нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Review Title Issue...
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Review Title Issue...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject: Review Title Issue...
unfortunately, i can't tell which person posted my review, or else i'd avoid making a thread about this...

concerning my review of the animatrix's 'a detective story', was there a problem with my original title that caused it to be altered from "Animatrix, The - "A Detective's Story"" to just "The Animatrix"? unfortunately, i plan to do two or three others (i've already written out one for "Program"), so i was hoping to seperate 'em through the title, so people could tell the difference (not to mention have it classified under "A" instead of "T")...

i've had html-ized reviews in the past vanish when going back to re-edit them prior to submission before, and while it's always been the review itself, it wouldn't surprise me if the title bowed out and the new one was just improvised...if it was just some sort of mix-up, can i re-submit it?
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 9:02 pm
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
Only "Animatrix, The - " appeared. For some odd reason, anything that is put in quotes doesn't show up in the title bars on this site (in News AND in Reviews), so "A Detective's Story" didn't appear.

It sounded really stupid like that, so I fixed it up.

Sorry about that.

Check the Reviews section now. I changed it back to the way you wanted it.
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 11:15 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
place \ before the "
its and escape character
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 11:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
dougisfunny wrote:
place \ before the "
its and escape character

I just tried that.

It works when I preview it, but disappears again when I approve the modifications. Confused

Also, I just can't edit the reviews immediately like I can with news. I have to actually preview them before the modifications are applied, and usually previewing gets rid of those special characters that you so desperately need, which sucks. Sad

I'm sorry, but I can't change this for you. One of the higher powers (TylerL or Zogg) might be able to do it, though.
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 12:08 am
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
i appreciate the quick responses, and it looks a lot better now...

i think i'm going to change my subsequent reviews to "Animatrix, The: [Non-quoted Name]" since i think the flow is disrupted a little without the quotes, and there's really no point in forcing them to appear if they're that much trouble...

if the opportunity comes up to alter it one more time to that format, many thanks, but if not, it's no big deal...

added later: didn't mean the brackets to be added with it; that was just a means of an [insert name here]-esque example...what i want is "Animatrix, The: A Detective Story"

...i apologize for not saying it so clearly the first time around...

Last edited by JJc14 on Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 9:44 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
if you don't mind, try doing it one more time with \\ it just might be what it takes, regular expressions need that, but as I don't know exactly what is used... you can try it if you want, you know i would, except I don't have that power

oh and maybe putting ' around the " might work... it really just depends on the language and escape keys '"' work in something... oh its just so silly... heck maybe """. I wish i could help more...
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 12:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
JJc14 wrote:
added later: didn't mean the brackets to be added with it; that was just a means of an [insert name here]-esque example...what i want is "Animatrix, The: A Detective Story"

...i apologize for not saying it so clearly the first time around...

...huh?

*checks Reviews section*

Hmmmm... That's weird. I didn't put those brackets in there. Confused I just got home 5 minutes ago.

Eery voice: The review section is haunted. HHHhaaaaAAAUUuuuunnNNNTTTttteeeedddDDD!

Review Lodge Owner: I had better call Bono Doo and the gang to solve this mystery.
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 5:23 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Daikun wrote:
...huh?

*checks Reviews section*

Hmmmm... That's weird. I didn't put those brackets in there. :? I just got home 5 minutes ago.

Eery voice: The review section is haunted. HHHhaaaaAAAUUuuuunnNNNTTTttteeeedddDDD!

Review Lodge Owner: I had better call Bono Doo and the gang to solve this mystery.

hmm, so what's the best thing to do in a situation like this? complicate things of course!

::submits another review::

...let's see what the haunted spirits think about that...
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 10:46 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
you like so have to call luigi
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 11:24 pm
Kalma

Veteran

Post subject:
Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!

"If you people cared as much for human life as we do, we wouldn't have to kill all of you."
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 1:49 am
Daikun

Obsessor

Post subject:
I forgot: How do you spell "Eerie" again? Razz

Eery voice: I can't help it if my disembodied parents named me Eery but damnit Eery is who I is man. WHO I IS!
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 2:04 am
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
on an interesting note, had the show been .hack\\sign you'd have had to type in .hack\\\\\\\\sign for it to appear even in the preview
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 12:37 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
it's situations like this where i'm glad that all i have to do is type the thing and not have to deal with getting it to work properly...
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 12:53 pm
dougisfunny

Obsessor

Post subject:
I'd say yeah, that's my job and I love getting things to work properly.. but I'm not authorized to do so... yet
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 3:02 pm
JJc14

Obsessor

Post subject:
Animatrix Review #1

...and my friend (who's a language major) keeps complaining about how hard learning arabic is...

doesn't look all that difficult to me...
PostFri Jan 30, 2004 5:44 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Site/Forum Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: