нет

Results
Polls

Votes: 764
Comments: 7

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Toonami Infolink: Forums

Toonami Infolink :: View topic - Heat Guy J - Check dis out peoples
Toonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerLToonami Turner Cartoon Network Thundercats Voltron Space Ghost Birdman Herculoids Dino Boy Galaxy Trio Mighty Mightor Moby Dick Shazzan The Impossibles Max Fleisher's Superman (a.k.a. Roulette) The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest Robotech Sailor Moon DragonBall Z Filmation Superman Batman Superfriends ReBoot Ronin Warriors G-Force Powerpuff Girls Batman: The Animated Series Gundam Wing Tenchi Muyo! Universe in Tokyo Superman Outlaw Star Big O CardCaptors Mobile Suit Gundam O8th MS Team DragonBall Batman Beyond Gundam 0080 Zoids: Zero Hamtaro Zoids: Chaotic Century Guardian Force G Gundam He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Transformers: Armada G.I. Joe .hack//Sign Yu Yu Hakusho Rurouni Kenshin QuickTime .mov MOV AVI .avi MPEG .mpg Movies movie Videos Clips Sounds articles rants essays images files CNX inner circle cn2 revolution Japan japanese multimedia saban funimation toei graz harmony gold mainframe Tyler Zogg TylerL
:: Home :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: TDA Chat Room :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Heat Guy J - Check dis out peoples
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinobo

Frequenter

Post subject: Heat Guy J - Check dis out peoples
So! For the last few months I've been catching episodes of this new series known as "Heat Guy J". First saw episode 1 back in November, and now I'm getting the rest of it. Knowing the American anime market, I'm assuming it will get licensed, and then you can get your grubby hands on a happy happy DVD. Till then...

HEAT GUY J!

So, there's this dude. Named Daisuke. Daisuke Aurora. He's a bad-ass.
Say "HI!"

He has a totally sweet robot buddy named Jay (or J, whatever). Say "Yo wazzup to my rizobot homies"

The story line (as I can tell so far) involves the near boss of a crime family called the Leonelli. Here's a pic of new head of family Claire Leonelli.

Jay and Daisuke are members of a Special Police Division, which as near as I can tell tries to stop crimes before then happen. They work in a building that reminds me of that famous triangular shaped one in NYC (can't remember it's name). The city itself seems to be a merging of a lot of different types of architecture. Cool if you ask me.

OMG HAWT PICS!

Title. Ain't it cool lookin'?

Skyline shot. The city is in my opinion very well drawn and put togther.

This is the building where Jay and Daisuke work. Fun fun.

Hot hot cycle action (the cycle turns into a jetboat).

Jay about to bring the pain (Note the steam clouds).

ACTION!

MORE ACTION!

The story is really action orientated, borrowing it seems heavily from Cowboy Bebop. Overall, I think it's cool. Not very DEEEEEP deep, but still deep enough to keep you interested. Character designs by Yuuki "Escaflowne" Nobuteru, music NOT by Yoko Kanno (still cool anyway, especially in the first episode when J brings the pain - bagpipes are SWEET!). The opening and closing songs happen to be pretty cool too.
All in all, I recommend standard fansub download/fanboy begging to bring to America procedures.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 9:11 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I've been meaning to check that out...Can't seem to find it. Maybe it's for the best cause I have to much anime to watch...
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 9:14 am
Beefy

Obsessor

Post subject:
Thank you for the visual aids. Smile They are a great help.

Something tells me Bandai will be doing this series.
PostSun Mar 09, 2003 12:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject: Re: Heat Guy J - Check dis out peoples
Shinobo wrote:

The story is really action orientated, borrowing it seems heavily from Cowboy Bebop.

I was thinking that before I even read that sentence, those two pics look just like Spike.
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 7:42 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
Actually they look more likea mix of Allen and Van from Escaflowne than Spike. They just have him relaxing in poses you've seen Spike in is all.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostMon Mar 10, 2003 12:53 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Spookmonkey wrote:
Actually they look more likea mix of Allen and Van from Escaflowne than Spike. They just have him relaxing in poses you've seen Spike in is all.

...same producers, i believe...

Yeah, this is a pretty interesting show. It does definitely have a feel to it that crosses between Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Machine*... of course, I enjoy the werewolf-like character that shows up a couple of episodes later in the series, but that's just me...

*I also suggest people to try and find fansubs of Ghost in the Machine: Stand Alone Complex if they're big fans of cyber-punk...

"I plan to live forever. So far so good." -Steven Wright
PostTue Mar 11, 2003 9:41 pm
Cooolcorey

Frequenter

Post subject:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

*I also suggest people to try and find fansubs of Ghost in the Machine: Stand Alone Complex if they're big fans of cyber-punk...

Ghost in the Machine? I thought it was Ghost in the Shell! Or is it a different one?

Bah, I'm confused...
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 7:47 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

Ghost in the Machine? I thought it was Ghost in the Shell!

Hush. It's not nice to embarass the JohnnyPsycho. Wink
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 9:04 am
Spookmonkey

Obsessor

Post subject:
close fucking enough, it's not like they didn't have simularities n stuff anyway besides the title. Personaly I think of it as an either/or thing, it's can either be machine or ghost. It don't really matter.

He's better than Pop-Rocks!
PostWed Mar 12, 2003 2:22 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
Cooolcorey wrote:
JohnnyPsycho wrote:

Ghost in the Machine? I thought it was Ghost in the Shell! Or is it a different one?

Bah, I'm confused...

Sorry, I did mean Ghost in the Shell... my brain was fried that night, and I had just gotten done reading the newest installment of Ghost in the Shell 2: Man/Machine Interface, Masamune Shirow's sequel to his highly popular manga... So far, GitS: Stand Alone Complex seems to resemble a little bit of both the original GitS and GitS: Man/Machine Interface mangas, but is also (as the title suggests) a stand-alone series... Very cool...

again, sorry for the confusion. To sum up:

Ghost in the Shell = good manga, good movie
Ghost in the Shell 2: Man/Machine Interface = awesome manga sequel
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Very cool series that I hightly suggest you find fansubs of...
Ghost in the Machine = name of a band, an episode of the X-Files, a bad horror movie from 1993, some strange computer game, a popular title for many people's term papers, and the result of my brain muddling my words...

snoogins...

PostFri Mar 14, 2003 10:24 pm
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Re: Heat Guy J - Check dis out peoples
Shinobo wrote:
So! For the last few months I've been catching episodes of this new series known as "Heat Guy J". First saw episode 1 back in November, and now I'm getting the rest of it. Knowing the American anime market, I'm assuming it will get licensed, and then you can get your grubby hands on a happy happy DVD.

*Spins up the "Happy Happy Joy Joy Song"* Exclamation
http://www.pioneeranimation.com/titles.php?id=478

Last edited by Nobuyuki on Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Mar 15, 2003 11:01 pm
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
I have yet to see one ep of Heat Guy J yet(Still tring to Download ep 1). As for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex it is a great series (^_^). But I find it odd that the first 4(maybe 5) ep's there is are clips from different ep's in it but then it goes to a 3D opening(I'm not complaining). The Opening and ending themes are great too. I know this is off the topic but has anyone seen Get Backers or Kiddy Grade?
PostSun Mar 16, 2003 8:04 pm
JohnnyPsycho

Veteran

Post subject:
I've seen both, and in fact my anime club is currently showing Get Backers...

Get Backers is pretty funny, but it tends to fall under some of the same sort of stuff we've seen in many previous action fight-oriented anime... of course, I don't really put that against them...

As for Kiddy Grade, well......

Mostly, I just avoid that series just for its name. Yeah, I know, it's kind of unfair to judge an anime solely from that, but then again, one of the lead female characters is rather young looking, and from a few images that I've seen of some episodes.......

yeah, I'm not into "lolicon" stuff...

Twisted Evil

PostSat Mar 22, 2003 3:26 am
Chibi_Zero

Obsessor

Post subject:
Lol suit yourself. But that young girl you speak of is much older then you think.
PostSat Mar 22, 2003 6:58 am
Nobuyuki

Obsessor

Post subject: Back from the dead and back on topic! :)
Official website now online:
http://www.heatguyj.com/

Note: Very heavy use of Flash.
PostWed May 21, 2003 2:04 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toonami Infolink Forum Index -> Toonami All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: