нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Trigun!!!! the thread.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Trigun!!!! the thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Of course there is:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/columns/edit-list.php
All of Kyle Pope's edit lists.
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 5:59 pm
BebopDeathGod

Post subject:
This is a very good site run by Fata Morgana of JazzMesswww.sandyplanet.com
PostTue Jul 15, 2003 8:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Any scene featuring a gun stuck in someone's mouth.

Any killing blow.
PostWed Jul 16, 2003 12:16 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
I watched Trigun the other night. I havent really been watching since i've already seen the series, but i found the dub pretty well done. That is all..

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Jul 18, 2003 1:46 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Before I ever watched the series, I was kind of expecting it to be like an OLD WESTERN version of Cowboy Bebop(still best series ever). But man Im glad I was wrong. I love the humor in the show. Comdy Anime at its best.

Thats what it is all about!
PostSat Jul 19, 2003 11:12 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm a mod, I'm allowed to bring back dead threads . . .

Ok, I FINALLY say the series (though I missed eps 9, 10, and 21. (21 was my brotehr's fault. I blame him.)

Anyway, the only question that I'm REALLY left with is WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS A PLANT AND WHAT DOES IT DO AND WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?
Other than that, I think Wolfwood's deathscene is moving and well done (though I don't like how it's BECAUSE of the way Vash changed him that he dies). And I loved the last episode. Didn't think it lacked anything. What a final fight. The only thing it was missing was Vash's theme song (I dl'ed if off Kazaa. I'm hooked on that song.)

And yeah, that's all I have to say at the moment.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 8:44 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
THe Plants are the main source of power for the old space ships and the transformed them to power the citys, and there some kind of biological power source and Vash and Knive has a way of talking to them.

As far as from where Vash and Knives came from, well be for I saw that one eps, I used to think that the crew on the SEED created them. More than likly they are the children of an advaced alien race. They where probably abbandon.

Oh ONE MORE THING
CN cut out the ending where it shows Vash brining back Knives and you see Milly and Marial

Thats what it is all about!
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 9:59 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Wolfwood didn't die because he wouldn't kill, Wolfwood died to pay for his sins. No more, no less. The series tends to believe Vash's Ghandi like philisophy is always right in the end. Though I'm more inclined to go for Wolfwood's Willaim Munny solutions.

P.S. Vash and Knives aren't aliens. They're plants, outside the containers/might-be universes that the other plants live in. They might be part human. I dunno.
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 12:10 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
The fairy plants. Vash and Nails are two of the people "Who live between time" and age very slowly. They are whatever alien race lives in those plants.

At least once you see the humanoid form in the fairy plant when one is failing. And multiple times Vash makes comments to or about them. One is where he pours the bottle of liquor over the balcony while looking at one and says "This is for you". Another time is when ones about break open and he says "I'll take care of you "and might have even called it brother.

So in short the fairy plants are alien creatures that create the energy the ships and cities (Where the plants come from. Which is why they are referred to as ancient technology) come from.

I'm still not sure about the ending. I didnt want to see wolfwood die. He died for his sins. But you really need to feel guilty for the orphanage that he left behind and no one mentions again. I'm happy the good guy lived through the ending but I really don't know if that felt like closer.

To me Trigun was one of the better animes I had ever watched. I cared about the characters. I was happy when Millie finally got Wolfwood and actually cried when he died right after it.

Since its a manga what are the chances we will see a second season?
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 8:41 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
See, the impression I got is that the Plants create/gather/purify water. 3 reasons for this. First, in the last ep, where they show Vash and Knives looking on at hte remnants of civilization, they look on as the people are rationing off water. Knives does something and one of the plants almost blows up and everyone is concerned. At that moment, no one really needs electricity (if, in fact, the plants gather water and such.)

Second, when they show Vash's and Knives' origin, Knives says "Don't worry, I saved the ship with the plants." Now, if Knives was concerend about EVERY plant, as I do believe that he was, he would find a way to kill the humans, but no plants. Seeing as how there was one ship carrying the plants, I don't know that they were used for electricity . . .

Third, at the very end of Trigun, when Vash wins, the well back in the middle of town explodes with water.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, and there WERE a few episodes that I missed, but it just seems like the plants deal out water, which is SUPER necissary on that planet they landed on.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 9:13 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Just a guess again,

But the plants ran the machinery to purify the water. The ships had the supply of water on them. A couple episodes show people getting water from the ships.

And Nails Oasis was showing his control over nature I believe. With him dead the planet was allowed to do what it wanted again.

Although

Episode 2 or 3 has a water farmer. Who is hoarding water from an underground well.
PostWed Aug 13, 2003 9:16 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: