нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Trigun!!!! the thread.
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Trigun!!!! the thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Okay has anyone seen any cuts from the Adult Swim version then on the DVD?

most cuts that i've noticed are for removing the word "shit", which is understandable...

the only visual edits that i've seen happened in thursday's episode, as when vash first walks into the bar being held hostage, the closeup shot of him opening the door is suppposed to have three guns held to his head (don't know why they removed the guns)...also, when the one guy snaps and threatens to shoot the mayor's daughter, he actually sticks his gun into her mouth, though that scene was cut...

kyle pope over at ann has been doing complete edit lists for the series thus far, so make sure to check there from time to time if you want more extensive lists...
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
instances of "shit" from the retail version or fansubs you've seen? just curious, I wonder what Kyle Pope is using as a reference.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 12:56 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, the dub on the retail version throws the word around a bit, though it looks like it's happened only once so far, in episode 1:

(taken from kyle pope's edit list)
---
1) Thug's "Oh shit!" when Vash gets the drop on him cut.
---

i'm pretty sure kyle owns the dvd's and uses the dub on them to differentiate, but don't quote me on that...
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 1:39 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was Toonami Arsenal that had said Trigun wouldnt be shown on Toonami because of the gun play. Thats why I asked. And actually theres less shooting in Trigun then in Cowboy Bebop. I really like the idea behind Adult Swim. As I liked Boomerang being created to clear the slate for newer shows on Cartoon Network.
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
Fodder wrote:
Okay has anyone seen any cuts from the Adult Swim version then on the DVD?
the only visual edits that i've seen happened in thursday's episode, as when vash first walks into the bar being held hostage, the closeup shot of him opening the door is suppposed to have three guns held to his head (don't know why they removed the guns)...

I thought they edited those out. I don't understand it since they had them in the preview. This is one of the few edits I simply do not understand the mentality behind.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 5:48 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:

i'm pretty sure kyle owns the dvd's and uses the dub on them to differentiate, but don't quote me on that...

That's exactly how he composes all his edit listings.
PostMon Apr 07, 2003 9:35 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
well, in that case, you can now quote me on that... =)

looks like i got some catching up to do here...

monday night:

vash is caught between a rock and a hard place when the entire city he's in attempts to claim the bounty on his head...the mayor goes so far as to hire a member of the nebraska family, a big criminal, to get the task done...of course, this guy ends up destroying half the city without a care for human life, and that's where vash has to step in, defending the people that wanted to kill him just a moment ago...it's here that we get a glimpse at vash's serious side, which helps meryl to finally accept the man before her as the legendary "vash the stampede"...vash is able to defeat the criminal in a rather kick-ass fashion, and proceeds to do the best "love and peace" sequence of the entire series...

while i'm not a fan of the nebraska family design (the big guy just seems out of place in this anime), it's worth enduring to see some serious character development...vash puts away his goofy side and reveals a dead-serious image, a stark contrast to what we're used to seeing...he also shows that no matter what, he'll do all he can to make sure life is spared...this fight is perhaps one of my favorite scenes in the series...
PostWed Apr 09, 2003 9:17 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, does anyone know the cheapest place to get the boxset for this series? $200 at Virgin is just a little steep for me.
PostWed Apr 09, 2003 1:01 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
$179.98 at Amazon.com
$159.98 at AnimeCastle.com
$143.95 at bestprices.com
$39.38 at half.com (used)

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Apr 09, 2003 1:30 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
*Moth flies out of wallet*
PostWed Apr 09, 2003 2:11 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
$39.38 at half.com (used)

And I'd still be careful of that one, to make sure it's not a bootleg.
PostThu Apr 10, 2003 1:46 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i just had to have the shiny covers for all eight volumes, so i had to track 'em down individually, which eventually amounted to costing me in the range of $230-$250...i still can't help but stare at 'em for minutes at a time though...

tuesday night (as i continue to catch up):

with the nebraska bounty being used to fix the plant in the town, the mayor can finally afford to bring someone over...what we get is a rather good-looking woman which seeks out vash for personal protection...of course, he's not gonna argue, though he does get kicked around a bit by her (not to mention the whole "spot" thing)

while at the plant, it appears she's having trouble shutting down and area, and her and "spot" go to check it out...unfortunately for vash, this was all a trap so the woman could get revenge for the destruction of her hometown years ago, which she believes was done by him...locked in a plant about to meltdown, vash somehow cools down the levels and comes out unharmed, saving the city (again) in the process...the woman realizes just what role vash played in her memories; a broken man who tried to comfort her when she was a child, and stops her quest to kill him...

i've said it plenty of times now, but the balance of seriousness and comedy fits perfectly again...amist the hatred and revenge felt by the woman is vash trying just about anything to get near her...i also liked vash's line "i don't sleep with men", which was then corrected a few minutes later, "actually, you are kinda cute..."

still a day behind here...damn college...

[added later in the day]

wednesday night:

vash splits town via sand-steamer after a wild night of partying the night before...although he initally believes he's left everything behind, we find that the insurance girls are working part time on the steamer in order to continue watch over him...vash runs into a kid, an apparent stowaway, and takes him under his wing, only to be deceived...turns out he's preparing the steamer for invasion by the badlads, with their leader brilliant dynamites neon...they take over ruthlessly, planning to ram the steamer high-speed to crack open the safe onboard...vash attempts to stop it, but almost gets knocked off the ship...

our first real cliffhanger in the series, as we're left with vash and the kid recovering while the insurance girls are still around somewhere...vash's reaction to the kid's bogus story was good for a few laughs, and it appears that vash had some sort of vision of a woman he once knew...something felt lacking a bit here, but hopefully tonight's episode will bring the story back up...
PostThu Apr 10, 2003 10:38 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, and KEnshin all to-be-continued in one day. Makes me insane. Too insane.

Just what ARE the plants? Or do they say later in the series? (If so, don't spoil it.) But I'm really curious as to whether or not they're just power plants . . .

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Apr 10, 2003 7:20 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
They say later in the series. So shush.
PostThu Apr 10, 2003 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
thursday night:

we continue on the sand steamer as vash and the kid (who, i'm embarrased to say, still can't remember the name of) plan to get to the control room to take down mr. brilliant dynamites neon and stop the ship from crashing...we get a deeper look into vash's way of living: he refuses to aim for a kill shot no matter what the situation, even going so far as taking care of a guy because of a mis-aimed shot...unfortunately, in this early encounter, vash takes a bullet, yet continues to press on...b.d.n. catches onto his scheme, capturing the kid and surrounding vash, forcing him to a duel...vash's wound re-opens, but luckilly b.d.n.'s got some honor in him, giving vash the victory and the opportunity to stop the ship...

of course, it's never quite that easy as the brakes refuse to work...since the kid's father designed the ship, he knows where the manual override is and hits the switch...b.d.n. goes so far as to stop the slowing down sand steamer, saving everyone from falling over the cliff...we end with another revelation about this girl rem that vash seems to know...

while not my favorite story in the series, there is a lot of foreshadowing and character development embedded into this episode...we get a confirmation of vash's ideals and what he goes through to make sure everyone stays alive...that, and there's just something funny about vash pounding the kid's head into the ground like a hammer, but maybe that's just me...

of course, i couldn't help but have a huge grin on my face after seeing the preview for monday's episode...
PostFri Apr 11, 2003 6:14 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: