нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Videogames now considered Animated shorts!
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Videogames now considered Animated shorts!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject: Videogames now considered Animated shorts!
ASIFA-Hollywood, The International Animated Film Society, is taking nominations for animation within the gaming industry in the category of Outstanding Achievement in a Short Subject. This addition to the 32nd Annual Annie Awards honoring the year’s best animation across film, television, commercials and short subjects, speaks to the growing influence and importance of animation in the gaming industry.

Entries submitted for consideration must be from productions that originally aired, were exhibited in an animation festival or commercially released in the U.S. between Jan. 1, 2004 and Dec. 31, 2004.

The Call-for-Entries period for all categories continues throughout September. All rules, category information and entry forms are available online at www.asifa-hollywood.org or by contacting ASIFA-Hollywood at (818) 842-8330. The deadline to receive entry forms is October 1. All nomination judging materials are due by October 29. Final nominations will be announced by ASIFA-Hollywood on December 6.

The Annie Awards are animation’s oldest and most respected awards. Winners as well as juried lifetime achievement award recipients will be honored at an annual black-tie gala celebration on Jan. 30, 2005 at the historic Alex Theatre in Glendale, California.

I will list the nominees once they are announced.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Great...watch, after a while, every year's Oscars are gonna be swept by a ridiculous amount of LOTR games.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 2:42 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd take that over a Chicago II sweep anyday.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 3:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Musicals shouldn't be in the same Best Picture category.
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 3:47 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Why not? If they have good directing, and showcase the best of what it means to be a good film, then why the hell should they not be considered films? You know, especially if they are, you know, films and, you know, what would be considered films and all.

Spend some time editing actual camera footage AND actually studying the quote un quote 'good directors', and THEN you can complain about what wins or doesn't win best picture.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 8:48 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
When was the last GOOD musical? Hell, the best one in like 50 years was the South Park movie...which is a sad state of affairs. Also, I just have this thing against Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago) and I'm still mad at Baz Lehrman (Moulin Rouge director) over that damn Sunscreen song...FUCK, it's in my head again. Rolling Eyes
PostThu Sep 16, 2004 9:01 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Does this mena that Gainax's fantastic work in Tales of Symphonia might see their brilliance in some form of award. *crosses fingers*
They's pretty. I won't pass judgement on Baten Kaitos or the new Star Ocean until I see them.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 2:43 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
When was the last GOOD musical? Hell, the best one in like 50 years was the South Park movie...which is a sad state of affairs.

Depends on how you define 'good'. South Park was fantstically satiracal. But it wasn't a marvel of directing or editing. I cannot pass judgement on Chicago or Moulan Rouge as I have seen neither. However, unless you have actually MADE the stuff, and spent, amoung other huge blocks of time, a 7 hour editing session after a full 8 hour school day, then you are in no way nearly qualified to know what is and isn't 'good' aside from juvinile opinion.

Trust me, I used to think like you, then I actually STUDIED some directors and MADE some coolness and know what constitutes a good or bad film. It's a completely different spectrum,.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 9:36 am
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
[quote="counterparadox"]
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Trust me, I used to think like you, then I actually STUDIED some directors and MADE some coolness and know what constitutes a good or bad film. It's a completely different spectrum,.

The more you know a subject, the less you can just sit back and enjoy the first time you watch it. You're to busy inadvertantly admiring, recognizing and critisising the technical aspects of what's on screen to admire the artistic beauty of it all combined together. Considering that in a couple years I'll be starting on my masters degree in film I'm willing to bet that afterwards everything in the theatre will require a second watch.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 3:50 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
So, in other words, unless I'm a director, I'm not aloud to have an opinion of films. With all due respect, that's fairly elitist.
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 4:25 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's an elitist field.

but no, you can have your opinion all you want, it's all personal taste, it's just once you actually put some study into a field you appreciate it's more technical aspects alot more/easier. There esentially becomes two types of flicks for you. First the movies you like because you do, and second the movies you like because of their direction, angles, cuts, wipes, and effects.

It's just harder for somebody who doesn't have any experience int he field to pick up on those films of the second type because the whole point of those things is NOT to be noticed.

Why do you think I dislike so much anime that quite a few of you are all "ITS DA BEST!1"
PostFri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 pm
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Well, most of the movies that I would apply to the first category ARE good because of irecting, etc...but that doesn't mean that purdy directing = good movie...and I say this just having come out of Sky Captain.
PostSat Sep 18, 2004 6:41 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Does this mena that Gainax's fantastic work in Tales of Symphonia might see their brilliance in some form of award. *crosses fingers*
They's pretty. I won't pass judgement on Baten Kaitos or the new Star Ocean until I see them.

Eh, it was pretty, but there just enough of it. I'm not sure if there's even 6 total minutes of animation in the entire game.
PostSat Sep 18, 2004 10:17 pm
Andromaton

Obsessor

Post subject:
ROBRAM89 wrote:
Well, most of the movies that I would apply to the first category ARE good because of irecting, etc...but that doesn't mean that purdy directing = good movie...and I say this just having come out of Sky Captain.

as I said, two catagories
PostSun Sep 19, 2004 2:16 am
ROBRAM89

Veteran

Post subject:
Yeah, but the second category doesn't exactly count for as much as you say.
PostMon Sep 20, 2004 3:12 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: