нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Current/New anime discussion forum
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Current/New anime discussion forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Create a forum for discussion about currently airing anime?
Yes, I would like a forum to discuss currently airing anime in japan
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
No, I will wait for 4kids to grab a show before i discuss it
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Gouf strapped to whatever
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject: Current/New anime discussion forum
After Gundam Seed finished in the US last friday, I said to myself, "boy, I'd like to discuss with the other gundam fans about whats currently happening in Gundam Seed Destiny." Originally, I thought i'd just convert the current Gundam Seed thread into a discussion place for whats going on in Destiny right now. But then again, some people might not be finished with their discussions on SEED and may not want to have destiny spoiled for them.

Ok, so how bout a new thread for Destiny? Seemed like a good Idea, but with all the other Gundam threads/polls out there right now, why have another one? Then there are the people who hate spoilers and refuse to watch it until the dub is on CN. They'll still read it and complain. So I nixed that idea.

So then it hit me. What if we had a forum devoted to anime currently airing in Japan? For those of us who are watching fansubs of shows currently airing, it would make a great place for us to create discussion threads. I purposed this idea to Tyler and he said to poll for interest in that kind of forum. So here we are.

If you think it would be nice to have a forum where you could discuss the anime that is currently airing in Japan, simply vote Yes. If you could care less, don't vote.

As with the rules of the TI Board, there will be rules that must be followed in this forum.

1) There will be no posting of sites or links of locations where you download fansubs. If someone would like to know where to find a fansub, they would have to PM a member or google it.

-Because some groups release eps faster than others, a system for spoilers needs to be in place-

2) If the threads are made by topic (ie Gundam SEED Destiny thread), then posts made within 48 hrs of the show's airing must be marked as spoilers. After 48hrs, most groups have put out a new episode and it should be considered safe to post without spoiling. If the threads are made by episodes (ie Gundam SEED Destiny ep 26 thread), then there should be no need to mark spoilers since people will post in there once they have seen it.

3) If a show becomes licensed, well, it won't really effect the discussion so don't worry about that. If someone is going to download a show, then theres not much that can be done to stop that.

Those are the only rules I can think of. I'd like to hear everyones input on this idea of mine.

** Revision Number 1 **

Who ever moderates this forum should make a sticky called announcments at the top. That way we have way of announcing new anime coming out and shows that have become licensed.

Also, I'm still debating on whether to have only one thread devoted to a whole series, or multiple threads for every episode (helps to keep spoilers down until you've had a chance to see it). If we go with the single thread for mass discussion, then I'd like to have the mod add '[Licensed]' in front of the title when a series is licensed.

I'll add more revisions as they come to me.

Last edited by KingSpanky on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 12:15 pm
Alshoff

Post subject:
I'd prefer a zero tolerance policy on spoilers. Anyone caught posting a spoiler without proper protections will be immediately banned.

Then, rabid dogs will be sent to kill their parents.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 12:52 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or, you know, you could just make a new thread in the anime discussion forum with "SPOILERS" in the subject line.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 12:59 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo wrote:
Or, you know, you could just make a new thread in the anime discussion forum with "SPOILERS" in the subject line.

1 new thread for all the new anime thats out there? I think not. Plus, for those who want to wait for the anime to be dubbed, everything about the thread will be a spoiler. No, simply putting threads regarding new shows in the animation discussion forum will not do. If we devote a new forum to threads discussing anime in Japan, not only will it keep the animation discussion thread clean (IE not a bunch of threads about each new episode) but because its a forum about currently airing anime, it should be a given that there will be spoilers.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 1:07 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'll look into making an actual 'spoiler' tag
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 1:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
That would be an incredible help.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 1:14 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:

1 new thread for all the new anime thats out there? I think not. Plus, for those who want to wait for the anime to be dubbed, everything about the thread will be a spoiler.

Thus, the "SPOILERS" tag in the thread title. Wink
I'm with Bono. We have a prefectly decent, under-utilized discussion forum (hell, they all are) that all your show discussion could fit into already. And I'd keep it a one thread per series while I was at it.
I highly doubt you're going to generate enough show discussion to warrant a separate forum anyway.
And if Doug can get a spoiler tag system implemented into the board software, you'd be all set.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 4:29 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
If doug can get a working spoiler tag system going then I'm all for having this in the existing Animation Discussion thread. The only reason for having a seperate forum was due to the fact that we don't have a spoiler system.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 5:47 pm
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:

Thus, the "SPOILERS" tag in the thread title. Wink
I'm with Bono. We have a prefectly decent, under-utilized discussion forum (hell, they all are) that all your show discussion could fit into already. And I'd keep it a one thread per series while I was at it.
I highly doubt you're going to generate enough show discussion to warrant a separate forum anyway.
And if Doug can get a spoiler tag system implemented into the board software, you'd be all set.

Wow, it's like all I have to do is say a sentence or two and Nobu will explain to everyone what I mean.
Nifty.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 5:52 pm
AdmiralGreer

Obsessor

Post subject:
KingSpanky wrote:
If doug can get a working spoiler tag system going then I'm all for having this in the existing Animation Discussion thread. The only reason for having a seperate forum was due to the fact that we don't have a spoiler system.

People are going to post spoilers no matter what. Everyone keeps trying to do that to me with Star Wars- implying things like Anakin becoming Darth Vader...

Just start a new thread. If you build it, they will come.

And this is post #1000. Unlike Paper though, I'm not going to be whore and change my name. Respect me, and respect The Face.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 6:30 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wow, it's like all I have to do is say a sentence or two and Nobu will explain to everyone what I mean.
Nifty.

If only the reverse were true, John... Sad

KingSpanky wrote:
The only reason for having a seperate forum was due to the fact that we don't have a spoiler system.

Well, even if we had a tag system and labeled each thread with the word "SPOILERS" in big, blinking neon letters, someone would still complain. It wouldn't be justifiable, however, since they were warned beforehand.
And you'd get to insult them. That's a big plus for you. Wink

I think the best way to handle it is to clearly label the thread at the beginning and just rot13 any big spoilers. Make them work to spoil themselves.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 6:31 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Yes nobu, you would think that. But why not have the spoiler tag system as well? At least with the tags, spoilers posted by nubs can be modified with 2 simple tags and BAM, *the spoiler can not be seen unless purposely viewed.* Then again, nfxvat gur zbqf gb cbyvpr gur sbehzf, rqvgvat rirel ahof cbfg fb gung fcbvyref ner uvqqra juvyr ergnvavat gur ahof bevtvany cbfg jbhyq or sne gb zhpu jbex sbe gur zbqf. And I wouldn't want to put a strain on poor Nobu.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 11:40 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Your sarcasm overestimates the strain that the n00bs puts on us 6 mods.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 11:49 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Stress? What stress? Easy as cake...
Actually, it's nice to know that someone's looking out for my stress levels. Wink
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 11:54 pm
KingSpanky

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hmmm, must've hit a nerve with that one. Point made though. With the tags, the long time members can at least police themselves on spoilers and help set an example for nubs: therefore reducing the number of editing the over worked mods must endure.

Also CP, simply changing the color of a spoiler will not work. Different monitors have different levels of Gamma set and what may look unreadable to you, may be crystal clear to someone else.
PostTue Apr 19, 2005 11:59 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: