нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - GI Joe Spy Troops
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
GI Joe Spy Troops
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: GI Joe Spy Troops
Alright some of us really liked the new ads. Some of us even hoped for a new show based on the 3D in the ads. And this is the result of people like me who never grew up.

It should have been named "Pixar Presents 'GI JOE A TOY STORY!'". Short review well lets not do that. Let me first ask. Is this a teen titan thing aimed at 2-6 year olds? Because the last time I gave a review of a show that was aimed at that group. I was slammed. So is it?
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: GI Joe Spy Troops
Fodder wrote:
It should have been named "Pixar Presents 'GI JOE A TOY STORY!'". Short review well lets not do that.

If the show was that good, I'd call that a short review. Wink
Quote:
Let me first ask. Is this a teen titan thing aimed at 2-6 year olds? Because the last time I gave a review of a show that was aimed at that group. I was slammed. So is it?

I'm sure the target audience is the same as Teen Titans. The question is, "Is there anything in the show that older viewers or people who grew up with the old show would enjoy, too? Or it it truely "toyetic", nothing but a 30-minute commercial for Hasbro?"
I, for one, am curious.
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 11:38 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Ugh. I couldn't stand Spy Troops till the first commercial break. It was a big joke. It's the worst thing SVES has ever aired. It's so bad it makes The Groovenians look like a gold mine in comparison.
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 6:57 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
geez, i taped the 1am showing, but haven't gotten the opportunity to watch it yet...guess i shouldn't get my hopes up about a grand return of classic g.i. joe then...
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 8:34 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
This is bad. Not earth shattering horrifying, but still bad. This is to the orignal G.I. Joe what Transformers Armada was to Transformers (but in Spy Troops defense, this was more enjoyable than Armada)
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 8:35 pm
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Um.....don't kill me but I sorta liked it. The orignal wasn't really groundbreaking in it's own rights to say the least so I don't know what you were expecting. The animation was pretty cool and I think the humor was well done. Besides it was made mostly to sell the damn toys just like Bioncle and Hot Wheels World Race so get over it.
PostSun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 pm
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Uggh, beat'll get this...

I wanted to be Johnny Depp...
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 2:34 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs, actually wasnt this DVD included with some of the toys?

And to the rest. No its not as bad as armada. And yes the original GI JOE wasnt earth shattering. But going back and watching them a second time as an adult. I realized the stories were very adult in nature, family kidnapping and such. And I wasnt expecting a 3D animation to sell toys. Plus like Armada they screwed with our well known characters again.

In Spy Troops defense i will say this. Watch it after GI Joe the Movie and it will seem like the greatest animation ever made.
PostMon Sep 29, 2003 10:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wildarmsheero

Post subject:
My little brother watched this and loved it. To quote him "The dog fight was awesome!"

Me, my self hate GI-Joe, because I feel it's just propaganda.
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 6:25 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
wildarmsheero wrote:
My little brother watched this and loved it. To quote him "The dog fight was awesome!"

I'll defend the comic (just the G.I Joe comic) because it at times was very critical of American policies, such as a few issues involving Cobra getting involved in Israel.

The cartoon, on the other hand, is propaganda.
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 11:33 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
That's good edge pushing for ya...
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostTue Sep 30, 2003 2:24 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
wildarmsheero wrote:

I'll defend the comic (just the G.I Joe comic) because it at times was very critical of American policies, such as a few issues involving Cobra getting involved in Israel.

Ill defend the comic too! The Comic was everything they couldnt say, do or show in the show.
Example:Snake Eyes breaks into a Cobra base filled with their red ninja forces. Some are hiding behind a curtan, Snake Eyes notices it, slashes the cutan, and blood goes everywhere.

In the show I dont I ever saw anyone get shot, or fall down dead. Hell Iv seen people get complety surounded in the open and no one got hit.

Thats what it is all about!
PostFri Oct 03, 2003 7:34 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
Ill defend the comic too! The Comic was everything they couldnt say, do or show in the show.
Example:Snake Eyes breaks into a Cobra base filled with their red ninja forces. Some are hiding behind a curtan, Snake Eyes notices it, slashes the cutan, and blood goes everywhere.

In the show I dont I ever saw anyone get shot, or fall down dead. Hell Iv seen people get complety surounded in the open and no one got hit.

Two different media, two different audiences, two different editorial policies, one writer (Larry Hama).
PostFri Oct 03, 2003 7:47 am
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
Beatdiggga wrote:
wildarmsheero wrote:

I remember that. That idiot Firefly tries his Scorpion formation trick, and Snake eyes ends up cutting a ton of red ninjas in half. Blood splattering, people getting blown up, shot, and more.

Same writer?
PostFri Oct 03, 2003 11:59 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Beatdiggga wrote:
Same writer?

Yep.
The difference is there are different people in charge of each version that he has to answer to.

Man, that's a clumsy sentence... Sad

:edit: Crap! Are you two talking about those new GI Joe comics from Image?
Then I'm wrong, as usual... at least about the writers.
Hama wrote the Marvel Joe comics. Embarassed
PostFri Oct 03, 2003 12:48 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Animation Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: