нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Anime openings missing in action?
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Anime openings missing in action?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m_mattimeo

Post subject: Anime openings missing in action?
Does anyone know why Toonami/AS don't show openings of shows? Because if they cut some of the random AS things (although those are DAM funny! I'd rather they stay and cut something else) then I know they have room enough. Sigh... I guess I just would love to see the trigun opening every night. Very Happy

And yes, I do realize they play it on some, like JL (erg...) and Cowboy Bebop.
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 6:37 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Williams Street blames the cutting of the OPs because "they take up too much time," but that's just a BS excuse they made up. No one knows the real reason, to be honest.
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 6:42 pm
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
My theory is they like to show off their homemade openings.
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Williams Street blames the cutting of the OPs because "they take up too much time," but that's just a BS excuse they made up. No one knows the real reason, to be honest.

I happen to agree with them for the most part. Alot of openings are really quite bad (ei. clips from episodes or just moving stills - like big o) and well, a good deal of the songs are annoying - again, big o, for example.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 7:22 pm
m_mattimeo

Post subject:
spook, I dunno about the fact that sooo many of them suck. As I mentioned, I'm just annoyed by JL's opening. However Trigun has a pretty good opening, and song also.

I'm interested also if FLCL has an opening. One show I missed also was Inu Yasha (I'm a relative newcomer to AS) and I was wondering if they played the op with "Change the World," because that song is the ****!

I think that it is BS for not playing them. I have to agree with Beefy for Toonami at least. I remember that promo for Toonami talking about bringing the best toons and the "badest beats around." I'd say that covers Toonami's show-off openings. sigh....
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 10:46 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
m_mattimeo wrote:

I'm interested also if FLCL has an opening.

There is no opening for FLCL.
Quote:
One show I missed also was Inu Yasha (I'm a relative newcomer to AS) and I was wondering if they played the op with "Change the World," because that song is the ****!

They played it for the first two episodes on ASA Saturdays back in the day, then dropped it.
I personally thought it was, pardon my n00b, "teh s uck." YMMV.
PostTue Aug 19, 2003 11:08 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
They played it for the first two episodes on ASA Saturdays back in the day, then dropped it.

They played "Change the World" MUCH longer than that.
PostWed Aug 20, 2003 1:18 am
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if/when TDA will have the Big O season 2 intro?
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 2:55 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if/when TDA will have the Big O season 2 intro?

Never. That type of clip is for ASU to handle.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 3:00 am
AngelKnight2780

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:

Never. That type of clip is for ASU to handle.

If that's the case, then why do they have the OP and ED of Sailorstars (no hope of it making it to the US in licenced form) in the Sailor Moon collection? While I understand that the opening appeared on AS, it is part of a show that they have in their collection, and there is precident for them to add it, if for no other reason than completeness.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 3:12 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
I personally thought it was, pardon my n00b, "teh s uck." YMMV.

No one asked you old man Razz I liked it.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 5:32 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
AngelKnight2780 wrote:
If that's the case, then why do they have the OP and ED of Sailorstars (no hope of it making it to the US in licenced form) in the Sailor Moon collection? While I understand that the opening appeared on AS, it is part of a show that they have in their collection, and there is precident for them to add it, if for no other reason than completeness.

Although the first season of Big O may have aired on both blocks, the second season is an Adult Swim exclusive, so it doesn't belong on TDA.

And Sailor Stars DOES have a possible chance in making it to the US in licensed form, it's just that no distribution companies have considered picking it up yet, and if no one has the guts, who knows, maybe YOU could be the one to bring Sailor Stars to America by setting up an anime company of your own. Or you could at least become an employee at an existing one (i.e. FUNimation, ADV, etc.) and pitch the idea to your bosses, saying that the fans want it, it'll give the company great sales, etc. etc., and maybe, just MAYBE, they'll try a shot at it.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 10:32 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:

And Sailor Stars DOES have a possible chance in making it to the US in licensed form, it's just that no distribution companies have considered picking it up yet, and if no one has the guts, who knows, maybe YOU could be the one to bring Sailor Stars to America by setting up an anime company of your own.

But if you Ask John, it's Toei who doesn't have the guts to let it be licensed and risk ruining Sailor Moon's "safe for kids" reputation. Rolling Eyes

Meh.
PostSat Aug 30, 2003 11:45 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Wha--? Shocked Oh, man!

Quote:
According to Mr. Greenfield, Toei Animation is simply afraid that the potentially controversial sexual innuendo and themes in the Sailorstars season may tarnish the mainstream American perception of Sailormoon as non-controversial, non-offensive animation suitable for all ages and hurt sales of Sailormoon videos and merchandise in America.

Haven't they heard of editing? Rolling Eyes

I guess they really ARE that stupid...
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 12:41 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Haven't they heard of editing? Rolling Eyes

I guess they really ARE that stupid...

This is Matt Greenfield of ADV we're talking about...I don't think ADV would want to antagonize the otaku masses ( Razz ) by actually editing shows. Very Happy

But if any company has the "power of per$ua$ion" to get Toei to change its mind, it's ADV. A sub-only, uncut full-season boxset for the hardcore fans (like the first season boxset) would be right up their alley.

P.S. those aren't typos. Wink
PostSun Aug 31, 2003 3:24 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: