нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - in need of a good new anime
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
in need of a good new anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject: in need of a good new anime
I have watched sooo much anime, that I feel like I have depeleted a good portion of the good anime out there, I know I have not depleted them all, because I never actually finished a few good ones such as blood +, monster, and NHK, Ouran ect....and some others, but I have def. watched over 150+titles...I think, I was never able to finish trinity blood and never saw the last episodes of samurai champloo or samurai seven

I would go to a random anime blogg, but they think every anime is good or bad depending on which blogg you go to, so I come here asking for some advice and suggestions.

I am in need of some good anime, bleach and naruto shippuuden are there, but they aren't enough right now. Bleach is amazing, and naruto just is not up to par with what I hoped it was going to be, the fighting is slow and anticlimactic and really just sucks....nd really this season of naruto is all about fights and very important fights(not going to spoil anything) but they are important...considering they had over 2 years to get it down pat is a real disappointment. They did a muich better job with the original, not that I am complaining though, I can always just go back to the manga if I get too frustrated with the anime.

I started stellvia the universe the other day, but I hear that only gets good towards the middle. And I hear infinite ryvius is really good, but I can only find torrents for that...and on campus I only will risk downloading bleach and naruto...and bit-torrent is really slow on campus because the connection is terrible.

SOOOO back to the main point....Anyone suggest some good anime?? I have felt deprived of good anime the past two seasons because the stuff they released just were not as good as the past series.

In past years they would always have at least two good series. One year was chrno crusades and FMA another was Gundam Seed and mai Hime or Otome...and through out that you always had your bleach or naruto to back them up...that is just a few examples off the top of my head...this year is nothing. The year that you have BOTH anime's to back some good series, there are no good series out...I am not really a fan of school rumble, and I hear the rewrite of kanon is good, but I haven't watched episode 4 yet, but besides that ....i am at a loss

SOOOO Who has some good stuff!!!!
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 12:39 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Although it's shameless self-promotion on my part, have you flipped through "The Infolink Recommends" yet? Odds are you've seen just about everything on the list, but it can't hurt to take a look...

A-F
G-L
M-R
S-Z
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
nice stuff, I haven't seen all of them but I have def. heard of all of them....for example Fushihi yuugi...I tried starting and I did not like it...but is el hazard any good?

His and her circumstances I have always been scared to watch.

Ah my goddess I have also always been to scared to actually watch as well but it looks good and the temptatiion has alwasy been there

memories also looks good, but it is so short, I was looking foward to a longer series same with giant robo it looks so short, like a small side story
however the story does look amazing and it got good reveiws

Heard of maison Ikkoku...is that good...I mean they say it is the original love hina or that is what it says in the link, and i really only heard rumors about it. I am not exactly sure I can handle the animation right now though. I like the art, but if the story is not amazing then I may not be able to watch the old style animation...for example the art for Now and then, Here and there the art was old stlye but the story was so amazing I was able to look past it, same with twelve kingdoms. I have been spoiled with the new animations recently and sometimes find it hard to watch older animes unless I know they are amazing, yeah the art was amazing for the time it was made, but this is now, and I got spoiled.

never seen gunbuster either...

Saikano has always been scary for me, because I hear if I watch that I will cry...

Thanks for the links, never knew that was there...

This is the 1st time I have been given a list of anime and I did not see more then 95 percent of them, toonami infolink has a lot of classic tastes...I saw at least 90, but the list is actually small so yeah...we should add a lot more!

What do you guys recommend, Saikano is up there and so is Oh my goddess, I thought about giant robo but that is soo short...but I am not really like keen on watching any of them except El hazard, my feer of saikano is still there, And I am kind of sick of the love hina type of animes that always come out...and AH my goddess is a lot like those.

El hazard looks really good plus it has a lot of OVA's movies and it has a solid 25 episodes. I am really axcited about watching it. I always skimped over it in the anime sections of stores...or maybe I did start it back in the day when I watched a OD amount of series at the same time and forgot about it ...not sure

Anymore suggestions people?...Thanks for the links JJc14...never knew it was there and it gave me one suggestion...EL Hazard...most of the others were alwyas in the back of my mind...because I want to watch them, but there is a block that tells me don't...and stuff liek giant Robo seems to short for me right now.

Maybe I shoudl change the thread to a thread for people to just post their anime recommendations...or is there already a thread for that?

I have seen most of the really amazing ones from 2000 and up, And I have tried to watch all of the good ones from the 90's, but I haven't gotten to all of them yet...Guys hit me with more suggestions. I would love to have a good list of anime to watch adding on to my huge stack of shows I have already watched

plus if people were actually here it would be an advantage to others who want to watch too...
PostMon Mar 05, 2007 5:25 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Tsubasa Chronicles is an OUTSTANDING anime. I don't think it's been licensed yet, so you have to acquire it over a torrent. Deathnote is also amazing, and also not licensed (go go downloading power!) Prince of Tennis, in its original form(japanese) is my #1 anime favorite of all times. (Also because I'm a tennis player >.>)

There are a few others, but it's been a while and I don't recall if posting anime names that haven't been licensed yet for people wanting names is against the forums rules or not (hi2utyler).

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Dreadnot wrote:
Tsubasa Chronicles is an OUTSTANDING anime. I don't think it's been licensed yet,

bwuh?

Quote:
Deathnote is also amazing, and also not licensed

bwuh?

Quote:
it's been a while and I don't recall if posting anime names that haven't been licensed yet for people wanting names is against the forums rules or not (hi2utyler).

Names are fine, links are not. Wink
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 6:08 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ah, thanks Nobu. -Last time- I checked it wasn't licensed.. but then that was a good 4 or 5 months ago.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 11:42 am
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
I read most the deathnote manga...so until the Light Vs L Saga ends I am not going to pick it up, Tsubasa chronicles I saw all of the 1st season, but I haven't picked up with the second season yet...And Prince of Tennis...saw all of it too, Loved it....the stupid national tournement is taking forever though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am assuming tsubasa is still all amazing. Thanks for the suggestions those were some good ones(I have watched to many for my own good) or at least the more recent ones...I am wondering though what part are they up to in the anime anyway. Deathnote is sooo good that it is scary, so addicting, but it loses some of its edge after the L vs light ends...but it is still good

Is tsubasa chronicles still holding up in the 2nd season?...and how is XXXholic. I loved the 1st parts of the manga I read, but I was never able to get into the anime...but it goes along with tsuabasa chronicles nicely

I also finsihed watching EL Hazard the magnificent world...which was really good. Is there a point in watching EL Hazard the TV series - the wanderers?

I am going to build a list of anime that I recommend...it will end up being really long so I may not even do it...if you want a short summary just go to animenfo and go look at their top 200 rated anime...the ratings are not exactly right in order, But i have seen a good 90 percent of the titles on the list and most of them are amazing....some of them are not so, but others are....The number ratings don't really hold meaning, I just look at it as the top 200 pretty good anime titles that are just there in a list. (not sure if reffering someone to another site without the link is allowed...I think with the link it is not allowed...OR in most forums with the link is not allowed)
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
Second Season of Tsubasa was even better then the first. <3 Mokona!

XXXholics is just addicting and awesome.

I duno how many times I have re-watched Prince of Tennis.. I am looking forward to the live action movie.

King of Fighters - Another day: Looks like it will be really good, I downloaded the 4 preview teasers and I'm looking forward to that.

MAPS: I have that on VHS(zomg old skool) I really like it, 4 episode series.

Arjuna: Really really weird, but pretty cool...

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 5:00 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
Arjuna as in earth girl arjuna? never seen that....I am going to go watch that. IT was on the list on animenfo too...I just never bothered to watch it

King of fighters looks good its a 4 ep series as well....look foward to that

For prince of tennis do you know when they will be done with the national tournement....its taking forever?...and for the live action...will we get to see a real twist serve!!!!

SO i should start up with tsubasa again...i am assuming. I guess I Will, I have nothing better to do while I am sick...so i have all the time in the world.

XXXholic i am kind of scared to watch it is a freaky little show.

Go check out the list at animenfo, I bet a lot of you already seen a majority of the titles there, but its a good list if you want to find some anime to watch..
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 5:32 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I admit XXXholics can get a little freaky, but its soooooo good.

Yes, That's the Arjuna I was talking about; I have it on DVD >.>

I lost so much of my anime when I had to reformat, so I'm re downloading eps 1-178+specials of Prince of Tennis.

Yes, you should start up Tsubasa again, Highly recommended.

I'll check out that site later today.

NINJA EDIT:

If you can find it... Puppet Master Sakon is an awesome muder/mystery anime with great animemation / story / plot.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 5:46 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
ooo puppet master sakon heard of it!

i think it will be hard to find to download...b/c I looked on tokyotosho..and it wasn't there and I don't plan on buying DVD's ever unless it is from netflix or blockbuster in the mail....wait i found it its under ayatsuri sakon on torrent sites...

You hear any news about the national tournement?

I am creating a list of anime I have not seen so I can watch it on a rainy day when I am either sick or bored out of my mind....so far i got a few good ones...I am even going to put down the ones I am scared of watching. YATTA
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz wrote:
Is there a point in watching EL Hazard the TV series - the wanderers?

Not really. It's the "Tenchi Universe" of El-Hazard series.
PostTue Mar 06, 2007 10:45 pm
Ph33rN3kkidSk1llz

Post subject:
that's disappointing, but I may watch it on a rainy day.
PostWed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 am
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
The Prince of Tennis - National Championship Semifinal, a new OAV series, will debut June 22 in Japan. Source: Anime Nation

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
PostThu Mar 15, 2007 4:46 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Shura No Toki is jawsome.
PostFri Mar 16, 2007 1:07 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: