нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Step into the Grand Tour
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Step into the Grand Tour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject: Step into the Grand Tour
Wow, 17:1 episode compression ratio! At that pace we only have another 3 episodes until reruns start again. Laughing

It looks like the dub job has hit a new low, at least in the script writting department. I understand why they rolled the first 17 episodes into one to keep their their target audience's attention but it leaves more plot holes than you can shake a power pole at.

What are you impressions on toonami's GT?
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 7:00 pm
Mercury

Post subject:
I knew nothing about GT up until todays episode,I didnt realize they had "condensed" the series like that.Makes sense though,it seemed to jump feet first into the story unlike DB/DBZ.It also make sense why the little robot first eats their radar then a scene later is giving them a tour of the planet.
I'm willing to give it a chance because I liked DB & DBZ so much,though my first impression is that it's got this Digimon feel to it.
The artwork is much improved(background scenery anyways).
First continuity problem I see is the black star dragonballs.
Back in DB Kami said he made the dragon/balls after he became guardian to give the people of Earth hope or something along those lines and wasnt planning on resurrecting the dragon after Piccolo(Sr?Daimo?) destroyed Shenron because the balls where used more often than not for greedy purposes.Goku's pure heart and intentions won him over and he resurrected the dragon blah blah blah.
Piccolo found out about the dragonballs through Pilaf yet in GT Pilaf states the black star balls were made by Kami when he and Piccolo were still one person.
All this happened on Earth but the bad guys already know about the dragonballs?
With the flaw that the balls scatter over the galaxy and must be returned within one year or the planet the wish was made on explodes why not just travel to Earth and make your wish?

I know I know,its just a cartoon,artistic license and all that.
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 7:42 pm
Mercury

Post subject:
double post Embarassed
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 7:42 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
meh, i'm kind of indifferent about today's episode...

i was originally intrigued about having goku back to his early "dragonball" form, but it already seemed lame by the end of the episode...i'm assuming the interactions with the older characters were severely limited due to them starting with a recap episode, which killed the "revisiting" moments that i like in my shows...vegeta's new look made me drop out of my seat, while i have yet to see my man yamcha or even piccolo around...

the animation looked good though, enhanced further by the fact that i'm used to watching dragonball's dated visuals right now...i'm not really feeling the plot yet, but i know better than to rely on it when it comes: i'm here for the fights, and it looks like this goku's gonna fight a bit flashier than his db character...

i'll give 'em credit though, they're trying to create a new spark within the tried-and-true formula, so i'll stick with it and see how it turns out...
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 8:12 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
What was the name of that little android again? Giryu?

Is it just me, or does he sound EXACTLY like Jar Jar Binks?
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 10:25 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Step into the Grand Tour
WhtHawk wrote:
Wow, 17:1 episode compression ratio!

And yet, I don't feel as if I've missed anything important...
PostFri Nov 07, 2003 10:56 pm
dragonA

Post subject:
Appearantly, the missing info actually is extremely important to the series.
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 1:03 am
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
HA i didn't even know GT was on toonami, shows how how much i actually watch Toonami nowadays eh?
Man I have not watched toonami in a couple of months, i stopped watching around the time when they started airing Cyborg 009, or immediately after the last DBZ episode. they really need to get something new (not SD Gundam) and good.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 1:19 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Toriyama must have been on crack if he ever gave them the right to make this....
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 1:53 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Zechs wrote:
Toriyama must have been on crack if he ever gave them the right to make this....

It's not Toriyama's fault this series isn't as good as the previous two shows. Blame the animators at Toei for putting some sleaze ball in charge instead of him. Mad
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 2:15 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
It's called capitolism. Toriyama wanted out after Freiza, but the fans demanded he continue. So he did hte Cell saga and tried to make Gohan the main character. That's what he wanted. That's why he had Gohan kill Cell. FAns hated that. Toriyama wanted out, but couldn't get out. So he did the OBSCENELY long Buu Saga, which got crappier and crappier anc crappier. So after that he could finally leave. However, they still wanted to capitolize on Goku and the gang, so they made GT. I watched a bit of it yesterday, and got bored. *Shrug*

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 8:49 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Everyone has heard the whole story fo "GT SUKZ CUZ TORIYUMA WUSSENT PIRT UF ET!!1" though most heard it without the n00b acsent.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 3:02 pm
WhtHawk

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Step into the Grand Tour
Nobuyuki wrote:
WhtHawk wrote:
Wow, 17:1 episode compression ratio!

And yet, I don't feel as if I've missed anything important...

Considering the target audience, we didn't miss anything. As a fan of anime in general, the first few episodes are hilarious.
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 3:08 pm
Beatdiggga

Obsessor

Post subject:
I didn't watch it. I watched it with some scripts on the International Channel a while back. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with anything except the ending. Homer Simpson deserves something like that when his show finally gets cancelled.
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 7:57 pm
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
You want Homer to reach Super Simpsa-jin 4?

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostSat Nov 08, 2003 8:37 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: