.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 2:12 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Tom Hanks on Fridays tonight
keimanandkei wrote:
Hope he talks about Polar Express (his newest film) which could (along with The Incredibles) give Ghost in the Shell 2 a run for its money in the animated film Oscar races.

GitS: Innocence won't even be nominated, I'd wager.

Quote:
Polar is the first real movie by Disney (the Michael Eisner era) since Walt's passing that looks halfway decent. We don't like Tom as a rule but this time he looks cool as the conductor of the Polar Express to the North Pole.

Polar Express is NOT a Disney movie! Mad
It's released through Warner Brothers.
Even Disney would never approve of animation that looked like THAT. Blech.

That the trouble with the American market. If it's animated, then it HAS to be a Disney film, doesn't it? Rolling Eyes

late, snide P.S.- PuffyAmiYumi doesn't premiere until next week.

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 3:14 pm
keimanandkei

Post subject: GS2 in the Oscar Race
Shocked Sorry about this but GS2 not even nominated! This film has already won in Seattle and Cannes Film Festivals. It is the only one that even makes sense so it will probably lose! Seems all Hollywood awards are cartoons like Shrek, Nemo, the usual crap! See ya soon-K&K
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 3:19 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: GS2 in the Oscar Race
keimanandkei wrote:
This film has already won in Seattle and Cannes Film Festivals.

It didn't win anything at Cannes.
keimanandkei wrote:
Seems all Hollywood awards are cartoons like Shrek, Nemo, the usual crap! See ya soon-K&K

Your turn, Andro. Wink
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 3:22 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you Nobu.

Ok, first off, Oscar nominations... AGAIN.

The Incredibles
Shrek 2
Shark Tale
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Home on the Range
Teacher's Pet
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Clifford's Really Big Movie
Sky Blue
The Legend of Buddha
The Polar Express

Notice the ones in bold? Now shut up. Which film won the award last year? Right, SPIRITED AWAY. shut the fuck up if you have nothing good to add. As for what came from what studio it's actually pretty damn balanced, only 2 came from Disney, 1 from Pixar, 2 from Dreamworks, 1 from Warner Bros, 1 from Nick/Viacom, and I'm not to sure who brought us Clifford. I know your complaint is that anime is never featued in the Oscar's but yeah that's a lie. They are, they have, they will be. Remember this though THIS COUNTRY ISN'T JAPAN. Just because you, a remote insignifigant speck on american popculture believes that anime is superior, doesn't mean that 99% of the rest of the country feels the same way, instead of fighting to get anime pushed to the forfront why not push for animation in general to be viewed as a viable source of entertainment for people of all ages and that it's not just for kids. I know anime has more going for it in that direction but that's the thing. It's from japan. It wil never be properly suited for american audiences. Ever. There are just to many limitations to it. Ok, I've finished my rant for all I'm concerned.

I'll leave you with this. People like you can go to hell. You can go to hell and die.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
A bit hostile today are we? Is it that time of the month Andro?

Guy with the two K's in his name- If you were ranting about how bad things like Teacher's Pet are, or how bad that Spongebob thing are going to be, that'd be okay. But really... Calling Shrek crap?
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 6:11 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
gfpaperboy22 wrote:
Hey! what happened to "Dont miss tonights FUCKING AWSOME EPISODE OF GUNDAM SEED!"

Forget everything else, if you've made it this far in gundam seed, tonight, your patientice will be rewarded.

yay, I love tonights/tomorrows ep. Might read Astray vol 2 after it...
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 6:31 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
AdmiralGreer wrote:
A bit hostile today are we?

To my credit it's been a while since I had that rant. As for the hostility of it I say this: Meh.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 7:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
And besides, Shrek is anything BUT crap. Shrek is liquid goodness. Goodness the likes of which should be likened to what it would be like to drink gold if gold were liquid and tasted really really really really freaking good.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 8:54 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
I HATED Finding Nemo, first of all, just to get that out of the way. Shrek 2, however, was brilliant, even better than the first. Polar Express looks like crap, and from what I've heard, well, it's crap. My critiques of the Oscar nominations:

Incredibles: Great movie, brilliant action, dialogue, and perfect voice acting (Jason Lee, oddly, makes a great villain) marred only by the bizarre wave of random applause I started by clapping like mad after the Episode III trailer...but that's a long story.

Shrek 2: Surprisingly funny, with brilliantly random bits of humor that you almost have to see twice to take in...even better than the first.

The Next Four: OK, not to judge, but if there were nearly as many animated movies as traditional features, these would be laughed out of the Shrine Auditorium.

GITS 2: It's an anime. Yippee.

Ummm, yeah...: Huh? See the critiques of the four other embarassments.

Haven't heard of it...

Again, haven't heard of it...

Polar Express: Again, not to judge, but crap crap crap crap crap crap.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 9:37 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Andromaton wrote:
Ok, first off, Oscar nominations... AGAIN.

The Incredibles
Shrek 2
Shark Tale
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Home on the Range
Teacher's Pet
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Clifford's Really Big Movie
Sky Blue
The Legend of Buddha
The Polar Express

Just as a point of order, these films are eligible for nomination, not the actual nominees.
There can be only 3, and I don't think GitS will make the cut.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 9:44 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
I think it's four or five, not three, even for animated dmovies.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 9:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
I think it's four or five, not three, even for animated dmovies.

Nope, it'll be three according to the rules, which were stated in Andro's post in the "news" thread:
Quote:
The Academy has an eight-16 rule for animation features: For there to be a category with three nominations, eight features must open within a given year. For five nominations, there must be 16 or more. The Academy's executive committee of the short films/feature animation branch declared these 11 eligible. That panel technically has the right to state that there will be no category this year, but it is expected to recommend to the board of governors on Dec. 14 that the award be given. Oscar nominations will be announced Jan. 25, and winners will be unveiled Feb. 27.

There were only three nominees when "Shrek" won the first one, and last year. when "Nemo" won.
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 9:52 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Oh that's just plain wrong lol
PostFri Nov 12, 2004 9:57 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: