нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Worst where you live
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Worst where you live
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject: Worst where you live
What kind of weather do you normally have where you live? what's the worst of your area?

normally here in san diego it['s 75-80, a nice level of humitity with just a few clouds inthe sky.probably about 3-4 inches of rain a year is the most we get wet wise. what really sucks here is fire and wind. it's not even 11am and winds have already reached 50 miles per hour.

So? what about where you live? (and yes, this thread was just a reason for me to bitch about the wind)

fun fact: at 11:30am we got an alert of: East Winds 25 To 35 Mph With Gusts To Near 60 Mph

woo... fun.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 1:41 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
HAH! Wind? You call that wind? I grew up in the Kankakee area of Illinois, which is nothing but corn-fields and soy-bean fields. We get tornadoes every spring and sometimes in the fall. That's wind, sucka! We don't have much trees, and there are no hills or mountains anywhere near us, just miles and miles of flat land. Perfect tornado country. And you should see the way the snow drifts in the winter. Plus, with the constant wind we get in the winter, we are constantly getting sub-zero wind-chill effects.

For you southern pansies who have no idea what a wind-chill is, let me explain. While the temperature outside might be 20 degrees F, the wind makes it feel much colder. So, depending on how much wind you have, you feel much, much colder. For example, if it's 20 degrees F outside, and the wind is blowing at 20 mph, it will feel like -10 degrees F. Check this out to calculate other wind chill examples.

I'm currently living in East Lansing, Michigan, which means we have more trees, which equals less wind, but we do get much more snow than in Illinois usually. Plus there's a saying in Michigan: "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute". The climate up here is crazy, and the temperatures and jump all over the place. I remember last March, where one week we had 60 degree temperatures, and five days later we were hitting 30-40's and getting snow. Yeah, it's pretty odd.

...and I could never live in a place without a snowy winter. Winter without cold is a sin to me, just like summer without chocking humidity and scorching sun (which we get in both Illinois and Michigan).

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
hey, for us normal wind is 5 mph, 60's a hell of alot. combine it with hot and dry weather. you got pain and suffering. I'm rather have a cold winter as well, it's fairly easy to get warm. at least compairibly to how hard it is to get cool. besides, where you guys would get tornados we would get raging infernos, you got/had tornado season, we have fire season... fire's alot scarier and easier to start up randomly.

PostTue Jan 07, 2003 3:12 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
I live in Colorado. In a city somewhere between Boulder and Denver.

My house is on top of a hill, so it's almost always windy. The weather is usually nice. We're in the middle of a drought right now and it hasn't snowed down here for two months. We get an occasional blizzard or tornado, but I haven't seen any for a few years. No earthquakes and hurricanes here.

When there aren't any forest fires the mountains are good to visit. Lots of ski resorts to pick from.

My biggest gripe about where I live isn't the wind, but the sales tax. 8%!!! And we still have the crappiest roads in the state!
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 7:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
funkymunky

Post subject:
i live in england....nuff said Smile

dont get me wrong, i love home, we have great history and beautiful countryside and everything, its just the waether. i think i could handle it better if we got some EXTREMES every so often, like blizzards or extreme cold or a heat wave. But the sad depressing fact is that its just medium temperature, and grey skys most of the time. o yeah and dont forget the rain...thats something we could have MUCH less of ..
PostTue Jan 07, 2003 7:04 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
we could use some of your rain, send it over here.

PostTue Jan 07, 2003 9:32 pm
funkymunky

Post subject:
lol believe me if i could i would gladly donate you some rain Twisted Evil
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 8:59 am
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Two days ago it was 19 degrees F, and the wind chill factor had to be something like -10... today, it's 32 degrees F, and the sun is out... I almost felt like going out in just some shorts and a t-shirt! *LOL*

i tell ya, the weather here is absolutely schizophrenic...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 1:17 pm
RanmasLadyHalf

Post subject:
You live in Lansing JP? I have a friend who lives there too. Like Funky said, the weather in England is usually cloudy. In Sheffield, where I am at uni, it rained at least once a day for the last 6 to 8 weeks of the semester. Bloody English weather. Sad
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 2:28 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
I was so happy during el nino in 98, rained everyday from september through mid june. it was sweet.

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 2:40 pm
DeeLite

Frequenter

Post subject:
The weather in Córdoba, Argentina, and not Canada spook! Is fair, mostly the weather is either sunny, cool and breezy and it's along the lines of mid upper 60s - mid 80s, usually here. But as for the rest of the week there's going to be a change which is it's going to get very cloudy, there's going to be thunderstorms and it's going to get very cool. Well, other then not going to be able to see the sun for three days, the weather is great!
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 7:37 pm
FinalDivineDragoon

Obsessor

Post subject:
Oh yeah, well down here in Eloy, Arizona it's Hell on Earth. Besides from our 6 week winters, it can easily reach 120 degrees or more. Now I know you guys will say "But that's a dry heat it doesn't matter" oh yes it does. If you wanna donate some rain send it here because monsoon season has been fairly picky lately.
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Worst here?

Um today was the coldest day it been all winter and it was about 48. Sometimes it rains for a little while too during the summer.

Oh and Deelite you're in Argentina? That's gotta suck right now with the whole government takeover thing.
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 8:29 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
FinalDivineDragoon wrote:
Oh yeah, well down here in Eloy, Arizona it's Hell on Earth. Besides from our 6 week winters, it can easily reach 120 degrees or more. Now I know you guys will say "But that's a dry heat it doesn't matter" oh yes it does. If you wanna donate some rain send it here because monsoon season has been fairly picky lately.

yeah, I've never really understoof the dry heat thing. when it's over 100 it sucks no matter the humitity. Int he summer here it generally ranges from 90-110. Though on the coast during the summer it's like 70-80. If only I surfed.

PostWed Jan 08, 2003 11:19 pm
Dreadnot

Obsessor

Post subject:
I live about 2.5 hours from Zechs, and its was a whoping 44! The only bad part about florida is the Summer heat. 101 with 100% humidity OOOOH YEAH! and the Fall, We get to see big storms. Nuttin bigger then the Hurricanes on this side of the world.

'Oh,' he said.
YES, said Death.
'Not even time to finish my cake?'
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.
T. Pratchett - Night Watch*
PostWed Jan 08, 2003 11:20 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Mindless/Worthless Drivel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: