нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Your Questions about BIG O, because we know you have them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Or that. That'll work.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 8:13 am
m_mattimeo

Post subject:
I'm sure this will assure everyone of my newbie-ness/un-otakuness, but what is FLCL?
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 9:19 am
John_Bono_Smithy_Satchmo

Obsessor

Post subject:
Don't worry, I'm not so sure myself.
PostThu Jul 24, 2003 11:15 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
m_mattimeo wrote:
I'm sure this will assure everyone of my newbie-ness/un-otakuness, but what is FLCL?

I think I'll let my good friend Andrew "The Eyebrow King" Richards tell you what it's about:

Quote:
Some stuff happens, and the stuff is really awesomely cool and funny.

Seriously, I'm afraid that you're not going to get a better explanation than that from anyone here, since 1) part of the appeal is going in not knowing what to expect and 2) most people who watch it don't have a clue what went on anyways.

In other words, it's very weird and random. Ironically, the series' randomness makes this series one of the greatest anime series ever made on most otakus lists.

It'll be airing on Adult Swim on August 4 at midnight. You can check it out then. Trust us, it'll blow your mind. (Literally!)
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 2:51 am
counterparadox

Obsessor

Post subject:
Back to Big O, that was the best fight scene yet. Yet the names (of people, not the mega-deuces) keep confusing me. And I forget who that fire-journalist-guy is. Or was. Or whatever. But that was awesome to see just how much damage the Big O does by compressing air, when he missed the Big Duo and hit 5 buildings in a row, just hollowing them out.

Play City of Heroes/Villians? Look me up, Pinnacle server, @C Paradox
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 8:20 am
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
Well Micheal Zaboc is Swartbald. After he found out what happen 40 yrs ago and some how got burned, thats what he changed his name too. He must just keep exploring the underground tunnles and ruiens finding these mega duces.

What I want to know is what was the point of showing Dorthy at the end there showing up where Angel called ROger?

Thats what it is all about!
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 8:29 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
CollegeBum wrote:
Well Micheal Zaboc is Swartbald.

[nitpick]His name is Schwartzwald.[/nitpick]

Anyway, yeah. The fight between the two Bigs kicked ass. "Enemy Is Another Big!" is my favorite season 1 episode. I can't wait to see what Big Trio's power is like in season 2. Mr. Green
PostFri Jul 25, 2003 11:41 pm
CollegeBum

Frequenter

Post subject:
I hope that they finish up the series so we can find out what happen 40 yrs ago. I cant wait 3 more years for to find out

Thats what it is all about!
PostSat Jul 26, 2003 12:04 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
Will Big O 2 only be airing sundays?
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 12:33 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Goldfinger2K wrote:

Yes.

Sundays at 11PM.

Don't worry. You're not the only one here who thinks it's a weird time slot...
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 1:08 am
Zechs

Obsessor

Post subject:
Probably to make room for Blue Gender.
PostSun Jul 27, 2003 1:34 pm
Goldfinger2K

Obsessor

Post subject:
At least it's relatively early so it's easier for me to catch it.

peace
"Toonami, better than getting kicked in the nuts!"-me
"If I was so inclined, I would have groped you five times!"^O^hohohohoho!-Vash
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 12:15 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
Goldfinger2K wrote:

Yes.

Sundays at 11PM.

Don't worry. You're not the only one here who thinks it's a weird time slot...

It makes perfect sense to me for it.

1) It's almost garunteed to get an audience becuase everyone is still up.
2) It will stretch out the 13 episodes longer giving them a longer run.
3) It's to short to make a decent run on a 4 day a week slot.
4) It clears a slot for a longer series.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 1:57 am
Fodder

Obsessor

Post subject:
What was the point of Dorothy at the end of the episode? Funny it took me a second watching of it to catch the significance. Dorothy noticed where Big Duo was trying to go to. And went to the room it was pointing at. She found Angels cigarette. Which implies either that a)Angel was controlling it or b)Shes key to background of the mystery. Angel has most of her memories. Unlike the head of Paradigm who has all of them. Actually the first time I saw it I thought Dorothy was controlling Duo.

The more I see the cuts they made for Toonami and arent taking out in AS and it makes me wonder about the rest of the series. I do not remember, head of Paradigm whos name escapes me on 5 hours sleep, saying "Do you know what the true meaning of heavens day is? Its the birth of gods son". Which of course would have been cut from the Toonami version being religious. And the death count just climbs daily. Which it didnt in the first showing either.

The battle between O and Duo was good right until the end when the cliche hit. When Big O was up in the rafters hanging. Duo should have flown and gotten him. "But he tried to remember the engines wouldnt start". Well thats part of time honored ways for the hero to win isnt it? But he didnt try to start them until Big O was 3/4's of the way down. Duo had the edge when O was hanging. Its the DBZ "OMG he has the uber attack! We're all gonna die". Right when the hero is at his darkest moment. There really was no reason for O to have won that one. But its still my favorite action episode.

And the power of this compressed air pistons is impressive. The farther into the series and you notice the less Roger cares about peoples lives when hes trying to survive. This is the way a human would be in that situation. Well if he had a giant robot.
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 7:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Quote:
What was the point of Dorothy at the end of the episode? Funny it took me a second watching of it to catch the significance. Dorothy noticed where Big Duo was trying to go to. And went to the room it was pointing at. She found Angels cigarette. Which implies either that a)Angel was controlling it or b)Shes key to background of the mystery. Angel has most of her memories. Unlike the head of Paradigm who has all of them. Actually the first time I saw it I thought Dorothy was controlling Duo.

I was thinking along those lines...
PostMon Jul 28, 2003 8:08 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Adult Swim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: