нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Need recommendation
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Need recommendation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Witch Hunter Robin really is a good series, they need to release a box set of it (before they release the rest damnit) just as I need to buy the hellsing box set.

It's kind of funny actually. At Comic-Con International this year Bandai was giving out free WHR t-shirts. That's not the funny part. The funny part is every day of the week that I'm at school I see at least 1-2 people wearing those shirts. I myself have two.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 12:12 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Actually, the Suncoast at the local mall here was selling Witch Hunter Robin in a collector's box, along with a T-shirt and some other crap...

Actually, I wish I could get a box for my Cowboy Bebop DVDs, because I bought them all one by one before the box set came out. Same with Trigun...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
So far what i have seen of Kenshin I liked it. It would good to have a long running series to get into as well. I also really liked Inuyasha and never quite understood why.

So describe Gasoroki to me please. I have it reserved.
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 6:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I also really liked Inuyasha and never quite understood why.

Big swords, fights, SIT BOY! Yes, big sit.
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
So describe Gasoroki to me please. I have it reserved.

Stolen* from Amazon.com:
Quote:
In the not-too-distant future, a conflict modeled on the Gulf War rages in the Middle Eastern nation of Belgistan. The defeat of the American-led U.N. ground forces suggests that dictator Colonel Stilbanov has somehow acquired breakthrough weaponry. Meanwhile the powerful Japanese Gowa family is conducting elaborate experiments that combine a Noh dance performance by Yushiro, the youngest of the brothers, the development of bipedal battle mecha, and an attempt to contact an extremely powerful force from another dimension. Their efforts are thwarted by Miharu, a young woman who can communicate with both Yushiro and the mysterious power. Miharu is a prisoner of the sinister cabal who control Stilbanov.

*"Good artists create, great artists steal."
PostWed Oct 22, 2003 11:28 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
I'm going to reccomend Battle Athletes Victory because it's a HELL of a lot of fun and I'm tired of being the only person here who has seen it.

Saiyuki's DUBBED version is freaking hilarious as well.
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 3:58 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
RahXephon

Ranma½

Flame of Recca

Serial Experiments Lain

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 4:06 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
WARNING: It is suggested that you watch RahXephon or Serial Experiments Lain ONLY if you were able to enjoy Neon Genesis Evangelion (and got it).

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostThu Oct 23, 2003 4:41 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Johnny
, I assume you mean the last episode of the series? I guess I wouldnt like it. I thought episode 26 put a really stupid ending on a great anime. For those who have see The Prisoner TV series. Its not to far from that shows last episodes ruining a series.

Nobu,
Bi-pedal robots, dimensional forces, and singing? Sounds like Robotech. I think disk 1's supposed to arrive today.
PostFri Oct 24, 2003 9:27 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
I would say RaXepheon...
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostFri Oct 24, 2003 2:24 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Okay just watched the first episode of Aura Battler. And I dont know why it was recommended. We have a mid-80's anime produced by Sunrise. That has mechs powered by life energy. These mechs are mind-linked to their pilots who can control them without their controls.

SO im thinking alternate titles were Gundotech or Robodem?
PostFri Oct 24, 2003 3:22 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
Okay just watched the first episode of Aura Battler. And I dont know why it was recommended.

Because I thought you liked mid-80's old-school? Embarassed Embarassed
Sorry. I was just going by your list of preferences at the beginning of this thread. And I've been led to believe this is actually a pretty good series for its time.
Quote:
SO im thinking alternate titles were Gundotech or Robodem?

Probably. Especially since Yoshiyuki Tomino (creator of Gundam) was in charge of this one, too.

P.S. Of course, I also liked the last episode of The Prisoner. The nature of rebellion and "The right of the individual to be individual" resonate with me. Not to mention that "All You Need Is Love". Wink
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 3:33 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was being sarcastic. Battle Aura screams of Carl Macek. So far I like it a lot. I mean lets see we have mechs that the pilots are supposed to control with there minds. They run on protoculture, no im sorry life foce. Even the upper humans look like Macross rejects. I think the story won me over, even in the first episode, when the guy say

"Nice GoldWing'
"Actually its Apsencade"

Its such a stupid little thing. But it means the writers were actualy thinking more then simple stories. But again Im only into episode 3.

As for The Prisoner. WHen you find out the circumstances that the episode was made under. You start to understand why it is like it is. They took two long expensive years to make 17 episodes. And had planned on taking it to 26 episodes. But the ratings and time line didnt justify it. He literally wrote that episode in a day. Now I would love to start a thread on The Prisoner. Because I think more then a few of the regulars here would like it and get into it.

http://www.the-prisoner-6.freeserve.co.uk/faq_02.htm
PostSun Oct 26, 2003 9:15 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Fodder wrote:
I was being sarcastic.

...And I fell for it HL&S...you had me worried there. I hate it when I steer people wrong (inadvertently).

It's been so long since I've watched The Prisoner. I need to get the boxset.
PostMon Oct 27, 2003 2:03 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Again another advantage to being a part of netflix. No need for box sets. Two of the DVD's are only 1 episode so Im not a big fan of that kind of thing. Even though disk 1 is 2 hours. The remaster turned out real nice. In some ways the series is showing its age. But overall i think it held up nicely.

Good bit of trivia for you. The last guy who played number 2 in the final two episodes had a nevous breakdown making episode 16. One of the many delays for making "Fall Out". Thats why during the beginning of the episode he gets a haircut and color. Because in real life he had changed in that year.

So many questions with that series. Yeah Nobu get the box set. I need someone to bounce things off of. The episode "The General" with the computer that teachs you everything (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER) sublimanlly. Well he wins in the end by asking it the unanswerable question "Why". When I was in school this was the psyche classes final in 10th grade. Those who answered "Because" got A's.
PostTue Oct 28, 2003 1:02 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: