нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Up in the sky its a ... piece of crap
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Up in the sky its a ... piece of crap
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject: Up in the sky its a ... piece of crap
Now I know I haven't been a happy poster lately. But this just added to my pain. I am forty-five minutes into Superman:Brainiac Attacks. And I have to say there are so so many issues with this.

Whats wrong with the characters set by the animated show and also set by Justice League?

Lets start with Lex. First they used a different voice actor. Which doesn't make sense since Lex was just in JLU this year. And they changed him to some kind of sniveling child billionaire. WTH?!

"I just build em"

Thats his excuse when the Lexcorp stuff breaks. I mean really? And Mercy is attached to his side as well. Only one line was correct between Lex and Mercy "I pay you to like me". Oh yeah lets not forget that Mercy is a blonde, well more white/gray(quality Korean coloring at its finest), in this. She's a brunette in her Superman:TAS and Justice League appearances.

The only thing I can fiqure is they are trying to make him more like Kevin Spacey's character from the upcoming movie. Otherwise why have we broken one of the better animated villans. Please don't tell me this is a sign of The Superman if it ever gets made.

Ok lets move to Big Blue himself. Well he and Jimmy are both in heat. Did I mention this was going to be full of spoilers? No. Well I did now. So moving on. We have Supe's thinking about telling Lois about who he is. Because he wants to settle down. No I am not making this up. Superman wants to settle down and have a little super family of his very own. And to do this. He needs to tell Lois who he is. So she will trust Clark/Superman and allow him to have supersex with her (check google for a 1979 article on why this is a bad idea. It involves millions of super flying sperm that have blown out the back of Supermans girlfriend).

And good old Jimmy Olson (one of the few characters with his correct series voice) wants to date Mercy. And Lois is trying to set him up as well with this girl at work. She see's him fawning all over pictures of Mercy (thankfully none are sticking together. But I wouldn't have put that passesd this piece of crap)

Its lammmmme.

Then theres the ... oh hell let me say it... the plot (hard to even type that). Which involves a watered down, wronged voice, weak thing thats passing itself off as Brainiac. First he has brain control over weapons systems after he downloads the information (um..yeah you know thats wrong to.. but lets move on). And he makes pinball sounds when hes using his "powers". Then he beats Superman up bad with an unbelieveable space laser. Which in itself has more plot holes then I will bore you with.

Supe's gets beaten down by Brainiac who insists on calling him "Son of krypton" and when he scans for him he has the S shield as an icon. If you remember ANY of the shows. He never called him that. But hey look at this. Superman remembers he has frozen breath. Apparently he was watching a powerpuff rerun where he saw one of the girls using it and tried it out.

Oh yeah this knocks brainiac out dead! He then smashes him into a million pieces.

Is this miserable excuse for a cartoon over? Oh no this is just getting started. Lex wants control of the earth and Fakeiac wants to see Superman dead. So they make a deal. And Brainiac goes all nanotech and merges with a satellite.

um... what?!

Maybe I was looking forward to this to much. I thought the timing was interesting comign so soon after the end of JLU. It was a good sign that maybe the characters werent done.

But this isnt a good sign. This is worse then Big O season 2. This is Hamtaro bad. Dare I say this borders on the Mr Freeze episode of The Batman.

This isnt even MST3k so bad its funny. This is just painful
PostSat Jun 17, 2006 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nuava

Post subject:
I really can't add anything to that, they seriously screwed with the enemies in this movei for no apperent reason, after the first 30 mintues of seeing Brainiac cringe (robots don't show emotion!!) and hearing Luthor say "Brain Freeze" after Superman froze Brainiac I was pretty much done with the thing. I was thinking the same thing when it came to Luthor about trying to be close to the movie versoin, I really hope I'm wrong.
PostSat Jun 17, 2006 10:59 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'm almost certain that this movie was made with a few Suits sitting around going "People love Superman. And as far as enemies go, people love Brainiac and Lex Luther. What if they team up and then all sorts of crazy shenanigans happen!"

It was no where near the quality of the show. Or the other show. Or the other other show. It felt like they were trying to make something that would appeal to kiddies, as opposed to something that would be good.

I cringe every time I realize that the industry will never, ever get this: it's possible to make something GOOD that isn't aimed at ONE demographic. For an example of an exception (a movie that isn't aimed at one age/gender group), see The Incredibles.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSun Jun 18, 2006 12:32 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I didn't watch the movie. I read a review of it over at AICN and decided to stay away from it.
PostSun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I didn't even watch most of it. I just switched over to it when there were commercials in VH-1's airing of The Breakfast Club.

That's right. This Superman Movie was so bad that it was used as filler during The Breakfast Club.

EDIT: Just looked up this peice of crap on IMDB. The person that directed it ALSO directed Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, in addition to a few Superman, Batman, and Project Zeta episodes. One of the two writers wrote Aladan: Return of Jafar, and episodes for various shows such as Tail Spin, Men in Black, and Jackie Chan adventures. In fact, the only pock mark on his record seems to be the Batman VS Dravule credit to his name (never heard of it before now, but seriously, it CAN'T be good . . . ). The other writer is basically unknown.

I honestly thing it comes down to the producers, who's past credits are, among others, inlcuding the following (all in the last 10 years or less):

A few Scooby Doo direct to video movies, a Madeline TV something, an Inspector Gadget TV something, and one last guy who's worked on that Scooby Doo shits and also about half the series that the WB has produced in the past few years (and also Teen Titans),

The Cinematographer has, as far as IMDB is concerned, ONLY worked on this Superman Movie (it shows). The editor was Second Assistant Editor on Monser's inc., but has very little else to her name.

I really do feel this movie is a case of "LET"S MAKE MONEYS!" and lacks all thought of "Hey, let's make this good. That would make us more moneys."

And also, let's be honest. Bruce Timm's name is BLAZINGLY conspicuously missing.

PostSun Jun 18, 2006 6:35 pm
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
Well Bruce Timm and Paul Dini have both sworn off DC i believe. So this also doesn't look like a good sign for the new Justice Society show.

As for the fact that the director also worked on Return of the Joker isn't a good sign. Because after the huge edit they did on it. It might be a case of just sending the sheep to slaughter before the cuts had to be made.

What do we think this will mean with the upcoming Teen Titans movie? Thats been out of production longer
PostSun Jun 18, 2006 7:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
In fact, the only pock mark on his record seems to be the Batman VS Dravule credit to his name (never heard of it before now, but seriously, it CAN'T be good . . . )

I had the... misfortune of watching this at a friends. While they seemed to enjoy it. I hated every second of the thing. The Batman is bad enough as it is, that movie just dragged it down to a brand new level. *sigh* It's sad to see that one of my childhood heros end up like this. I just pray Superman doesn't get a "The Batman" like remake....
PostSun Jun 18, 2006 8:39 pm
Gundam0084

Veteran

Post subject:
You should be proud of yourself, Fodder. I didn't even make it past the first 20 minutes. I gave up at the point where Luthor (who sounded suspiciously like Gorilla Grodd from JLU) offered Superman an espresso.
PostSun Jun 18, 2006 9:20 pm
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
I REALLY wish I had a copy of that "ALL I WANT IS PANTS! A DECENT! PAIR OF! PANTS!!!" Cartoon Network promo around now . . . now THAT was hte best that Lex Luthor has ever been.

PostSun Jun 18, 2006 10:54 pm
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Fodder, you my boy Blue, but
DON'T FUCKING LUMP HAMTARO IN WITH THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

I can't believe Powers Booth signed on to this... I can't believe Dini/Timm aren't forming a militia over this... I can't believe Henrikson was in this movie (I really, really thought Booth was double dipping)... I can't believe that (in a way) they brought back Richard Donner's biggest transgression The Super Kiss.

I can't believe I watched this whole damn thing.
PostMon Jun 19, 2006 4:46 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I sat through the whole thing.

Fodder summed up everything well. It felt like a poorly written Superman fanfic made into a movie.

Great way to promote the DVD release by showing it 3 days early, Toonami. Now we're sure to avoid this. Smile Thanks for the warning in advance, guys!
PostMon Jun 19, 2006 5:17 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
JKyle wrote:
I can't believe that (in a way) they brought back Richard Donner's biggest transgression The Super Kiss.

Don't lay that on Donner, my friend. Blame the Salkinds and Richard Lester.
PostMon Jun 19, 2006 5:26 am
JKyle

Veteran

Post subject:
Nobuyuki wrote:
JKyle wrote:
I can't believe that (in a way) they brought back Richard Donner's biggest transgression The Super Kiss.

Don't lay that on Donner, my friend. Blame the Salkinds and Richard Lester.
Is your new avatar a reminder that the world sucks?

Because I know that.

P.S. Point well taken, but seriously, FUCK THE SUPER KISS.
PostMon Jun 19, 2006 5:39 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Hey, don't knock Nobu's avatar. It's spiffy and a half . . . makes me giggle it does . . .

PostMon Jun 19, 2006 10:54 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
While we're feeling the love here. And since this does apply to the two different voice actors who both voiced Lex.

My wife and I were having a discussion on Lex's background. Is he an African American or caucasian? I think he's the former. She say's the later with a good tan.
PostMon Jun 19, 2006 3:19 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: