нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Team Tournament Battle
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Team Tournament Battle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
Beefy wrote:
And we had such great continuity going.

The girls at Tenchi's house are 12? Um, no. Don't get me started.
And Sesshomaru could have easily broken apart stone.

haha, yeah, A girl at Tenchi's house is about 12...but Tenchi pays no attention to her, either, am I right? Razz

and hey, you didn't have to give up!! Saito had Kirby, yes...but honestly, I felt the rest of the match-ups were pretty much in the air; and that first thing, with Sakura making us all small? I was like...wha? I thought I had already lost Razz

about Sesshomaru and the stone - my bad, didn't think about that; but whenever you fight, there's going to be some OOC-ness; there was stuff in your #3 post that didn't reflect my characters' powers, also, so I just dealt with that in the next post (ex. Kirby stealing the LHW>

and notice, no one was dead (well, Kirby might have been...but like I said, there was no way I was gonna let Kirby get the best of Saito) - honestly, I think, even with the way I was tearing into y'all, I would've voted for you as the winner through 3 posts - your posts were more inventive AND smarter than mine; you had me on the run...

keep going next time, man!
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 3:07 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Post-fight babble:

Well I did have a plan to get past your Light Hawk Wings, but the plan involved Sakura, so without her it didn't come to be. With Kirby skewered, Sakura gone, and Sesshomaru out of it, I couldn't think of anything to get me out of the situation I was in.

I know there's always my cheap "create a black hole that sucks everyone in but me" move, but the Light Hawk Wings would have protected you. (After all, they protected Tenchi from being sucked into the one formed when Dr. Clay's ship collapsed on itself.)

If Tenchi did fight Twin Tenchi, who do you think would have won?

I did have more fun this round than my last one. Coming up with all this stuff took me like two hours per post. See how much care I put into this. I tried to think "what would your next move be," so like when Kirby stole your Light Hawk Wings you would replace them as soon as you could instead of just standing there and letting me slice you up. Sometimes this doesn't work out in my favor, but it makes the fight more realistic.

But at least I didn't die this time. So TWWK, thank you for a good round. It would be fun to fight you again sometime.
PostSun Jun 29, 2003 9:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
haha, yeah, it was a good fight, and it would be cool to fight again Wink

maybe we can ally up against beat, if the original fight thread ever starts up again...JJ's no longer fighting, so we can use as many good guys as we can get Razz

as for Tenchi v. Twin Tenchi...I think Twin Tenchi, who seems to have fewer morals, would've won - unless Twin Tenchi decided to hurt someone close to Tenchi, in which case Tenchi would've gone mad crazy on Twin Tenchi...(too many Tenchi's)
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 3:58 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
OK john, you can have first actual post...but I get this.

(not a fight post)

Slim: *Walks in Yojimbo style*Let us begin...*Cool pose*...*throws pokeball and Mewtwo pops out*

Mewtwo: *evil laughter*

Ness: *Teleports in*

Hulk: *Just does his smashy smashy*
PostMon Jun 30, 2003 6:02 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: The fight post to start all fight posts...
Yatta yatta! We're under way!
#1...

Two weeks. For two weeks, John Bono (full name John Bono Smithy Satchmo) had pondered his team listing. So long, in fact, that by the time he decided on his teammates he had missed the first come first serve call, and had to register for the next tournament. But that was fine by him; he could wait, and he knew he had an unstoppable team. Months later, the challenge came--it was finally game time. But he had forgotten one thing--he still had yet to assemble his team...

"John Bono Smithy Satchmo, wake up," cried a voice from downstairs.
"Aw, geez mom, do you think it's a good idea to start our story with such a cliche opening? I mean really, it's not like we've never seen a protagonist get out of bed before.
"Now now, John Bono. The beginning of a story always starts with the beginning of the day. And what a glorious day it is!"
"But you're not even my real mother. Your jsut some fictional character designed to give a trite background to MY character. My real father is still alive, divorced from my real mother for ten years ago."
"Shut your hole, eat, and get along with your adventure."

John Bono had indeed gotten along with his adventure. He was well underway to the card shop when stopped by a "mysterious" character.
"You can come out now," John called, "I've been able to hear you for the last twenty minutes, and it's getting real annoying."
"Think you're clever, do you?" A puff of smoke appeared before Bono, clearing to reveal a ninja like figure.
"Hey, Zelda."
"Zelda? Who is this 'Zelda' you speak of? My name is Shiek--master warrior of the Shiekah."
"So, no one has ever questioned the fact that your name is simply the first five letters of the name of your race, eh? Anyway, why are you following me?"
"I have my reasons. You might say I sense a great feel of destiny about you. You might say that I like to help people in thier impending times of crisis. You might say that I just felt like it. You might say that some hobo payed me $500 bucks, or you might just say that dammit, the story needs somewhere to go and I've already been introduced... So, where we heading?"
"Ah, to the comic shop. We need to pick up a few unglued Magic cards, and I thought I could get in a few games of DDR."
"Dance Dance Revolution?"
"Yeah, so?"
"At a comic shop--in a medieval setting?"
"Hey, it's my perfect fantasy setting, isn't it? And if that's the first loop I'm going to throw you for, we've got a long way to go."
Shiek simpy rolled his eyes and followed along.

"Welcome, valued customers. John Bono. Zelda."
"Who?" Shiek asked with a barely visible tint of read to his visible face."
"Nevermind. What can I do for you gentlemen today?"
John slapped down a twenty dollar bill on the table, "Four packs of Unglued and the rest in quarters."
"Not to bother you again, JB, but why are we buying a parody set of Magic Cards that was discontinued years ago?"
"I already told you, it's part of my secret plan. And no, I won't tell you what the secret plan is, or what it relates to. It wouldn't be a secret plan, then wouldn't it? It's not like your hiding just your identity from me as it is."
The duo moved towards the DDR machine sitting in the back corner of the comic shop, avoiding the close together stands of comics, anime, and other comic related material. They almost made it, but John Bono accidentally bumped into a stand of comics, sending them toppling to the floor.
"hey, what's going on over there?" the shop owner inquired, moving towards the scene of the accident. He gasped. "These are my favorite comics... My favoirte! And you just go and knock them over like that--so recklessly--so carelessly!"
"Um, Bono," Shiek shiverred with fear at the mere tone of the shopkeepers voice, "what did you say the shop owners name was."
"Bruce. Bruce Banner. Why do you ask?"
"Just seeing these precious pieces of culture scattered across the floor, it just makes me... makes me.... makes me..." he studdered, a shade of green appearing on his face, "Angry!"
The mild mannered man transforms almost instantly into a massive man of green skin, and purple hair.
"What a fine mess you've gotten us into, Bono."
"Yeah, um sorry about that sir. I'll gladly pick up any-"
"No time for that," Shiek siezed Bono by the hand, throwing him behind a counter, pulling out a hadful of throwing daggers. "Run--I'll hold him off until we get to a safe distance."
"Oh, I don't think he'll make it to a safe distance," Slim Jim walks in the front door, blocking the exit, while at the same time assuming his favorite pre-fight stance. "Pokeball, go." He pitches a spherical object in front if of John Bono, which instantly opens, a fearsome cat-like creature appearing directly before him. Mocking laughter could be heard from its direction, although it's lips never moved. It simply spun in place and glared straight into John Bono's eyes.
At the same time, a flash of light cam e from behind. John turned to see a small boy in a baseball cap and a striped shirt, standing behind him.
Behind him, John Bono could see that Shiek had his hands just as full with the smashing hulk he faced.
Yes, he thought to himself, allowing a hind of a smirk to pour across his face, seeming almost cocky. It's been too long since I've faced seemingly insurmountable odds. Far too long.
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 12:59 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Let's get this show on the road....

Slim: *Charges up some Chaos Fire*

Mewtwo: *Charges a Shadow ball*

Slim: A little trick I learned John. *Combines the two to create a shadow flame*

Ness: *Just looks up at John*

John: What, arn't you gonna do anything?

Ness: *shakes head no*

John: One less thing too worry about. *Charges out the back door while the Hulk is ocupied* Time to bring the pain! *Hops in a Firefly mech*

Slim: *Clutching the new creation* You think that can stop me Bono?

John: *Shoots Slim with a laser*

Slim: *sizzle* ...That was uncalled for. MEWTWO!

Mewtwo: Yes master....*Uses swift trying to hit the wires on the mech*

Shiek: Okay Bruce, just calm down....we don't want anyone hurt now...

Hulk: You hurt comics! Now me hurt YOU! *Charges foward*

Shiek: *Dodges* Calm down Bruce! I don't want to have to hurt you!

Hulk: *Just turns around and tries again*

Shiek: *Uses the wip*

Hulk: *Breaks wip*

Shiek: Crap...*Uses those ninja things(the name escapes me)*

Hulk: *Just flicks them away while slowy moving foward* You get tired soon...

Shiek: But I can still fight until then!

It's obvious Shiek has an advantage over Hulk, Bono. She is simply tooo nimble for Hulk to hurt. And I'll let you continue from here.
PostTue Jul 01, 2003 8:52 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject: The battle begins
"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap," John Bono moaned, "this is not good, this is not good. And Shiek's just hanging in there, broken chain, throwing knives bouncing off that monster." He set the mech to full throttle, pondering his options, the awesome-powered Pokemon hot on his tail. "Well, at least I know his mental powers have a physical limit." He could feel the tugging at his smaller machine, but at least the swift attack couldn't get through the armor (although it never misses, it also rarely does signifigant damage).
Mewtwo, gradually slowing the hulking mech down while following to a light pace, then racing forward, casting barrier. The feline smashed into the metallic hull like a sack of potatoes into a small child, knocking it on the ground.
Mewtwo floated over the machine, seeming to claim it as a mock prize. John Bono sat motionless in the cockpit, pondering his options. Shiek was no doubt getting pounded into the ground by now, and who knows what Ness was up to. He couldn't let Shiek down--he couldn't let it end like this.
"I musn't run away..."
"I musn't run away..."
"I musn't run away, I musn't run away!"
A laser shot up from the mech, ramming into Mewtwo's still formed barrier. But the attack wasn't meant to harm the creature, merely to distract his attention in mantaining his psychic wall. By the time the cat creature realized said ruse, the firefly was up and running back in the direction of the arcade.
"Let him run," Mewtwo thought, "I think Ness has a special surprise in mind."
But John Bono was already out of range of the psychic speach. he did, however, in his hurry trample acidentally over the body of a recently burned person. "Oops. Sorry about that," he called back.
"It's okay... I think I'm just gonna lie down for a while."
"Bono was about to crash into the entrance, when it occured to him suddenly. "My custom Firefly doesn't have a laser on it!" But it was too late. Already he could feel the cockpit dematerializing around him.
The whole mech was a ruse produced by Ness. John pondered this as he hurled towards the ground and the arcade, straighit into the PK fire Ness had waiting. "This is going to hurt. Bad."
"Naryu's Love!" the psychic attack bounced back towards its source, kocking Ness to the ground. Down, but not out.
John Bono fell to the ground with a painful thump. As he stood up John Bono saw the figure standing before him, the always talented, regal "Zelda! When did you transform from Shiek?"
"Who?"
John Bono instantly face faulted. "Ow, I think I broke my nose--hey, what happened to that Green guy?" he querried as the mild mannered Bruce Banner walked by, happily whistling.
"Well, let's just say I had give a lit of fire. And I don't mean din's," she blushed, "Mister Banner won't be able to perform at his peak level for another half hour or so."
Ness rose to his feat, just as Mewtwo glided into the door. "But you still have us to deal with," he thought aloud.

Note to slim. Don't put me in another Firefly, or bring in my third/fourth teammate in your next post. I have special plans. I also would ask that you don't move us very far from the comic shop, if at all.
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 12:21 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Okay bono. Also, I didn't know your mech layout, so I went with the most resonable choice. There are 12 types of lasers, and I thought yoou might use one of those in your mech. Forgive me. And as for the other requests, that's fine by me. I'm trying not to put too many actions on you.

Mewtwo:*Throws Bono against the wall*

Bono: UGGHHH!!!!

Mewtwo: *Holds him there while ness uses some PK thunder*

Zelda: *Casts Nayru's love on Bono, and the PK thunder harmlessly bounces off*

Mewtwo: YOU WENCH!

Slim:*outside* doesn't anyone care about me?

Ness: *Starts beating Zelda with a bat*

Bruce: *Justs sits at the counter with his feet up while reading Sluggula*

Mewtwo: You can't protect him forever, Zelda...Not while ness is pumeling you anyway....

End post. Sorry, but I can't think very well on a basis like this.
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 11:05 am
Green-Bird

Veteran

Post subject:
Uggh, man, Slim you may actually have him beat! The underdog may win!
I know I will die if I could come back new

Wilco- Ashes of American Flags
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 11:13 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
This is the best fight I've read yet. Bono, I'm so totally fighting you eventually. I don't care what format.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Sorry it's been so long-- I haven't had the internet access...
A light flickers overhead, broken from the Hulk's earlier rampage.
"John Bono!" Zelda cried, "if only Shiek were here--he could teach you the perfect song to get out of this jam! But where, oh where could we find Shiek?"
"Alright," asked John, "would you guys mind turning around for a second?"
"Okay," said Bruce, "although it's highly unorthodox to give your opponent such an opportunity, I don't see why not."
"O-K," Ness nodded, and tourned around.
Mewtwo gave a sigh, as he swivled with his back towards Zelda.
Behind me I heard a short chiming sound. The flickering light froze, half lighted. I turned around to see Shiek standing before me, my adversaries frozen in time.
"Shiek!" I faked surprise, "How did you ever get here? And where's Zelda?"
A light melody from what sounds like nowhere begins to play, from a nonexistant harp. Shiek himself pulls out his own.
"Friend's go, and we struggle with our trials as time progresses. But new friends are always made, and we always find the strength and will to persevere.
"John Bono--it is no coincidence that you formed a DDR machine in this comic shop. It could be said that destiny itself had a hand in its placement.
"Step on the pad and follow along."
Shiek began playing his instrument, at a phenominal speed, considering its make. John would've estimated its speed at 180BPM, bout that would've just been a guess. The guide arrows at the top of the screen started flashing, and soon, arrows appeared, for John Bono to fall in step. All in eighth notes, he followed along. Right foot to the right arrow, then left to the up, bringing his right foot behind his left, then a jump to the down and right arrows, back mostly facing the machine. An eighth not pause, then brought his foot to the left arrow, completing the spin, followed by the right foot to the up arrow. Then came a pair of two left,up,left sixteenth note sequences, fowwled by an up arrow, still on the eighth notes, to left (meaning he now brought his left foot behind his right), up, left (bringing ut back to a natural postion). then down, he moved his right foot, right (his left foot now moved across in front of his right), down, left, up-down jump (which he executed by turnung his body to the left), then a left right jump a quarter note later, ending another spin and the pattern.
A joyous, harmonic song, familiar to Shiek played.
"Congratulations, John Bono. You have learned the Mantra of Actialization"
The light began to flicker again as time unfroze, John's opponent's coming into awareness.
Mewtwo and Ness turned to notice John and Zelda towards their backs, but Shiek and John standing towards the back of the arcade.
"Fools," Mewtwo thought, charging a shadow ball, "your trickery means nothing to us. We bear the most powerful of skills. You cannot fool--you cannot outthink us!"
"PK Fire!"
Shiek shot a line of throwing knives at the fire attack named after him.
"No!" John cried, jumping in front of her, expecting the inevitable shadow ball to come through the wall of fire (which was obscuring Shiek's view) created by the collision of Ness's PK Fire and Shiek's needles.
I hope one of these packs has a foil in them, he thought, ripping open two packs in his haste, throwing them blindly in the direction Mewtwo, hoping the scatter of cards would stop the shadow ball, and, if he was lucky, a foil would reflect the shadow ball.
No such luck. The ball seemingly burned through the first line of cards, dissapating as it went. It was not, however fully dissapated by the time it reached Bono, as he soon realized after sailing across the room, hitting hard against the wall of the room.
Shiek had taken the opportunity to leap towards the psychic duo, knives in hand as he cast them towards his foes.
Mewtwo simply cast a barrier, blocking the missiles wile ness launched a PK thunder in Shieks direction.
Shiek seemed to change his direction in mid air, landing and blocking before Ness's attack could come full circle, and run into him. He then dashed forward, running into Ness (which knocked him into the air, then bringing his arms up, then down, with a quick stroke intended to strike Mewtwo. Mewtwo, however, simply vanished for a quarter second during the attack. But Shiek had taken the time to execute a a double spin kick, placing his hands on the floor for support, and knocking his advasaries in opposite directions with he heels of his feet. He then executed two swift kicks towards Mewtwo, connecting with the second and sending the cat creature towards the front door.
John had taken this time to fall to the floor, then notice one card lying on the floor, face up, which hadn't been burnt by Mewtwo's shadow ball. He chuckled a little, realizing it was B.F.M. (Big Furry Monster) Right--half of his second teammate--or at least its inanimate incarnation. To satisfy his curiosity, he opened the remaining two packs, and sure enough, the rare in his final pack was none other than B.F.M. Right. And then they started to glow. Not only glow, they radiated with a thousand foils. The Mantra of Actualization he realized. Now he knew what to do.
He then vanished in a puff of smoke, singing Ness, who was sneaking up on him, then came frome above with a kick to the head of the rising child. He finished the combo with a rising kick, sending the psychic in the air, followed by a jump faster than ness was rising, and an upward drill kick, sending ness through the ceiling.
"Well, well, well," Slim walked in, making the best attempt to look composed, givin his condition, "Shiek always was the cheapest character in Melee. But can you handle all three of us?" he strode towards Shiek.
That's when John Bono acted. Dashing from his position a good twenty feet away, he slapped the remaining half of his partner on the floor beside the other. "Let's see how you handle all three of us."
Everything froze. Everything froze, but the broken light still flickered. Everyone was stopped, not by the ceasing of time's passage, but of the low, ominous rumble quaking beneath thier feet. THe rumble became paced, and they all knew what was coming.
It sprang up a mere mile from the quaint shop, rising as if from nothing from the ground. Already they could see it dwaved the store, or even most skyscrapers. Standing easily three hundred meters, it ws only a short jog to the shop.
It was big. Really, really big. No, bigger than that. Even bigger. Keep going. More. No, More. Look, we're talking krakens and dreadnoughts for jewelry. It was big!
"The biggest, baddest, nastiest, scariest creature you'll ever see," John Bono said in awe.
PostMon Jul 07, 2003 5:15 pm
TheWorldWeKnow

Frequenter

Post subject:
hmm, I may have to switch to that "storytelling" type format of Bono's for the tourney...easier to write and it results in a clearer fight post...
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 12:51 am
SlimJim

Veteran

Post subject:
Slim: Well well well...so a third member shows...Mewtwo NOW!

Mewtwo: *Quickly grabs Shiek and holds her with a shadow ball next to her head*

John: You wouldn't!

Mewtwo: Want to try me?

Slim: *Flies up to the BFM* Wow...this thing is huge...*Reaches his face*

BFM: Hi there!

Ness: *Looks around*Well Bono it's just you, me, Shiek, Mewtwo, and the fanboy over there...

Bruce: Gwaaaa...*Reads more comics*

Mewtwo: So let's begin...*Shoves Shadow ball into Shieks head, incapacitating her for what could be several days*

*Fairy flies up*

Ness: *Squashes fairy with a baseball bat*

Mewtwo: Now then...*Charges a shadow ball*

Ness: Looks like you're out of tricks, Bono...*PK toss*

Slim: Awww...Don't be sad...I'm sure people like hulking monstrosities...

BFM: *Sob* Really?

Slim: I'm sure of it...Only thing is they don't like it when you destroy buildings...

BFM: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Slim: oops There there...*Pats him*
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 10:51 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
TheWorldWeKnow wrote:
hmm, I may have to switch to that "storytelling" type format of Bono's for the tourney...easier to write and it results in a clearer fight post...

Umm... No, it's actually a lot harder and involved. Trust me, the simple actions and dialogue are a LOT easier. I have used both. I just like to leave an imbact when I write, so I chose a different format that could mantain continuity. Razz
I would only suggest my format if you want to spend a lot of time on your posts, or have them look like crap.
PostTue Jul 08, 2003 11:42 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
No, Bono, seriously, your posts are superb. They're quite different and in that way, AWESOME to read. I'm so totally enjoying this fight. And usually I don't enjoy fights that aren't my own.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostWed Jul 09, 2003 10:53 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Semi Anime-Related Babble All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

Jump to: