нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - First Impressions of Witch Hunter Robin
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
First Impressions of Witch Hunter Robin

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject: First Impressions of Witch Hunter Robin
I know CN didnt start promoting the series until the middle of last week, but who all saw it last night?

Thats what it is all about!
PostTue Feb 17, 2004 9:32 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
i've already seen the entire series, so i'm not gonna give anything away, but i liked the way their lead-in bumper looked... it stayed in both the feel of Adult Swim and Witch Hunter Robin, wandering slightly off from the usual white on black cards with much more dynamic and fiery red on black... Actually, I've noticed most of the new bumpers look really cool, they're finding more ways to make the extremely simplistic white on black more fun.

As far as the dubbing goes, I've seen no reason to dislike it so far, plus most of the series translates pretty well anyway...

the way I like to describe Witch Hunter Robin to friends? "Think equal mixtures of the La Femme Nikita tv series and The X-Files, with a kick of Buffy the Vampire Slayer." I think one of the bumpers that night said something close to that effect as well...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Feb 17, 2004 2:26 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
It was a bit slow, but i'm enjoying what I saw so far.
PostTue Feb 17, 2004 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
the series overall is pretty slow, especially some middle eps.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostTue Feb 17, 2004 6:51 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
[quote="JohnnyPsycho"]

the way I like to describe Witch Hunter Robin to friends? "Think equal mixtures of the La Femme Nikita tv series and The X-Files, with a kick of Buffy the Vampire Slayer." quote]

Yeah, I picked up on that whole La Femme Nikita vib right off.

PostThu Feb 19, 2004 11:24 am
ToonamiL

Veteran

Post subject:
Nice avatar, Goldfinger. Anyway, it's looks like a promising series.
PostThu Feb 19, 2004 5:45 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Once again CN piick up an anime after I buy it on DVD. Well The Box was worth it for the Cells... I won't be watching till Friday or Monday since I have the 1st DVD. I hear most of the cuts mad so far are really for time...
PostThu Feb 19, 2004 7:45 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
I missed tonights eps, anything good happen????? Question Question Question

PostFri Feb 20, 2004 1:18 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
ToonamiL wrote:
Nice avatar, Goldfinger. Anyway, it's looks like a promising series.

thanks Very Happy

Well I'll share my pimp insight, since i've seen it.
Razz

I found the dub today kind of annoying, especially that of the blonde agent woman. (I forgot her name) When she was talking back to the chief, she sounded like a moron. "This isn't a fashion magazine..." blahblah.
I'll see if i check the actual subs for accuracy.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostFri Feb 20, 2004 1:45 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I found the dub today kind of annoying, especially that of the blonde agent woman. (I forgot her name) When she was talking back to the chief, she sounded like a moron. "This isn't a fashion magazine..." blahblah.

I think thast how she is meant to be....Seeing as she really do much. Infact she is only there because her parents put lots of money into the JSD( I think thats its name). She said something about her parents worrying about her, might have been in ep 5...no It was 4 I think, maybe they edited that part out.. Odd question did they change the end Credits? I know they didn't have the opening in...shame it's really nice
PostFri Feb 20, 2004 3:42 pm
EMOrox_TS

Post subject:
I liked the show a lot... something I would watch the whole series of anyway. I think it's good.
PostFri Feb 20, 2004 3:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:
I'll see if i check the actual subs for accuracy.

does it really matter? when dubbed they can't always have them say the same things, sometimes they have to rewrite whole lines and just have to base what they say on the type of character they are. I look ast her kind of like Tori Spelling. Tori got the role on 90210 because of daddy, I figure whats her name is just about the same way. She gets basicly free reign and in such takes nearly no responsibility and flakes unless something specificly strikes her fancy.

Besides, who's to say how accurate the subs are? Japanese does not translate well to english.

On that note this thread closey closes. For more Witch Hunter bitchery go here.
PostFri Feb 20, 2004 4:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: