нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - BIG O Season two Discussion- SPOILERS!!!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
BIG O Season two Discussion- SPOILERS!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wheres the truffle pig to tell us who owns the rights to the shows now.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Wheres the truffle pig to tell us who owns the rights to the shows now.

Bandai.
And they'd rather push SEED-related products, D.I.C.E., Power Rangers, Teen Titans and coming soon- IGPX and Eureka 7. Wink
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 7:40 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Crap oh well it was a thought at least. Any chance TechTV.. I mean G4 might get a Gundam?

Ok just a general question then. Has there been a new macross series lately? The last i remember, though didnt see, is Macross 7
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 7:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't you mean ZDTV? Wink
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 7:56 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Ok just a general question then. Has there been a new macross series lately? The last i remember, though didnt see, is Macross 7

Macross Zero is the latest. Good eye-candy, but a bitter aftertaste... Sad
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Now theres a strange review. Really that bad of an ending?
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:15 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
I wasn't impressed with the narrative flow, I didn't think it fit the story told up to that point.
Kind of like Big O. Wink

But to be fair, I'm damn picky. There haven't been many anime endings that I've really liked.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:35 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ok well Im getting a fansub of ep1 to check it out. So i'll be curious to see what its like. I just dont want to see another Minmei.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 8:38 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
But to be fair, I'm damn picky.

After further review, I'll have to fall back to this position. It's not nearly as bad as I made it out to be, but it's still annoying. Razz
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 9:22 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh it is truly annoying to constantly watch a series and see the hero die.
Or to watch a series with some lame ass ending that makes you go WTF?
Or to watch a series that leaves 400 plot points open
Or to watch a series that has an extra sequel it shouldnt (coughimlookingatyouGTcough)
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 10:24 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Oh it is truly annoying to constantly watch a series and see the hero die.
Or to watch a series with some lame ass ending that makes you go WTF?
Or to watch a series that leaves 400 plot points open
Or to watch a series that has an extra sequel it shouldnt (coughimlookingatyouGTcough)

To be fair, GT was not the creator's fault. And I thought Bebop's ending was good. To be fair.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 10:35 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Bebops ending was good. Trigun's ending leads it into a second season. It had a good boss battle to end it.

There are good anime endings. Heck FLCL had a decent ending if i remember right. Might need to get drunk to rewatch though.

But im looking right at you Neon Genesis! Im looking over your shoulder FMA. Your the offenders here. And Big O... Man if i had a mech i'd kick your sorry trainlooking ass for season 2. Although seaon 1 ended really nicely on a cliffhanger. And for two years ep 13 looked like it was the last episode of the series.

FMA will make up for its ending with season 3. NGE has (although i havent seen them and i know you havent seen the series at all) made up for ep26 with the movies. Bebop still needs to spawn the Jet prequel thats usually mentioned by us fanbois.

But a lot of the animes i have seen seem to want to kill off the Hero. Or in the case of Samurai Champloo (remember no spoilers since this is still running on CN) try so hard to make sure that nothing bad happens at the end. To kinda ruin the fun of the rest of the series. Although in Samurai Champloo's case, unlike NGE, you need to watch the final episode to tie up the plot. With Neon Genesis you can watch to 25 and stop there and not miss anything.

Im just wandering why the heck the japanese love to kill off the hero of an anime so much.
PostWed Jun 29, 2005 10:51 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
A better question might be, Why are American makers so reluctant to kill off a main character? In Beast Wars, FMA, and Bebop, the most touching, deep, meaningful, and awesome episodes are the ones in which a main character dies. These are also my least favorite episodes (In the case of FMA, this ep is my sceond-least favorite, as the last episode is my least favorite (what's this about a season three???)) But anything that can be simultaneiously my most favorite and least favorite HAS to be good. There isn't enough tragedy in American stuff, and there's too much in Japanese. Tragedy happens. IT makes things more realistic. But there are some characters that just shouldn't die . . .

PostThu Jun 30, 2005 12:31 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Im going to assume there making a FMA season 3. Because in all our "Im a bigger Otaku then you are" threads they all list FMA as being 52 episodes.

I agree about the death in FMA being a problem. You built this character up. You gave him a real life, a family, you made him likable. Then he is just killed off without really any reason. It does change the feel for the rest of that season though. It sets the tone for where it went.

Why are american series so reluctant. Well because if you kill off a main character you can't have a sequel. Killing off a secondary character can keep things moving. Really im countradicting what i said about Transformers. Because what I liked so much about the first half of the movie was the damage. You fired a high powered weapon at an opposite target they took damage. Then kill off all the characters who are not returning.

But yes a good argument.
PostThu Jun 30, 2005 12:52 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I think you minorly misunderstood me. I LIKED what they did in FMA.

Just not while I was watching it. While I was watching it, I was like "....YOU BASTARDS! WTF DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!"

But thinking back, it added such a great dimension to the series. And the death WAS believeable. Not some cop-out "We have to kill him off. Have a piano drop on his head." No, he went utilizing the skills we knew he had, and then some. It was a death the way a death should be.

But it still sucked.

And yet, it was also so awesome.

There shall be an FMA movie. It's supposed to be out in Japan around now. Supposed to take place 2 years after the series ends, but some of the screen shots from it make me question that.

PostThu Jun 30, 2005 4:06 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: